Hondo's Bar

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

the division of joy

See, I thought the same thing about the uselessness of Skyrim horses at first.

Until I scaled a vertical slope with one. Skyrim horses are some sure footed bastards.

There should be some varation between speed and grip with different ones though. Especially with ones like Shadowmere. She should be fast as shit.

Edited by Thelogan
though though though

ugh man... all this stuff becoming avail after I wore this game into the ground... I read an article on this thing... this game shoulda came out way later than it did. perhaps like a year...?

I'm pissed that I have no interest in playing at the moment.

Yea it does... Can't wait to play it... You know... Later than everyone else cuz o glitches on ps3...

I'm def hoppin on Xbox for next gen... Theyre sega design anyways pfffft!

You know what I never Checked to see if they fixed the dawnstar glitch... Maybe I need to dust this game off

Edited by IceManML

Dawnguard Game Informer article leaked

*Vampire Lord is a transformation, like the werewolf, but you can change back at will.

*Perk trees for vampires and werewolves, and they can be alternatively learned by killing enemies with your powers, if you happen to be level capped

*New enemy types, including Legendary Dragons

*The questline will take you to Oblivion

*Crossbows remain loaded and can stagger an enemy, but take longer to reload. All bow skills transfer to crossbows.

*New NPC in the Ratway will allow you to change your face

*Dragonbone weapons

*New shouts

*$20

Yeah, the perks of being a vampire really aren't worth it in this one. I loved being a vamp in Oblivion and Morrowind, but in Skyrim it's just a pain in the ass.

I got a really cool mod that adds a big skill tree and a bunch more abilities that make it well worth it, but I really didn't enjoy it in vanilla.

I have a feeling that getting the vampire lord transformation requires you to be a vampire, but maybe they'll add stuff to make it worthwhile.

Oh sweet. Actually read those Game Informer pages: 360 exclusive, then pc and PS3 get some sweet sweet lovin. After 30 days according to here. Hopefully they work out any bugs they come across during the 360 run. That plus the beta should be plenty of time.

• Bullet Points!

• The main quest has two different tracks, one for Vampire Lord and one for Dawnguard.
    • Dawnguard will offer 10-20 hours of gameplay, depending on how you play.
    • Even though the two story tracks are separate, they'll come together at various key points in the story. "Whatever the Macguffin is," Howard told me, "both sides come together around that point, and then it diverges afterwards.
    • The demo I played was partway into the Vampire Lord track. The plot involved helping a woman vampire named Serana find her mother, Valerica, who had fled Tamriel to a plane of Oblivion called "Soul Cairn." We performed a ritual to open a portal to Soul Cairn.
    • Serana lives in a castle called Castle Volkhar, which is located in a previously inaccessable region of the far northwest corner of the map, near Icewater Jetty.
    • Full sizea2637731f883221fbb501458448486c7.jpg
    • Serana and Valerica are both caught up in a much larger story involving pure vampires that followed Molag Bal. Those vampires are called the "Daughters of Coldharbor."
    • There is at least one new dragon, named Durnivhiir. (Though I'm pretty sure it's not spelled that way? Anyway, he's a dragon. I didn't meet him.)
    • Full sizebe83fcb772a120a9b023ed70d3a3f074.jpg
    • Soul Cairn itself is a hefty chunk of land, and feels somewhat similar to the late-stage realm you visit in the main quest of Skyrim, only much bigger. There are multiple castles and fortresses around, and things are shadowy and mysterious.
    • The plot involves an Elder Scroll. Yes! Another quest that directly involves an Elder Scroll!
    • Soul Cairn is but one of at least two large new landmasses in the game. However, the story will also play out across the Skyrim we all know and love, which is really cool. Said Howard, "You're still going to be exploring the landmass that came with the main game, and then, I want to avoid quantifying, but there are at least two very large new areas. The Soul Cairn is one of them."
    • The Vampire Lord works much like a werewolf in the main game—you can trigger the transformation with the right shoulder-button, and transform back at any time.
    • Once you're a Vampire Lord, you no longer have access to your inventory items and can only use Vampire Lord abilities. The camera goes to third-person, as well, just like when you're a werewolf.
    • Full sizedb940531c2a2687db73daee8ca5c8f29.jpg
    • The Vampire Lord's abilities include Raise Dead, a spell that presumably raises dead enemies and has them fight for you, Summon Gargoyle, which (duh!) summons a gargoyle to fight alongside you, Vampiric Grip, which lets you grab and throw enemies, Vampire's sight, which is basically night-vision, and the best one…
    • BATS. Maybe I've mentioned that you can blast around as a cloud of bats? Because you totally can. Also, there's a second ability that lets you surround yourself with a cloud of vampire bats that damage your foes. Sort of like any other area-attack, only with bats and therefore superior in every way.
    • The Vampire Lord also has his own skill tree, which includes a number of abilities centered around regenerating health and stamina by killing and sucking blood.
    • Full size64f8b22860a3e42a1ec3b19245b05422.jpg
    • Two of the cooler-looking high-level Vampire Lord abilities include Mist Form, which lets you become intangible mist as you regenerate your health and stamina, and Supernatural Reflexes, which makes every enemy in the world move much slower than you do.
    • In terms of difficulty, Bethesda has taken high-level characters into account. Dawnguard overall as a DLC, adds things across the game for higher-level characters.
    • Dawnguard is balanced assuming you're at least level 10. 80% of players are at least level 10.
    • If you're a werewolf, becoming a Vampire Lord will cure you. You can't be both at the same time.
    • There will be lots of sidequests in Dawnguard: "There will be [sidequests] within the factions," Howard said, "for the most part, they're anscillary things, miscellaneous quests that fill out what's going on in either faction. Kind of like the way the factions worked [in the main game.]"
    • Full sizedawn2cectw.jpg
    • The sidequests won't all be tied to the main Vampires/Dawnguard storyline. "There actually a really, really good other quest in there with a really cool dungeon" that has nothing to do with Dawnguard's main storyline. Two really's! It must be good.
    • Dawnguard expands the game beyond the main quest in a lot of small ways. "There's a lot of other things in [the expansion]," Howard told me. It's easier for Bethesda to talk about the expansion in terms of the Dawnguard storyline, but the team has lots of other things they've been working on that they want to put in.

[*]I'm eager to hear more about some of the smaller stuff too. I'm a sucker for small cosmetic changes or little gameplay details (like mounted combat. It's awesome, but not a gigantic change). Maybe they have made the horses faster, and they just haven't said so yet. More customizable armor would be cool too, though I think that's something for another time. Anyway this looks pretty magical. I just started a new character, who hopefully I won't feel the urge to beef up with my Infinium and use it once like it was intended. We shall see though.

stoopid formatting :/

Edited by axel_napalm
typos n' shit