Hondo's Bar

I FUCKING HATE WORLD OF WARCRAFT!!!

Panch

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say we need to break our friends free from this evil.

To do that, though, we must first understand the enemy. We need to to be brave and resolute and go into that infernal game and learn its secrets.

We should form a guild, as I said earlier, and raise up a few toons to the level cap. Different races and classes to get an idea of the various strengths and weaknesses. Of course, we won't really understand the game unless we're playing the full thing, so we'll need to get the expansions like Burning Crusade and Cataclysm too.

Once we've done some raiding together and formed some in-game friendships and helped and been helped by each other, we'll have enough knowledge to pull our friends out of that addictive mess and we can leave the World of Warcraft behind forever.

Of ocurse, we'll make sure we finish off our active quests first, but, yeah, For- EV -Er.

Oh yeah, and I can't speak for anyone else but that Epic Dragonscale PvP armour set thingy... I'll have to complete that too.

Plus there's that mount you get for winning the fishing tournament.

And I'd want my leatherworking skill to be maxed out too.

Awesome idea, Jumbie! I call dibs on Blood Elf Pally. I'll heal. At least that's what I was best at...

All of you go. It's cool. Whatever. I'll stay here by myself...

And when you come crawling back... I'll take you back. I'm bigger than WoW. You'll all see.

...is the hondo's one not as exciting? that's a shame.

also, CJ might very well be a lost cause, but a quiet props to ly, axel and apparently baytor for partaking & still playing a part here with us. again, MH gets a pass from me, logans is going to have some peeved HR personnel to answer to, when i get done sorting all these volunteer applications.

I play World Of Warcraft like I play any other game, a few hours a day here and there. WOW has taken up no more of my time than Fallout: New Vegas.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually tried under the guise of taking a genuine interest in the game, the joy that Ray & Loganz both express is just overwhelming though, and you just wanna stay in there with them forever.

You're a fuckin' cock tease JZA. I'm gonna fly to Australia, take a taxi to a McDonalds for lunch, stroll through your living room once (nude) without looking or speaking to you, then fly back home.

Then I'l say "That was a shittiest vacation ever. Fuck that place."

You should have at least given me an opportunity to spend thousands and thousands of gold twinking you into some unholy murder-beast and let you loose in a battleground before you gave up. Having an unfair advantage over your fellow man can really brighten things up in an MMO.

You're a fuckin' cock tease JZA. I'm gonna fly to Australia, take a taxi to a McDonalds for lunch, stroll through your living room once (nude) without looking or speaking to you, then fly back home.

Then I'l say "That was a shittiest vacation ever. Fuck that place."

That perfectly described NZA's trip downunder. Regarding WoW though, I'm getting the feeling more and more that I just don't like MMO's, because I haven't been able to get into DCUO either...

That may just be the case. DCUO looks like Champion's Online (or, I guess, City of Heroes) to me. I really really wanted to like Champions. I had a lot of fun making some crazy characters, then I'd play 'em until I got my travel powers and completely lose interest. I lasted about 5 days.

You ever play Phantasy Star Online? That and my Dreamcast plugged into a 56k connection rocked my world back in the day. I never played PSU online cuz it required a subscription fee, but CJ says it's pretty cool.

That may just be the case. DCUO looks like Champion's Online (or, I guess, City of Heroes) to me. I really really wanted to like Champions. I had a lot of fun making some crazy characters, then I'd play 'em until I got my travel powers and completely lose interest. I lasted about 5 days.

You ever play Phantasy Star Online? That and my Dreamcast plugged into a 56k connection rocked my world back in the day. I never played PSU online cuz it required a subscription fee, but CJ says it's pretty cool.

Nope, distro of DC games in Australia was fairly lackluster, never saw PSO. Heard all the good noise about it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived