Hondo's Bar

Dark Souls

The NZA

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm trying to play this... but it wont let me download the latest patch! It prompts me, I hit ok, then it just stays on the progress screen with nothing moving. Anyone heard of this/know how to fix it? NZA!? All on PS3 of course.

In the meantime I will pursue this error message that just popped up as I type this >.<

Haha, nah it's working perfectly fine. I read up a bit and apparently the latest firmware update is fucking up people's ability to properly download patches to some games. I have no clue how to fix it. And it's only on this game. I've had other patches since the update that go through fine. There's talk of port switching and stuff, but I haven't found any specifics. Now I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing this with other games.

• 2 months later...

“Even Babies Should Be Able to Complete Dark Souls II” Says New Director for the Series

The surprise announcement of Dark Souls II has pleased the hardcore gaming masses but now some are questioning the decisions of the new director for the series, Tomohiro Shibuya. He says that everyone should be able to complete the game.

In an interview conducted with 1UP, Shibuya admits that he has never finished the original Dark Souls and that his previous game experience is mostly in art assets.

“I watched [Hidetaka] Miyazaki (the original director) very closely when he worked on Dark Souls. I mostly know that this game is considered very difficult, but I want to take the series in a new direction,” he says, “I prefer that the game be completable by everyone. Even babies should be able to complete this game.”

Calm down, it's an Onion style troll site. Click around though, there are some gems.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Vaatividya has some great breakdowns about the lore of the Souls games and Bloodborne. Nick should dig this. I really like his essays on the different characters as well.

Some are pretty lengthy, but spell out things that the games definitely don't make clear.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...