Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man VS Spider-Man

Panch

Spidey VS Spidey  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

oh, you are so splitting hairs, and you know it. unless you're saying you want a vote just for that costume, which i agree was fantastic.

speaking of:

250px-Spider-ManM.jpg

that costume is just sexy as fuck, even without the firm buttocks. it looks like one of those few 90s updates to a classic that i can actually get behind ( :ifyouknowwhatimean: )

This isn't a costume contest. It's all (most) of the alternate versions of Spidey (clones count as alternate versions). Also, Nick, I think you may have the House of M celebrity version confused with Ben Reilly Spidey. Their costumes DO look similar so I'll chock it up to the eyes.

no no, i know Reilly's (I got the figure), the one i posted back there's House of M one that was short-lived; im saying, it looks to me like a sleeker 90s update. Reilly's was cool (expanding the spider across the chest, that gambit thing where you make two fingers a different color, etc) and i loved it, but i think the M one is a bit more subtle: it's got all the stuff i loved about Ditko's design, just a little sharper. i'm a fan.

Oh really? Cool. Didn't think you were a fan of the House of M variant. I wasn't so crazy about the costume, but more the character. He was technically 616 Parker just tweaked by Scarlet Witch. While the HoM: Spidey mini was alright, I was more into that one issue Bendis wrote during the event book. So powerful was the reaction to Peter remembering. Issue still gives me chills.

that was great. i know we talked about it, but Pete got fucked the worst by House of M, more than any other single character...seeing some fallout was great, continuity kills me that Pete was out & wisecracking like next month...i dont wanna see him moping forever, but its always weird to have a character go through that and never, ever reference it again.

i can't remember why you liked Reign, now that i think about it. that one went right past me, still havent read India or Noir.

Reign was a very blatant Dark Knight Returns cash in, however what it had that DKR didn't was a sensible narrative and a writer that wasn't mercury-huffing loony. There's a lot of great moments in DKR, there's also a lot of moments that sequed naturally into Dark Knight Strikes Again, the thing is you forget the crazy and remember the good when you read it (for example: swastika tits). Also Zombie-Spidey has power cosmic and bionic enhancements, so unless we're introducing Captain Universe Spidey into the mix he's the clear winner.

Also Zombie-Spidey has power cosmic and bionic enhancements, so unless we're introducing Captain Universe Spidey into the mix he's the clear winner.

This isn't a Lorelei thread. It isn't who would win, it's who you think is the coolest/whatever.

Dammit 'Baytor

Leave-Bruno-ALONE.jpg

You and the swastika tits. I always try to keep in mind that DKR is more mid-1980's than Jem. You mustn't question the fascist 'roided up Annie Lennox. :2T: And you better not say 'balls nasty'.

So this is just who you think is coolest? I voted for 2099 and doppelganger. Spidey with the 6 arms from that issue of What If... deserves a pic.

42-1.jpg

What always bugged me about that issue is that Reed Richards designs a harness to hide his extra arms with a hologram, but wouldn't they still get in the way? Did anyone actually understand what a hologram was in the early 90's?

Spidey with the 6 arms from that issue of What If... deserves a pic.

Six-armed Spidey is actually cannon. It has to with Morbius. So it falls into the Amazing Spider-Man timeline. Technically, so does House of M, but I read somewhere that once Scarlet Witch changed everything it became another timeline. One that existed at the same time as the 616.

What always bugged me about that issue is that Reed Richards designs a harness to hide his extra arms with a hologram, but wouldn't they still get in the way? Did anyone actually understand what a hologram was in the early 90's?

No and that's exactly why it worked out.

Edited by Panch

Six-armed Spidey is actually cannon. It has to with Morbius. So it falls into the Amazing Spider-Man timeline.

D'oh. Yeah, brainfart. I actually have those issues (i think it was 2) reprinted somewhere. Morbius/Lizard story.

Whatabout Man-Spider from that Marvel Fanfare story with Angel in the Savage Land? That was kinda cool. Not so cool for Angel, who for some reason turns into a giant chicken when he's devolved.

Oh, weird. i just noticed that both the "What If" and the "Marvel Fanfare" were both drawn by Michael Golden. :blink: That guy was awesome.

incv2p.jpg

Whatabout Man-Spider from that Marvel Fanfare story with Angel in the Savage Land? That was kinda cool. Not so cool for Angel, who for some reason turns into a giant chicken when he's devolved.

Oh, weird. i just noticed that both the "What If" and the "Marvel Fanfare" were both drawn by Michael Golden. :blink: That guy was awesome.

You know I thought about it, but I think it's totally lame. My opinion. It wasn't the last time to happen either. During Avengers: Disassembled some new villain chick tapped into everyone's 'inner-primordial insect' and was controlling them like a queen. Peter, OBVIOUSLY, is involved in this crap and devolves into a fuckin' giant spider. Stupid. What it had to do with Avengers: Disassembled, I don't know. Captain America made an appearance?

I'm holding my vote until I read Spiderman Noir(ideally this week). In the meantime my default choice would be HoM strictly for characterisation.

Oh, and my best guess is the reason for the deviant timeline is so Marvel can continue to produce HoM Civil War Ape-zombies minis.