Hondo's Bar

50 Cent

Panch

This has to one of Dre's finest. Disgusting beat. 50 plays his part with one of his ridiculous hooks. But I think Banks steals the show. Nah, Dre beat wins:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieWbKXj6n0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieWbKXj6n0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ieWbKXj6n0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

50's just ridin' with everyone, huh?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLJkUs_Q0k?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLJkUs_Q0k?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLJkUs_Q0k?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

..so, we gonna talk about ya boy fif shutting down WSHH?

"I have lawyers on retainers and I have to pay them so much money anyway, so we'll go back and forth to court until (they) can't afford a Subway sandwich," he then said. "It's already too late for (them)."

damn. site was trashy as fuck (gang beatdown videos, crackhead stuff etc) but harsh if true.

50 Cent continued, "Me and @FloydMayweather don’t’ think WorldStar was [a] good representation of black people as a whole. We will present better.

...dont know how much you follow boxing, but holy shit @ the irony here.

..so, we gonna talk about ya boy fif shutting down WSHH?

damn. site was trashy as fuck (gang beatdown videos, crackhead stuff etc) but harsh if true.

...dont know how much you follow boxing, but holy shit @ the irony here.

50 does what he wants. He truly thinks he's untouchable and maybe he is. There's a lot of busters out there, but I don't know if they deserve this kinda treatment. I better watch what I say cause Hondos might be next :/

Love ya, Fif. Heh...

• 2 weeks later...

That first track is hot. Even with all that money, 50 insists on making mixtape shit. I like that. As far as that Mann joint goes... I downloaded that song weeks ago just cause it has 50 on it, but I only listen to his verse now. I'm just not feeling that Bay area shit yet (its the new candy paint and grills/Texas and Lil Jon dirty south crunk before that shit).

Right now I'm read his book From Pieces to Weight and its great.

From%20Pieces%20to%20Weight.jpg

It's cool because it takes me deeper into his music. I understand shit he's saying now from on his block. After reading a few chapters I go back a listen and I'm there with him. It's crazy.

i thought he produced for the mixtapes, though? i mean, i could be wrong, its just that G-unit collectively has a shit-ton of mixtapes, thought he had a hand in them.

Massacre had hi-tek, cool & dre, storch etc, and havoc, timbo & co on Curtis but neither of those are really good albums by me, so yeah, i guess you're right.

Power of the Dollar was the album that got so bootlegged in NY that the label (at the time, Jam Master Jay's I think) decided not to release. Then he got shot and they dropped him all together. Actually, after he got shot they gave him the run around and he left. Mixtapes is what kept this guy out there and what ultimately got him a sit down with Em and Dre. The rest is history. Power is good, but not 50 at all. Mostly produced by Trackmasters, it doesn't fit his style, in my opinion. Still, everything this dude puts out his fire to me. Speaking of, here's his brand-spankin' new one:

Notice he's been spendin' a lot of time in Cali. His talkin' shit at the end has such a California feel to it. Don't know how I feel about that.

Edited by APANCHALYPSE RETURNS

i dunno, i could go for more stuff like that mixtape (corner bodega) or old 2003 ferrari and less curtis/massacre/etc. BISD had a few tracks going in the right direction, for me. anyway:

shut your bloodclot mouth (primo beat)

Attraction (more unreleased stuff)

when it all goes down

Governor featuring 50 - wish me luck

g-unit stan @ another board posted this for next album's producers:

Alex da kid (probably bring Skylar Grey)

Cardiak (Start it up)

The Cataracs (Like a g6, wet)

Boi-1da

Swizz Beatz

Dr. Dre

Scoop Deville (I Wanna Rock)

S1 (Kanye's Power)

Surf Club's Hit-Boy and Chase N. Cashe

that's a mixed bag for me, so we'll see.

OhvWL.jpg

Fuck, I FUCKIN' love followin' 50 on Twitter! Dude is crazy. Tweets that he feels like recording. Twenty minutes later says he'll be back that he's gonna come back with some hot shit. Hour later posts this:

This shit ain't even 30 minutes old to the world! What rapper does this? Dude is my favorite for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...