Hondo's Bar

The Dark Knight Rises

Keth

The Tom Hardy cast is fine. I loved him in Inception and he's a pretty good actor. Knowing Nolan, he'll make Bain a tweaked out henchman that's badass/fucked up enough to hang with Bats in a fight. I just don't get the Anne Hathaway cast. Are they making this movie half romantic comedy? Fuck if I know their thinking, but who knows... people were up in arms for Heath Ledger and look how that turned out.

Edited by Panch

The Tom Hardy cast is fine. I loved him in Inception and he's a pretty good actor. Knowing Nolan, he'll make Bain a tweaked out henchman that's badass/fucked up enough to hang with Bats in a fight. I just don't get the Anne Hathaway cast. Are they making this movie half romantic comedy? Fuck if I know their thinking, but who knows... people were up in arms for Heath Ledger and look how that turned out.

... Did you even fucking read Knightfall? Bane's historically handed Wayne his arse better than anyone else. He's crazy-smart, a psychological fighter and a steroid freak to boot. Ain't no fuckin' henchman in this shit and I hate to see such a brilliant villian once again wasted thanks to some hack's ego.

let's be honest; if this was Knightfall, it'd be a whole different film alltogether. from the perspective of Bane in films, panch's call as a diesel henchman that can actually hang/threaten bats in a fight is leagues better than just saying "bomb...", just to put things in perspective.

wait...is he the main baddie here? was that talk of The Riddler just rumors?

Argh! Don't use the guy if you're not gonna use him right, is what I'm saying! Read the article that Panch linked to though, and they at least acknowledge and to a limited extend justify Hardy's casting, I'ma check out Bronson and post some thoughts after that.

Bane as the main baddie is stupid. Just cause he broke Batman don't make him cool. Still the potential is there in Nolan's world. Oh and he doesn't have to be diesel, either. In this world Nolan's thought up, shit's more realistic. Dude can still be smart, but quiet, too. I still think Two-Face will have a part in this and, of course, there's other angles we don't know about. Talia Al Ghul for example (I heard another female lead was being casted). Why can't can't Bane be her goon? Her little ace in the hole trained JUST TO FIGHT Bats. Dude's crazy so he shoots up before fights to give im that extra edge. BAM!! I just wrote the whole movie!

JZA - yeah, lemme know how Bronson goes, im curious now too.

panch - i dont know that he's main bad guy potential for a film either, but i do think he should at least be physically imposing to bats, which based on google images, this guy can be.

11939418_gal.jpgBaneJS.jpg

ps that makes 3 films with questionable female leads, you know.

Bane as the main baddie is stupid. Just cause he broke Batman don't make him cool. Still the potential is there in Nolan's world. Oh and he doesn't have to be diesel, either. In this world Nolan's thought up, shit's more realistic. Dude can still be smart, but quiet, too. I still think Two-Face will have a part in this and, of course, there's other angles we don't know about. Talia Al Ghul for example (I heard another female lead was being casted). Why can't can't Bane be her goon? Her little ace in the hole trained JUST TO FIGHT Bats. Dude's crazy so he shoots up before fights to give im that extra edge. BAM!! I just wrote the whole movie!

I'm wishing you to death right now. Just so you know. What you just wrote was Batman Forever. Go die with Schumacher now you SOB.

NZA- will post impressions, but google image is showing me a man no more than 178cm(5'10"), which puts him as about as pysically imposing as Alpha Flight's Puck.

Agree w/ Jza in regards to Ms Quinnzel. I think it'd be better to save her for the inevitable "reboot" in a few yrs. Also agree w/ Jza's hateration of Panch's idea of basically Nolan remaking Batman Forever. He did just basically replace Poison Ivy w/ Talia.

But it would be a nice full circle to Batman Begins, and interesting love triangle, if the two female leads were Selena and Talia.

Tellin' you all, Shiva would be a crazy-compelling female lead. She's more or less the deadliest female alive and(not shooting for Knightfall here buuuuut...) is the one responsible for the brunt of Bruce's rehab after bane breaks his back.

With a name like DK Rises though, it's doubtful they're going to put Batman at his physical lowest(again, with so many good villains WHY BANE?!?!?!), unless the Dark knight in question is Azrael? That'd be so nice and I know Baytor & Haku are with me in wanting to see him on screen. I mean, Nolan planted the seeds of impersonators with the godawful NightWing plant @ the beginning/middle of DK...

Nightwing in TDK? You lost me there. And Shiva would've been a nice reference in BB prior to or after Rash, but I'm not sure why you'd want to squeeze her in to DKR when you've got such a wealth of untapped villains in Bt's rogues' gallery. Besides, Shiva is pretty much. Red Robin/Tim Drake villain now anyway.

As for Azrael, I'd be shocked--shocked, I say--to ever see him in a Batman live action film.

yeah...nolan doesnt want robin or batgirl or any of that; id say 0% chance of azreal, might as well just hope for him in the DC animated U. and shiva: why? we've still got so many more recognizable bat-people to play with here.

im with hakus on the Nightwing plant, too....details man. or were you referring to the batman gang bit? i assume that's gotta be it, i so need to rewatch DK but i dont recall getting that vibe from the few moments we got with those guys.

ps every movie needs more :venom: and no not the bane juice. OH SHIT JZA ITS A THINGS YOU HATE CROSSOVER

Flaming swords baby. They's impressive.

And the Nightwing thing: This I only know because of a marriage of serendipity and asperger's, I happened upon a Nightwing trade years ago where this goofy dickhead in hockey pants & carrying a nightstick picked up Nightwing's duties in Bludhaven while Grayson dealt with No Man's Land/ was too busy being a cop or whatever. Anyways, he met a demise similar to that of the batman Impersonator the Joker videotapes, so I always figured between that and the 'I don't wear hockeypants' at the beginning was a little easter egg for the few that might get it. Fucking thorough...

And I get it, that these days Shiva's little more than Batmen Inc's Danger Room(the sparring sessions between her & Cassandra Cain are the stuff of legend), but I still say she'd make a much more compelling lead by the same measure as, Selina Kyle's tired-arse needs to wait another movie(though I'd love to see Cooke/Lee's costume on screen at some point).

I like Tahlia as a lead, but now that Morrison's picked the fruit of Rucka's old 'Demon's Bride' or w/e that was called it wouldn't be edgy. What about Vesper Fairchild or Jezebel Jet? Either makes for a helluva cliffhanger...

Nite-Wing.jpg

OK, I know that character and story arc you're talking about, Jay. But I thin it's a BIG stretch to say that's who Nolan was referencing in TDK. And the line was, "Because I'm not wearing hockey pads."

Anyway, do we want Hathaway's Catwoman in latex or leather? With cleavage (like the modern version) or without?

Bane would be a good choice of villain if they played him like he was originally written, he was essentially a mental equal to Batman (if not smarter), not to mention he was well trained in several different martial arts, and he was ridiculously strong. Yeah he broke Batman, but it wasn't just cause he was a tough bastard, the guy was easily Ra's Al Gul's better in the day.

Argh! Don't use the guy if you're not gonna use him right, is what I'm saying! Read the article that Panch linked to though, and they at least acknowledge and to a limited extend justify Hardy's casting, I'ma check out Bronson and post some thoughts after that.

Bronson is a hard watch (not Hardy's fault though), He's brillaint in it and is no less than a monster, basically a tall wolverine in non stop berserker mode.

I think he's perfect for Bane. Also

Nolan said, "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies."

I'm wishing you to death right now. Just so you know. What you just wrote was Batman Forever.

Also agree w/ Jza's hateration of Panch's idea of basically Nolan remaking Batman Forever. He did just basically replace Poison Ivy w/ Talia.

Batman and Robin, know your shit Batman movies. Batman Forever is Riddler and Two Face.

Flaming swords baby. They's impressive.

And the Nightwing thing: This I only know because of a marriage of serendipity and asperger's, I happened upon a Nightwing trade years ago where this goofy dickhead in hockey pants & carrying a nightstick picked up Nightwing's duties in Bludhaven while Grayson dealt with No Man's Land/ was too busy being a cop or whatever. Anyways, he met a demise similar to that of the batman Impersonator the Joker videotapes, so I always figured between that and the 'I don't wear hockeypants' at the beginning was a little easter egg for the few that might get it. Fucking thorough...

Pretty sure the Batman imitators are a reference to the Batman imitators in TDKR :2T:

Oh and a final point to almost evereybody in this thread:

Shut the fuck up, Nolan created one of the best comic book movies of all time and then created one of the greatest films of all time to follow up. He made possibly the best movie of last year, and has a pretty good record outside of these movies. So shut up, go the cinema when The Dark Knight Rises comes out, hand over your hard earned cash, watch one of the greatest comic book movies of all time, leave delighted, log on to Hondo's, admit you were an idiot for doubting Nolan in the first place.

Edited by alive she cried
  • Upvote 1

Batman Begins was not as good as the first two Spider-Man movies and Sam Raimi never made Insmonia. Otherwise I agree with you, I don't think this will be as laden with outside problems as Spider-Man 3 and since both are entirely different types of movie, I don't think it will be an issue.