Hondo's Bar

Man Of Steel - Zack Snyder done directed hisself a new Superman flick

Panch

zack.jpg

Darren Aronofsky might have been more adventurous and Matt Reeves might have been more Spielberg-ian, but as it turns out, the director of the second "Superman" reboot will end up more Dr. Manhattan-ish.

As first broken by Deadline yesterday evening, producers Christopher Nolan and David Goyer have selected "Watchmen" director Zack Snyder to helm the latest incarnation of "Superman. " Snyder, who's currently in theaters with "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole," confirmed last night that he'll start working on "Superman" as soon as he finishes his next movie, "Sucker Punch," out next March. The "Superman" film, with a script by Goyer from an idea by Goyer and Nolan, is expected to be released around Christmas 2012 (assuming the world hasn't ended by then).

Snyder might not have been the most daring choice among the shortlist, but he's not the dullest either (that would have been Tony Scott). His career has been a curious one. He began as a music video director and did not direct his first film, 2004's "Dawn of the Dead" remake, until age 38. (As a contrast, Nolan made his first film when he was 28, and Bryan Singer, the director of "Superman Returns," was 23 on his first movie.) "Dead" wasn't a major hit, but "300," his next film, was, though it's probably best remembered for extreme slow-motion shots of men's abdominals. "Watchmen" was his most high-profile film, his lifelong-passion project, and even though it was a slight disappointment at the box office, many admired it. "Legend of the Guardians" has done well in theaters so far, though it's worth watching how "Sucker Punch" does. Warner Bros probably wouldn't enjoy watching their "Superman" director having a film tank the year before they try to relaunch a franchise.

Link.

Edited by alive she cried
edited thread title

Yeah, more like Hack Snyder

After Bryan Singer abandoned X3 to the gay wolves & still screwed the pooch on this, I kind of consider Superman to be Scorched Earth. If anyone could make it cool though, it'd be this guy. *Fingers crossed for the Elite*

Who does that look like? WHO DOES THAT LOOK LIKE!?

dr-manhattan2.jpg

I'll defend a good portion of Superman Returns: Beautifully shot, well acted. If Bryan Singer had just bothered to put in a plot and a couple more non-lifting action scene other than the minigun/eye scene then it would have been great.

EDIT: Also, that kid needed to not exist.

Edited by Iambaytor

if the kid didn't punch through her stomach to get out, I'm guessing a traditional abortion would've done the trick lol.

I wouldn't be upset if they decided to bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex. If that's who they wanted for a villain that is.

if the kid didn't punch through her stomach to get out, I'm guessing a traditional abortion would've done the trick lol.

I wouldn't be upset if they decided to bring back Kevin Spacey as Lex. If that's who they wanted for a villain that is.

Kryptonians gain their power by exposure to our sun. Makes sense that he'd be an ordinary baby in the womb.