Hondo's Bar

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

the division of joy

by Digital Foundry/others' accounts, newest patch this week fixes the majority of the PS3 version's problems, making the game fully playable.

I wanna give props here, and i kinda do, but it's 3 months late and i feel like only after a few sites/journalists found their balls and kept the pressure on, since Fallout 3/NV never did get patched right.

I hope Bethesda keeps making the stuff they do, but i hope more sales lean towards the PC/360 versions until they get them right, personally.

This friken game... Easily the buggiest POS I've EVER played. Some major quests I'll never get to finish...

A lot of major quests I'll never get to finish. This shit should still be in beta... Why the hell would they release this shit????

And yes I got the latest patch. My god I've never felt such a huge chunk of my time wasted in my life

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

You fail to acknowledge the mind fuck here. You play an awesome game that requires a ton of hrs of play until you realize programming is done terribly.

Please, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You spend a month ignoring googling all the fukin puzzles to get the most out of what you consider is a great game just to hit a dead end?

You wouldn't be pissed?

It's written all over this pos... There isn't proper exception catching causing crashes and 15+min load times...

Quest tags are always stuck well after the use is over... (items, inventory, or otherwise)

Do I have to mention the Thalmor quest? Was anyone able to get it done on ps3/Xbox? They totally left the trigger completely out of the game!

Um if you ignore the 37820583 fuk ups in the game then yea this game is sik mcnasty but it's inexcusably endless. Easily said I'm used to waiting 10 years for the next game I'm interested in (I.e. mvc3) no probz. Quality over a gamefly statistic plz. I own all my games unfortunately.

Needless to say after investing more of my time in googling the muthafookin shit outta the game I discovered work arounds and got the plat. Trophy.

Ps these errors are universal. Not just the port. There's a console entry for a work around for everyone of these things for PC folks to work with. There's no console interface for Xbox/ps3.

The only port issues have to do with memory allocation or ram management.. Before the patch the fighting had to have been going at -100000 fps. I took a break til it came out

Edited by IceManML

I've found the PS3 version alright so far, though I am having issues with a mission where I have to steal a horse and give it to some guy, the guy however has spawned about 4-5 times and all of them are attacking me. They however won't die and let me fail the mission.

Damn you Louie Letrush, you elusive schizo horse wanting bastard.

I don't know what Thalmor quest he's talking about, but I did quests until I just had the random repeating ones left. I don't recall any problems.

I just think Iceman is being presumptuous is all. No doubt that there are people who experienced gamebreaking glitches, but I think they represent a vocal minority. The millions who experienced no issues generally don't make topics about it on message boards.

I currently just lost 6 hours because in Kingdoms of Amaluar: Reckoning because an NPC script won't trigger, and I can't fast travel. It's the only bug I've found in a game that I thought to be pretty polished, but it's the definition of gamebreaking. <uch more than I experienced in Skyrim.

I'm irritated, but it's still a good game. I'm gonna suck it up and load an old save.

While I am experiencing major glitches, I can't agree with Ice that it has ruined my gaming experience. This game is too awesome. Worst glitch: major lag/sticking or entire areas looking like its straight out of the Matrix. Weirdest glitch: having to fight an invisible dragon. Funniest glitch: dozens of bunnies running then getting stuck underwater. All still trying to escape me!

I haven't played a whole lot since the last patch, but it seems to have done the trick with the lag. Either way, if it does return it ruins nothing for me. I kinda wish they treated fallut 3 and new vegas with as many patches as they have here cause it is alot harder to return to those two.

RE Alamur: Awesome game if not a little too simple. It does well to disguise itself as more complex than it is. It also does a good job of doing for RPGs what Darksiders did for action games. It's like playing WoW, Dragon Age, Oblivion and, well, Darksiders all in one game. Wanna see more to come outta this one.

It pisses me off that I gotta look for work arounds instead of just enjoying the game. Instead I gotta worry about shit like my horse standing on my enemies head while I'm trying to slash him. STOOOPID fookin shadowmere thing...

Lookit: PC VERSION this is a quest u get in the beginning of the game. Even with the console the game bugs the HELL OUT. It's like it's not even finished.

See, that was my only real bitch about the game. Ambiguous ending, and no fanfare or reward. I went to see the Blades and even they didn't give a shit that I saved their asses. A far cry from the celebration and statue in your honor at the end of Oblivion.

In that case, even tho this game is the most detailed ive ever seen, it's still the most half assed.

Even the background and quest stories are incredibly detailed, it's amazing... The shit load o bugs simply doesn't do this game justice.

All in all I think I may have hit a hiccup leading to a chain of bugs. Had to have been the nightmare quest.. Ever since i went to dawnstar everyone started doin da funky chicken.

I just can't explain how any company could ignore such major bugs afflicting the gameplay like that.

See, that was my only real bitch about the game. Ambiguous ending, and no fanfare or reward. I went to see the Blades and even they didn't give a shit that I saved their asses. A far cry from the celebration and statue in your honor at the end of Oblivion.

Probably means they'll have some half-assed "real ending' DLC like Fallout 3 did.