Hondo's Bar

Angry Birds

Panch

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess that works for the weird countries with wacky data packages. If my wi-fi is off, it just goes to the 3-4G.

I too 3 starred Space. Working on the original now, and it sucks a dick after coming from Space. Where's my projected path line? It took some getting used too. I'm trudging my way through the 4th set of levels right now. I'm a long way from complete.

• 2 months later...

I guess that works for the weird countries with wacky data packages. If my wi-fi is off, it just goes to the 3-4G.

So you then turn off your 3G and, voilà, you're off the grid.

Well here's that Green Day crossover nobody asked for finally

I couldn't care less about Green Day if I tried, but new levels equal happy.

Edited by alive she cried

Guys, let's talk about the real story today.

Seasons updated, and they added a new bird. And she (yes, SHE!) evolves the dynamic to a whole new plateau. She is pink, a representation of her innocence and childlike fascination with the world.

nVhLT.jpg

She emits a plethora of bubble when triggered, raising any nearby object to the heavens, giving them a tiny taste of freedom, only to release them brutally on the ground below. Using her to dispatch foes is pure serendipity.

I do not know her backstory, but if her upcoming novel is anything like the previous installment, Orange Bird: The Awakening, then it will do a wonderful job of expanding the mythos. The others all explored why the birds are, indeed, quite angry. I have no doubt that the anger Yellow Bird holds in his shattered heart could melt the very poles asunder. I could never go through what he did, only to become a champion. It inspired me.

But anyway, I digress (fairly easy for me to do when I'm on this subject LOL!). The point is, Pink Bird doesn't seem angry at all. Is she repressing something? Is it just a facade designed to take the Pork Lords off guard?

Needles to to say, I'm pretty excited about the whole Pink Bird thing.

Now that's a yarn, young Panch. Come sit on Pappy's knee. Let me spin you a tale.

EDIT: after review, I've decided that the story of Blue Bird contains far too much rape to be polite in casual conversation. I do urge you all to pick up Book 3 - Cerulean Nightmare and experience the tale first hand! Available now at better bookstores everywhere

So, as you can see, those aren't 3 birds at all. Just a single bird, fracturing his very psyche into 3 separate entities. Both as an escape and a brutal manifestation of power.

His affection for destroying glass echoes his disgust at his own reflection. Truly a heart wrenching tale, and a damn good reason to be so angry.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else checked out Bad Piggies?

It reminds me of Banjo Kazzoie: Nuts and Bolts. Gameplay boils down to assembling a soapbox racer of sorts out of the parts it gives you and attempting to reach a goal and/or collect stars on the way.

It plays absolutely nothing like Angry Birds, but it's a pretty polished addictive little game.

• 3 weeks later...

Angry Birds Star Wars came out today, and it's pretty good. About half of the birds have different abilities (i.e. cooler).

It kind of goes back and forth between standard and space style gravity, and some birds get more powerful once you reach certain levels (longer lightsaber, stronger forcepush).