Hondo's Bar

Your favorite game of 2010

The NZA

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

gamehmy0.jpg

Feel free to write your vote in if it (somehow) isn't on the poll. I'm inclined to say RDR at the moment, but i really loved Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2, Nier, and a few others as well. again, really great year so there's some tough calls here...what about you?

Bayonetta, Hands down. I was excited for it, I played it constantly, and I played it beyond the needs of Platinum. I even still have more things to do in it, in the form of an additional player character, and an additional weapon.

Long live Bayonetta.

'What is this I don't even'

doesn't begin to indicate how perplexed i am by this statement. Just, make it all better and tell me you're kidding. I mean, Bayonetta? Really??

I went with Heavy Rain for being unique enough to broaden my horizons and short enough for me to finish.

Well, I couldn't ever stop playing Bayonetta. I'm not putting it out as game of the year or anything - the story was lacking, and the graphics on my system had to be fixed with a patch - but it's hands down my favorite. I played it to its conclusion, and then I played it on the next two hardest difficulty levels to finish Platinum, and then I got a platinum medal on each stage to unlock one extra character, and then I played that extra character most of the way through the game again. And like I said, I still haven't unlocked one weapon and a further extra character.

Bayonetta never stopped being fun to play, for me. Once I got playing down, it felt like goddamn art.

I harsh on Heavy Rain only because it strikes me as that THING that everybody says is good, and then you play it and find out it's good, so you go around to everybody you know telling them how good it is because you want people to know that you know. Meanwhile, any criticism is met with harsh "You don't get it, man"s and a complete inability to accept proffered flaws.

I never like that thing, no matter what it is. Including Veganism.

What no Battlefield Bad Company 2??? Based on time spent playing, i'd have to go with that one. Red Dead would be a close second. I'm also surprised to see RB3 didn't even make the hondos list, but I must admit, I've felt rather let down over the lack of pro guitar DLC. Black Ops shouldn't even be on a list of 'best of' unless the list is based on turds. ^_^

Mal's complaints with Heavy Rain aren't uncommon, its why it didn't receive a lotta awards. the popular ones (and rightuflly) are ginmourmous plotholes and weak voice acting, both of which marred an amazing experience for me.

chikinz - good call, ive heard good things about BC2 (havent played it) and it totally deserves a spot, lemme see if i can add it on there, assuming you've not yet voted?

Well, I couldn't ever stop playing Bayonetta. I'm not putting it out as game of the year or anything - the story was lacking, and the graphics on my system had to be fixed with a patch - but it's hands down my favorite. I played it to its conclusion, and then I played it on the next two hardest difficulty levels to finish Platinum, and then I got a platinum medal on each stage to unlock one extra character, and then I played that extra character most of the way through the game again. And like I said, I still haven't unlocked one weapon and a further extra character.

Bayonetta never stopped being fun to play, for me. Once I got playing down, it felt like goddamn art.

I harsh on Heavy Rain only because it strikes me as that THING that everybody says is good, and then you play it and find out it's good, so you go around to everybody you know telling them how good it is because you want people to know that you know. Meanwhile, any criticism is met with harsh "You don't get it, man"s and a complete inability to accept proffered flaws.

I never like that thing, no matter what it is. Including Veganism.

I'm not faulting your choice, I just honestly haven't come across anyone who liked the game so it's a shock to find someone.

BC2 was okay but lacked the core off-handed spirit of BC1. Gameplay-wise it's great though so which is why I bought it on steam as well.

I always had trouble with the orginal Resident Evil when I was younger. But now they all just look like silly lego monsters. Oh and the acting is so very very poor. For a man who has lost his daughter and is stuck in a freaky monster town, he seems pretty cool with it.

probably because it wasn't his daughter and he gets a new one at the end anyway.

Gotta agree with maldron. Bayonetta is a phenominal game and doesnt get the respect it deserves. And a 10 dollars I want to buy it up and just give it away to random strangers! Bayonetta is so good Ive barely played it! Its a weird thing with me that if I REALLY like a game I limit my play under the strange rational that I have to 'savor' it. Then I usually play lesser games to 'get them out of the way' and the games I really love fall by the wayside. Hmmmm. I also really loved RDR, but NOT enough to NOT play it.....Im strange I know.

Archived