Hondo's Bar

Thread of Infinite Joy

Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...

Woman Goes On Facebook To Solve The Mystery Of The Boy Who Secretly Hugs Her Dog

P90gvH5.gif

The video was posted by Hollie Breaux Mallet, who spied the recurring adorable activity on her home security system.

Touched by his clandestine affection for her dog, Duchess, Hollie reached out to her Facebook friends, asking her neighbors if they knew who the young boy in the video was.

CJOkSFO.jpg

TL;DR Boy lost his dog last year, caught on video giving secret hugs to neighborhood dog.

It didn't take long for the boy's mother, Ginger Clement Breaux, a Louisiana native, to recognize it was her son, Josh in the video. Sadly, their family dog, Bella, passed away last year and Josh was taking her loss pretty hard. Ginger responded to Hollie's post.

‘Josh talks about your dog all the time! Every time we pass he looks to see if she was sitting where he could see her. Just didn’t know he was doing things like this.

Last night when I first saw it, I was torn as a momma being happy and upset because he knows he shouldn’t be on someone’s property, but I wake up this morning more happy that he just absolutely adores dogs so much.’

And although he was embarrassed that now the whole neighborhood is privy to his sneak-hugging ways, after he got the green light to visit Duchess from both his mom and neighbor, he immediately went to go and play with the pup and even snapped some selfies.

John Oliver did a story a few weeks back on how fucked up the debt collection industry is and focused specifically on medical debt. The joyous part comes in when he and his staff discovered they can buy debt for as little as a fraction of a penny on the dollar. So his show bought $15million dollars worth of medical debt . . . and then they forgave it all!

Watch the full story from his show below. You can ffw to the 18:10 mark to see all of the giveaway.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bumped into this last night and it got me right in the 'feels' bone - it's a recent fan-made trailer for the 1924 classic and it is sooo freakin' well done. I've posted a restoration ad for this film somewhere awhile ago, but this trailer filled me w/ fuzzies - pure magic. Thought I'd share here - turn that volume up!

@ 1:54

turbolax1.gif

LOL!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ YES! Great cover! LOL! At the Henson Exhibit over here, they got a Rowlf set up and he's holding the sheet music for this song. I'll edit this post later and add / share the pic!

EDIT: Pic added.

tumblr_oo4i76JNtb1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Man, diggin' through my pics - I should share / post sum real gems they got over there...Ima doo-dat.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 2 months later...

@1:48 - subtitles: (thematic music) LOL!

I use to room w/ a bud who was wheelchair-bound. Total Flashbacks - he was extremely good humored and after a few months, we both hated stairs. LOL - but we'd be in tears laughing, cursin' 'em out in public.

We went to an animation festival / screening hosted by the creator of ATHF - at a small local theater over here. No ramps, stairs everywhere. The whole venue was put on pause as I lugged him around like 'Bubba' in Forest Gump and put him in a seat.

Hilarious, 'cuz he made a scene acting as if 'traumatized' by 'too many stairs'...and applause when he threw up a 'thumbs up' once settled.

It's tough to stay positive when life hands you sum sour-ass lemons - it really is inspiring when you see someone genuinely try to still enjoy what there is life has to offer - when it's so much damn easier to just shut down.

• Like 1

Yeah, Zach has a great attitude I find very inspiring. It took him all damn day, but he got that bagel. And that's a great story about you and your roommate at the theater. Applause was well earned. Some people would bitch and moan about no handicapped access and call it quits, others would find a way to make it work. Glad you two fall into the latter category.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
weird spelling errors

• 1 year later...