Hondo's Bar

Happy Birthday, Stan Lee!

Panch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8zB6zm860?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8zB6zm860?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8zB6zm860?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Here's a tee for all you Stan haters...

clink_medium.png?4

If you're going to survive in the world of comics, you gotta keep your Kirby hand strong. Some times "the man" needs reminding. Bitch better have my original artwork. Bitch better remember to split profit sharing of the characters I co-created.

Yep. You gotta krackle it up and keep that Kirby Hand strong.

Also, Stan Lee interview in which he gives advice to Bono about the Spidey musical and, more importantly, reveals the Answer to Brodie's quesiton in Mallrats...

In the Kevin Smith movie Mallrats, Jason Lee asked you a question that has crossed every serious comic fan's mind at least once in his life. You dismissed it at the time, calling it a "superhero secret." Are you finally ready to answer Lee's question?

Remind me.

"Is the Thing's dork made out of orange rock like the rest of his body?"

I never gave it a thought. I guess common sense would say it was made of orange rock too, but I always thought it was more interesting to think about Reed Richards. As you know, he had the ability to stretch, and sexually, that would seem to be a great asset in many areas. But I've got to tell you a funny thing about Mallrats.

Are you changing the subject?

I am. In the movie, I gave some relationship advice to Jason Lee's character. I told him that I had a girlfriend from my past that I wasn't able to forget either. I went to the premiere of Mallrats with my lovely wife, and when we came home later that night, she had her hands on her hips and her eyes narrowed, and she said, "Who was this girl in the past that you haven't forgotten?" I told her, "Honey, that was the script. I was just reading my lines!" I have to be very careful about the roles I play in movies from now on.

Play on playa. Play on.

Excelsior!

The Thing doesn't have genitalia, that's why he's so grumpy.

I've got yer damn Stan Lee right here...

Talentless old mascot. Ditko and Kirby had more talent in their toenail clippings than glory-hog Stan Lee has ever had. Have you ever watched that Kevin Smith interview? I'm almost entirely certain that the man is legally retarded.

This all may have already been said, I just skipped to the 3rd page of this thread. :2T:

Today is Al Jaffee's 90th birthday. No point in making a thread for both people that care, so I will post it here as an act of Hondonian terrorism.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Stan Lee cancels all upcoming appearances due to "very serious circumstance"

Last night, we were informed by Stan Lee’s management that Stan would be unable to attend any upcoming appearances for the near future, including the Ohio Comic Con, as well as the “Authors Authors” Toledo-Lucas County Public Library appearance set for this Thursday, September 27th. We will let fans know more as we know more details. Refunds will be issued starting Monday for all VIP, Photo Ops and Autograph Tickets. We hope to have Stan back again soon at our New Orleans event.

Quote:

“The only information we have at this point is that Mr. Lee can’t make it Sept. 27,” she said.

Library spokesman Susan Gibney said Mr. Lee’s agent did not give a specific reason for the cancellation, other than to say it was for “a very serious circumstance.”

hopefully it turns out to be nothing...but the man is 89.