Hondo's Bar

Man Of Steel - Zack Snyder done directed hisself a new Superman flick

Panch

• 3 months later...

Zack Snyder has done no wrong for me. Zombies, Spartans and Watchmen, oh my! Even that owl movie was well done. I'm not too worried about this. They could cast a black guy and I wouldn't give a shit. I hold no loyalty to the character so it'll be interesting to see if I'll learn to like him more or not through this experience. Snyder's already given me everything I've ever wanted (except if he decides to make the inevitable Xerxes movie... groan).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amy Adams is Lois Lane

Amy+Adams+Hot+Pictures.jpg

Much improvement over Kate big head Bosworth.

When I read the words I groaned in "meh-ness," but when I see that pic I've hope. Lois as a red head could work.

And I have to admit, after seeing Sucker Punch I'm a bit skeptical of this film now. I think we could have a "Singer Returns/ WTF?" disaster in the works. Color me uncertain on this one until a trailer pops up...

I'm clearly missing something vital but, what does one have to do with the other? Superman's a damned tough row to hoe, that even Singer couldn't spin into gold. If anyone could make it good though it'd be Snyder. Has there historically been a director who's married fidelity & mainstream appeal so well? Aside from Donner of course.

Snyder has been best appreciated when he has adapted existing stories to the movie screen. Sucker Punch was his writing gig, this movie still belongs to others.

As a Director, I think he's done fine.

After seeing the clusterfuck that is SP, I worry this could be Deja Singer all over again.

Just sayin'.

Was the issue with Sucker Punch that is was poorly directed or poorly written?

The direction, especially in the first 5-10 minutes of the movie, was great. I guess the problem was the writing, and to a lesser extent (possibly due to direction/writing) the "acting".

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY