Hondo's Bar

Netflix

Netflix secures streaming deal with DreamWorks

LOS ANGELES — DreamWorks Animation, the company behind successful movie franchises like “Madagascar” and “Shrek,” said it had completed a deal to pump its films and television specials through Netflix, replacing a less lucrative pact with HBO.

The Netflix accord, which analysts estimate is worth $30 million per picture to DreamWorks over an unspecified period of years, is billed by the companies as the first time a major Hollywood supplier has chosen Web streaming over pay television.

It is also a bet by Jeffrey Katzenberg, the animation studio’s chief executive, that consumers in the near future will not distinguish between the two. “We are really starting to see a long-term road map of where the industry is headed,” Mr. Katzenberg said in an interview. “This is a game-changing deal.”

Ted Sarandos, Netflix’s chief content officer, added: “You’re seeing power moving back into the hands of content creators. When a company like DreamWorks ends a long-running pay TV deal — when a new buyer in the space steps up — that’s a really interesting landscape shift.”

The DreamWorks contract comes as Netflix is trying to navigate a dense thicket of challenges. Competition from the likes of Apple, Amazon and Vudu, a streaming service owned by Wal-Mart, is increasingly fierce; Dish Network, which plucked Blockbuster out of bankruptcy earlier this year, on Friday announced a Blockbuster-branded streaming and DVD-by-mail service.

As a “tidal wave” of Netflix competitors enter, said Michael Nathanson, a media analyst for Nomura, “in the short term it will probably be good for the price of content,” because more bidders mean that media companies can charge more for the rights to stream movies like “Avatar” and shows like “Modern Family.”

More important, “in the long term it may accelerate changes in consumer behaviors,” Mr. Nathanson said, as more people choose to watch more video online.

Access to movies and TV shows is what matters most to Netflix, and Hollywood, after helping to build up the company with generous deals, is starting to play hardball. Next February, Netflix is expected to lose the right to stream films from Walt Disney Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment, as a result of a failed renegotiation with the premium cable channel Starz.

But Netflix’s biggest challenge at the moment is self-inflicted. This summer, in an attempt to raise cash to license more streaming content, the company increased the price for its combination Internet streaming and DVD service, angering customers. On Sept. 18 it abruptly said it would split up the two services, frustrating fans of both.

About one million of its 25 million customers in the United States are believed to have dropped the service in this quarter. The company has lost half of its value — about $8 billion worth — over the last two months.

Mr. Katzenberg said he was confident about the direction Netflix was heading, calling the company’s decision to split streaming and DVD “a very tough and very strategic call that will ultimately prove to be the right one for long-term success.”

“Could it have been handled better? Absolutely,” he added. “But there are always bumps when you’re looking around a corner.”

Netflix will begin streaming DreamWorks films starting in 2013. The studio plans three releases that year: “The Croods,” a prehistoric comedy; “Turbo,” about a garden snail; and “Peabody & Sherman,” an adaptation of “Rocky and Bullwinkle” characters. Titles from the DreamWorks library, including “Kung Fu Panda” and “Antz,” will become available over time, the companies said.

The so-called pay TV window is one of the entertainment industry’s most important business tools. In the past, HBO has paid steep licensing fees of about $20 million per picture for exclusive rights a few months after films arrive on DVD. But Netflix — capitalizing on a consumer shift to streaming content on computers, tablets and Internet-connected televisions — has been making similar deals, albeit mostly with smaller suppliers.

With the DreamWorks deal, Netflix will be able to offer customers exclusive access to a pipeline of films that are reliably some of the year’s biggest box office successes. The opportunity to bolster its children’s and family offerings was another reason Netflix pursued a DreamWorks deal so aggressively. Netflix will also gain streaming rights to DreamWorks television specials.

“This is one of the few family entertainment brands that matter,” Mr. Sarandos said. “It’s also a signal to people that we are in no way moving away from movies. Our programming is just reflecting more and more what people want.”

For DreamWorks Animation, which has experienced a sharp erosion in its stock price over the last few months, the deal with Netflix comes with one major perk. HBO requires its studio partners to suspend digital sales of movies during its exclusive window, but Netflix will allow DreamWorks to keep selling digital downloads.

What does the loss of DreamWorks mean for HBO? Anything that increases the marketplace clout of Netflix is damaging, but the premium television service will most likely not miss it much. HBO’s studio partners are increasingly making animated films and HBO recently brought in Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the “Twilight” films, as a new partner. HBO notably allowed DreamWorks out of its contract two years early.

Meanwhile, Netflix keeps adding television content. Last week, Netflix announced a renewed content deal with Discovery, the owner of channels like TLC and Animal Planet, that will result in streams of old episodes of “Say Yes to the Dress,” “River Monsters” and others. What is more important, Netflix is soon going to make the source network of shows clearer; people who turn on “River Monsters” will know it is an Animal Planet show.

Signaling support for Netflix, John Weiser, president of domestic distribution for Sony Pictures Television, called it an “important player and a great customer,” and said the two companies were “actively discussing producing original programming together.”

Netflix is already spending $100 million to create a series called “House of Cards" and acquiring the American rights to overseas properties.

• 3 weeks later...

Come on now, who DOESN'T stream everything now-a-days?? And has all this paying for shit made you all forget about the lovely lost art of pirating? I know you want to support those Shaw Bros films and all but really, just download them. Better quality and subs anyways!

Either way, fuck DVD's...actually screw actual handheld media, except books! I can't read books on my ipad to save my life...it sucks. But come on, would you rather have to look through all those movies/games everytime you want to watch/play something different, or just have it all at your fingertips streamed/downloaded. Give up on your discs because one day soon they will be gone!

And in like 10 years when everything is purely digital/online only formats I can be like AA and be all "I called it!!"

When they did their price change I switched from DVD's to Streaming only. And yes there is quite a bit to be missed, but I have found that 99% of the time, if I can't stream it on netfix I can find it somewhere else and get it a lot quicker than it takes to mail out my dvd and get a new one. Plus I lost my mail back envelope at about my 3rd dvd in and haven't been arsed to mail it back. So....lol

email i got earlier today says: netflix still doing DVD's, Qwikster DOA. was this all a ploy for licensing contracts, or response to backlash, or both?

I'd say more a response to backlash. Shit was less popular than New Coke. . .

Disastrous Product Launches That Were Quickly Killed

New Coke: 77 Days

In the early 1980s, Coke was losing ground to Pepsi. So it tried to create a product that would taste more like Pepsi.

While New Coke fared OK in nationwide taste tests before launching in 1985, it turned out those were misleading.

Coke abandoned the product after a few weeks, and went back to its old formula. It also gave its product a new name: Coca-Cola Classic.

HP Touchpad: 49 Days

After just a month and a half on the market, HP gave up the TouchPad and its mobile OS, WebOS in August.

The tablet was no iPad killer, selling just 25,000 units for Best Buy over the 49 days it was on their shelves.

Where does this put the TouchPad in the pantheon of tech flops? Well, it lasted one day longer than the Microsoft Kin phones, another recent flop.

So it's not the worst flop ever.

Qwikster: 23 days

In September, Reed Hastings announced that Netflix would spin off Qwikster as a DVD rental business. This move met tons of criticism, and Hastings backtracked on his statement 23 days later.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Roughly 2 years ago, I first got Netflix for the PS3. You needed a disc, the interface was awkward and it loaded slow as shit.

I tried it on the 360, and it was vastly superior. I haven't touched the PS3 one again until tonight.

Oh, how the times have changed. The PS3 interface is clean, efficient and near instant. It doesn't have all the flash-y shit, it's like gamefaqs before they had banner ads. It's so much better it's almost a different product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Netflix buys Disney (sorta)

Starting in 2016, Netflix customers will be able to see recently released Disney movies in their Watch Instantly queue. Currently those movies are available on Liberty Media's Starz, a cable channel that competes with HBO, Showtime and Epix.

Netflix and Disney declined to discuss financial terms of the three-year deal announced Tuesday, but it appears to be valued at around $300 million a year to Disney.

Starz's deal to show Disney's movies, which dates to 1993, is due to expire in 2015. During renewal negotiations, Disney sought terms that could have resulted in an increase of about $100 million annually, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

For Disney, the income from the agreement will help offset some of the large sums it has paid in recent years for properties such as Lucasfilm Ltd., home to the "Star Wars" franchise. The deal includes Disney live-action and animated films, as well as those from Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Studios.

Netflix shares jumped 14%, or $10.65, in Tuesday trading to $86.65, indicating that most investors aren't worried about its aggressive investments in high-profile movies and TV shows for its online streaming service.

• 4 months later...

Netflix just put out another original series. Horror's not my genre really, but others here might be interested.

This, however, is right up my ally. Kevin Spacey and co. gave excellent performances. I'd be surprised if it didn't get at least nominations for the Emys & Golden Globes next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsN0Ze9Vwso&feature=share&list=PL1A8E6B8371DF3037

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Netflix adds family plan - 4 streams, $11.99

Netflix currently permits subscribers to stream two movies or TV shows simultaneously from different devices, but according to the company's top executives, that limit is about to grow. "A few members with large families run into our 2-simultaneous-stream limit," reads Netflix's quarterly letter to shareholders, written by CEO Reed Hastings and CFO David Wells. "To best serve these members, we’re shortly adding a 4-stream plan, at $11.99 in the U.S."

Also, Netflix has passed HBO in subscribers for the first time. 29.17 million Netflix, 28.7 HBO.

I've been wondering how long it will be before HBO offers its HBO Go service (the service HBO subscribers get access to for streaming their original programming, movies, comedy specials, etc) as a stand-alone service so you can pay for it separately without having to buy a cable package. Between Game of Thrones being the most pirated show on the internet (and True Blood being the 2nd most) and now this, HBO may be thinking that they should.

on the downside...

Netflix to lose a lot of movies (1,700+) to Warner Archive Instant after today

For many Netflix subscribers, tomorrow is just another day. But to serious movie fans, especially those used to plumbing Netflix’s streaming library for lesser-known classics, May 1 is the end of an era: Streamageddon. It’s the day that hundreds of titles drawn from the libraries of Warner Bros., MGM, and Universal become exclusive to Warner Archive Instant, the classic film service that officially launched earlier this month.

Complicating matters further, Netflix is currently testing a variety of new interfaces, rolling out variations on its iconic queue to small groups of users. Instead of a customizable queue, some—like me—now see a “list” which can only be sorted according to a handful of options. See the screenshot below, and don’t judge me.

Others apparently see only a list of recommended titles. To judge from this discussion thread, the only thing these new options share is that Netflix’s customers loathe them. According to Netflix spokesman Joris Evers, they’re doing “what’s called A/B testing to see which version of a particular feature/experience results in increased Netflix viewing and better retention of our members.” So if people quit the service, as many of the complainants have threatened to do, that’s a good indication they didn’t like the new look. (Update, 4:10 p.m.: Evers writes in to note that “members who see their queue changed into a list as part of the test and don’t like it can contact customer support and request to leave the test and get their old experience back.”)

Along with losing the ability to customize the order of titles, the new views also omit information like when movies expire, which means some Netflix viewers may be unaware that they’re about to lose a significant chunk of their queue (or “list” or whatever). The handy site InstantWatcher has a long list of movies that won’t be available on Netflix after tonight, but given that the clock is running down fast, we’ve narrowed it down to 12 that are especially worthy, with an emphasis on movies that are hard to find elsewhere. Pick a few and stay in tonight.

full list should be here eventually, here's what i copied elsewhere:

Universal Soldier: The Return, 1999

The World Is Not Enough, 1999

Stuart Little, 1999

WarGames, 1983

My Best Friend's Wedding, 1997

Retroactive, 1997

Two-Minute Warning, 1976

Callie & Son, 1981

Death Rides a Horse, 1968

Cruel Intentions, 1999

GoldenEye, 1995

Big Daddy, 1999

The Thirteenth Floor, 1999

Barney: Let's Play School, 1999

Goldfinger, 1964

Killer's Kiss, 1955

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, 1967

How to Stuff a Wild Bikini, 1965

The Lady Vanishes, 1938

Legends of the Fall, 1994

Dark Planet, 1997

High Voltage, 1997

Deep Impact, 1998

The Canterbury Tales, 1972

Meet Joe Black, 1998

Dancehall Queen, 1997

Mouse Hunt, 1997

The Decameron, 1971

Disco Godfather, 1979

Dr. No, 1962

For Your Eyes Only, 1981

Elvira Madigan, 1967

Force 10 from Navarone, 1978

Timelock, 1996

Tomorrow Never Dies, 1997

The Human Tornado, 1976

The Spy Who Loved Me, 1977

Prince of Darkness, 1987

The Stranger, 1946

Sleepless in Seattle, 1993

Platoon, 1986

Reality Bites, 1994

Live and Let Die, 1973

Licence to Kill, 1989

The Object of Beauty, 1991

Marat / Sade, 1967

The Mikado, 1939

Monkey Shines, 1988

The Black Stallion, 1979

Born to Win, 1971

Arabian Nights, 1974

The Brain That Wouldn't Die, 1962

Barb Wire, 1996

Blithe Spirit, 1945

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, 1948

Tales of Terror, 1962

Dr. Phibes Rises Again, 1972

Barney's Super Singing Circus, 2000

Black Sabbath, 1963

American Pimp, 2000

Ultimate Weapon, 1998

Stardust Memories, 1980

Longtime Companion, 1989

Finding Forrester, 2000

Friday Foster, 1975

Snatch, 2000

Attack of the Puppet People, 1958

Die Monster Die!, 1965

The End, 1978

The Man from Planet X, 1951

The Mouse on the Moon, 1963

Rancho Deluxe, 1975

You Only Live Twice, 1967

Barney: Come on Over to Barney's House, 2000

Bikini Beach, 1964

Deal of a Lifetime, 1999

The Collectors, 1999

Skipped Parts, 2000

Beach Party, 1963

A View to a Kill, 1985

Octopussy, 1983

Dillinger, 1973

Pajama Party, 1964

Frogs, 1972

Mysterious Mr. Wong, 1935

Caesar and Cleopatra, 1945

Electra, 1962

Europa Europa, 1990

32 Short Films About Glenn Gould, 1993

Equus, 1977

Fellini Satyricon, 1969

Joe Dirt, 2001

Casanova Brown, 1944

Belle of the Yukon, 1944

Gaily, Gaily, 1969

Gandhi, 1982

Beach Red, 1967

A Rage to Live, 1965

Iphigenia, 1977

The Hawaiians, 1970

The Happy Ending, 1969

Man of La Mancha, 1972

Man of Iron, 1981

Phaedra, 1962

The Charge of the Light Brigade, 1968

The Caretakers, 1963

The House on Chelouche Street, 1973

The Hospital, 1971

King of the Zombies, 1941

Pieces of Dreams, 1970

In Which We Serve, 1942

Taras Bulba, 1962

La Cage aux Folles, 1978

The Facts of Life, 1960

Sunday Bloody Sunday, 1971

Never on Sunday, 1960

The Landlord, 1970

The Wedding Banquet, 1993

How I Won the War, 1967

Prisoner of the Mountains, 1996

Two for the Seesaw, 1962

Topkapi, 1964

What's New Pussycat?, 1965

Cleopatra, 1963

The Drifter, 1988

Summer Rental, 1985

Wild in the Streets, 1968

Gregory's Girl, 1981

At the Earth's Core, 1976

The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat, 1974

Dunwich Horror, 1970

Bucktown, 1975

Five on the Black Hand Side, 1973

Fritz the Cat, 1972

Planet of the Vampires, 1965

Echo Park, 1986

Mars Needs Women, 1967

The Monster That Challenged the World, 1957

It! The Terror from Beyond Space, 1958

Look Back in Anger, 1959

Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine, 1965

The Thing with Two Heads, 1972

Donovan's Brain, 1953

The Beast Within, 1982

Breeders, 1986

Audrey Rose, 1977

Count Yorga, Vampire, 1970

Who'll Stop the Rain, 1978

Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th, 2000

The Hurricane, 1937

Cutter's Way, 1981

Not Another Teen Movie, 2001

A Tale of Springtime, 1990

Mademoiselle, 1966

Boxcar Bertha, 1972

J.D.'s Revenge, 1976

De Sade, 1969

Mulholland Dr., 2001

FernGully: The Last Rainforest, 1992

Kings Go Forth, 1958

The Cat's Meow, 2001

Wild Orchid, 1990

Kansas City Confidential, 1952

Top Secret!, 1984

Urban Cowboy, 1980

How to Murder Your Wife, 1965

The Big Knife, 1955

The Billion Dollar Hobo, 1977

Edge of Sanity, 1989

High Season, 1987

The Knack...and How to Get It, 1965

The Moderns, 1988

The Rocking Horse Winner, 1950

The Angel Levine, 1970

Stormy Monday, 1988

A Great Wall, 1986

Mahalia Jackson: The Power and the Glory, 1997

Spetters, 1980

The Road to Hong Kong, 1962

The Whistle Blower, 1987

Bank Shot, 1974

Eight Crazy Nights, 2002

Bob the Builder: The Big Game, 2002

Bob the Builder: Can We Fix It?, 2002

Adaptation., 2002

Bob the Builder: Bob Saves the Day!, 2002

Together, 2002

Barney: Let's Go to the Zoo, 2002

Barney's Read with Me / Dance with Me, 2002

Attack!, 1956

633 Squadron, 1964

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, 2003

The Water Babies, 1978

10 to Midnight, 1983

Otello, 1986

Pauline at the Beach, 1983

Kiss Me, Stupid, 1964

Flight of the Innocent, 1993

Bob the Builder: Building Friendships, 2003

Rage of Honor, 1987

Juggernaut, 1974

One, Two, Three, 1961

Catch the Heat, 1987

Wigstock: The Movie, 1995

Terror in a Texas Town, 1958

Intimate Power, 1989

Mosquito Squadron, 1969

Operation Amsterdam, 1959

The Sum of Us, 1994

Kipper: Pools, Parks and Picnics, 1997

The Ghoul, 1933

Squirm, 1976

Burnt Offerings, 1976

Raw Meat, 1972

Barney's Best Manners, 2003

Countryman, 1982

Romantic Comedy, 1983

The Good Wife, 1987

Border Cop, 1979

Eureka, 1983

Crime of Passion, 1957

Moon of the Wolf, 1972

Lord Love a Duck, 1966

The Bloody Judge, 1970

Odds Against Tomorrow, 1959

Scream, Blacula, Scream!, 1973

Hour of the Wolf, 1968

The Wilby Conspiracy, 1975

The Monkey Hustle, 1976

La Chamade, 1969

The Serpent's Egg, 1978

Passion of Anna, 1969

Ladybird, Ladybird, 1994

American Heart, 1992

Thomas & Friends: Best of Gordon, 2003

Jack the Giant Killer, 1962

Laws of Gravity, 1992

The Kitchen Toto, 1987

Barney: Sing & Dance with Barney, 2004

Barney: Barney's Adventure Bus, 2004

Little Monsters, 1989

Thomas & Friends: Thomas & His Friends Get Along, 2004

Chastity, 1969

Joyride, 1977

The Passionate Friends, 1949

This Happy Breed, 1944

Stardust, 1998

Roller Boogie, 1979

The Apple, 1980

Barney: Now I Know My ABCs, 2004

Bob the Builder: Bob's Favorite Adventures, 2002

Smile, 1975

Moving Target, 1988

Thomas & Friends: Thomas and the Jet Engine, 2004

Barney's Dino Dancin' Tunes, 2004

The Shanghai Cobra, 1945

The Scarlet Clue, 1945

Charlie Chan: The Jade Mask, 1945

Charlie Chan: Meeting at Midnight, 1944

The Belly of an Architect, 1987

Thomas & Friends: Steamies vs. Diesels, 2003

Charlie Chan: The Secret Service, 1944

Thunderbirds Are GO, 1966

Comic Book Confidential, 1988

Charlie Chan: The Chinese Cat, 1944

Doctor in the House, 1954

Bad Timing, 1980

Kes, 1969

Pulp, 1972

Billion Dollar Brain, 1967

The Scalphunters, 1968

Tintorera: Killer Shark, 1977

The Burning, 1981

Grave of the Vampire, 1974

Witchfinder General, 1968

Sorted, 2000

Carve Her Name with Pride, 1958

Alfie, 2004

A Town Like Alice, 1956

The Naked Truth, 1958

Daughters of Satan, 1972

Special Effects, 1984

Patty Duke: Billie, 1965

I Could Go On Singing, 1963

Robin Hood, 1991

Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann, 1982

Out Cold, 1989

The Last Man on Earth, 1964

Vincent & Theo, 1990

Garbo Talks, 1984

Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Snowy Surprise, 2004

Jinxed!, 1982

Northwest Frontier, 1959

Burn!, 1970

The Hound of the Baskervilles, 1978

Android, 1982

Thomas & Friends: Hooray for Thomas, 2005

Anna Lucasta, 1958

Jeremy, 1973

Until September, 1984

Nobody's Fool, 1986

Salt and Pepper, 1968

Crossplot, 1969

Crack House, 1989

Monster Dog, 1985

Monkey on My Back, 1957

Dempsey, 1983

Body and Soul, 1981

Attack on the Iron Coast, 1968

Beachhead, 1954

The Golden Seal, 1983

The Crook, 1971

Viva Maria!, 1965

Staying Together, 1989

Hey Babu Riba, 1987

Namu: My Best Friend, 1966

C.H.O.M.P.S., 1979

A Midsummer Night's Dream, 1968

Thomas & Friends: Thomas' Sodor Celebration, 2005

The Quiet American, 1958

Barney's Rhyme Time Rhythm, 2000

The Fast and the Furious, 1955

Calendar Girl Murders, 1984

The Mystery of Mr. Wong, 1939

Thomas & Friends: Thomas & His Friends Help Out, 1996

Thomas & Friends: Spills & Chills, 2002

Thomas & Friends: Salty's Secret, 2002

Thomas & Friends: Best of Percy, 2001

Thomas & Friends: Best of James, 2002

Thomas & Friends: Cranky Bugs, 1998

Thomas & Friends: Best of Thomas, 2001

The Manster, 1959

Thomas & Friends: Make Someone Happy, 2000

Thomas & Friends: James & the Red Balloon, 2003

Thomas & Friends: Races, Rescues & Runaways, 1999

Yongary, Monster from the Deep, 1967

Soldier's Revenge, 1984

Christopher Columbus, 1949

Patterns, 1956

Miracle Dogs, 2003

Creature, 1985

Matilda: Special Edition, 1996

The Magic Sword, 1962

Young and Innocent, 1937

The Noose Hangs High, 1948

Dance with Me, Henry, 1956

Warm Summer Rain, 1989

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie, 1987

I'll Take Sweden, 1965

Doomed to Die, 1940

The Law Rides Again, 1943

Thomas & Friends: James Learns a Lesson, 1994

Thomas & Friends: 10 Years of Thomas, 1995

I Love You, Don't Touch Me, 1998

Inserts, 1974

Without You I'm Nothing, 1990

Huckleberry Finn, 1974

Hansel and Gretel, 1987

The Emperor's New Clothes, 1987

Crucible of Horror, 1970

Barney: The Land of Make Believe, 2004

Thomas & Friends: Percy Saves the Day, 2005

Dead Cert, 1974

The House Where Evil Dwells, 1982

Dolls, 1987

The Resurrected, 1992

Barney: Let's Go to the Beach, 2005

Bob the Builder: When Bob Became a Builder, 2005

21 Hours at Munich, 1976

Simba, 1955

Once a Jolly Swagman, 1949

Konga, 1961

Everybody Wins, 1990

Barney: Can You Sing That Song?, 2005

Beggars in Ermine, 1934

Bush Christmas, 1947

He Who Must Die, 1957

Love at Stake, 1988

The Group, 1966

Warrior of the Lost World, 1985

Paper Lion, 1968

Thomas & Friends: Thomas Comes to Breakfast, 1992

Thomas & Friends: Thomas and the Really Brave Engines, 2006

Irresistible, 2006

Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey, 1993

High Anxiety, 1977

Boy of the Streets, 1937

A Canterbury Tale, 1949

Thomas & Friends: On Site with Thomas, 2006

Thomas & Friends: Percy & the Dragon, 2006

Bob the Builder: Built to Be Wild, 2001

Barney: Let's Make Music, 2006

The Boy & the Pirates, 1960

Curse of the Swamp Creature, 1966

Thomas & Friends: Sing-Along & Stories, 1994

Thomas & Friends: Thomas Gets Bumped, 1992

Fireball 500, 1966

Invisible Invaders, 1959

The Mini-Skirt Mob, 1968

Night of the Comet, 1984

Thomas & Friends: A Big Day for Thomas, 2003

Thomas & Friends: Trust Thomas, 2006

Lemon Popsicle, 1978

Thomas & Friends: Milkshake Muddle, 1992

The Ceremony, 1963

The Climax, 1967

The Retrievers, 2001

Thomas & Friends: The Special Letter, 2007

Thomas & Friends: Percy's Ghostly Trick, 2007

Doctor Blood's Coffin, 1961

The Vampire, 1957

Red Planet Mars, 1952

Neanderthal Man, 1953

Thieves Like Us, 1974

Play Dirty, 1968

Barney: Let's Go to the Fire House, 2007

The Hills Run Red, 1967

What Love Is, 2007

The Battle of El Alamein, 1969

Gun the Man Down, 1956

The Happy Hooker, 1975

10:30 P.M. Summer, 1966

A Bullet for Joey, 1955

Detective Kitty O'Day, 1944

Thomas & Friends: Carnival Capers, 2007

Mission of the Shark: The Saga of the U.S.S. Indianapolis, 1991

Thomas & Friends: James Goes Buzz Buzz, 2007

Thomas & Friends: Thomas Gets Tricked, 2007

Bob the Builder: Scrambler to the Rescue, 2007

The Food of the Gods, 1976

Solarbabies, 1986

Barney's Dino-Mite Birthday, 2007

Thomas & Friends: Thomas & the Toy Workshop, 2007

Them, 2007

Scarecrows, 1988

Thomas & Friends: Tales from the Tracks, 2006

Boy, Did I Get a Wrong Number!, 1966

Caged Fury, 1989

The Return of Count Yorga, 1971

Bob the Builder: On Site: Roads & Bridges, 2008

Barney: Celebrating Around the World, 2007

The Young Savages, 1961

Barney: Animal ABCs, 2008

Solomon and Sheba, 1959

Kings of the Sun, 1963

Amok Train, 1989

The Secret Invasion, 1964

California, 1963

The Comedy of Terrors, 1963

Eight on the Lam, 1967

Diary of a High School Bride, 1959

The First Time, 1968

Every Breath, 1994

Navajo Joe, 1966

The One That Got Away, 1957

Manchu Eagle Murder Caper Mystery, 1975

In Dangerous Company, 1988

Saintly Sinners, 1962

The Glory Guys, 1965

Five Steps to Danger, 1957

Flight from Ashiya, 1964

Huk!, 1956

Golden Needles, 1974

Harry in Your Pocket, 1973

Thomas & Friends: Mud Glorious Mud, 2007

Commander Hamilton, 1998

What Did You Do in the War, Daddy?, 1966

If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium, 1969

Grayeagle, 1977

Gun Brothers, 1956

Modern Girls, 1986

LBJ: The Early Years, 1987

In the Arms of a Killer, 1992

Lady Against the Odds, 1992

Joe Dancer: The Monkey Mission, 1981

Joe Dancer: The Big Trade, 1981

Joe Dancer: The Big Black Pill, 1981

Chilly Scenes of Winter, 1979

K-9000, 1990

A Child Is Waiting, 1963

Shout at the Devil, 1976

Bob the Builder: On Site: Houses & Playgrounds, 2008

Double Trouble, 1992

The House on Garibaldi Street, 1979

I Take These Men, 1982

Hey, I'm Alive!, 1975

Hennessy, 1975

Gun Duel in Durango, 1957

Gun Fever, 1958

Gun Street, 1961

The Best of Barney, 2008

Thomas & Friends: The Great Discovery, 2008

The Square Peg, 1958

Fireproof, 2008

Diary of a Hitman, 1991

The Boss, 1956

Shiver, 2008

Just My Luck, 1957

What Doesn't Kill You, 2008

Intimate Betrayal, 1987

Leona Helmsley: The Queen of Mean, 1990

Leave 'Em Laughing, 1981

Open Season 2, 2008

Mercy or Murder?, 1987

Louis Armstrong: Chicago Style, 1976

A Love Affair: The Eleanor and Lou Gehrig Story, 1978

Lois Gibbs and the Love Canal, 1982

Bob the Builder: Race to the Finish, 2008

Barney: Once Upon a Dino Tale, 2008

Melvin Purvis: G-Man, 1974

Made in USA, 1987

Murder by the Book, 1987

My Gun Is Quick, 1957

Noose for a Gunman, 1960

Number One With a Bullet, 1987

Quincannon: Frontier Scout, 1956

He's My Girl, 1987

Oklahoma Territory, 1960

Strictly Sexual, 2008

Miracle on Ice, 1981

Movers & Shakers, 1985

Thomas & Friends: Railway Friends, 2008

A Matter of Sex, 1984

Malta Story, 1953

Barney's Top 20 Countdown, 2009

Bob the Builder: On Site: Skyscrapers, 2009

It's a Pleasure, 1945

Thirst, 2009

The Good Witch, 2008

The King and Four Queens, 1956

Time Limit, 1957

The Magic Bow, 1946

Razortooth, 2006

Under Our Skin, 2008

The New Daughter, 2009

St. Trinian's, 2007

Isle of Missing Men, 1942

Trucker, 2008

Sugar Hill, 1974

Thomas & Friends: Hero of the Rails, 2009

Barney: Jungle Friends, 2009

Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball, 2010

]i'm sure itunes, steam etc have to deal with this every now & again, just kinda sucks while studios sort out that no one's gonna sub to a bunch of different services for each of them.