Hondo's Bar

Netflix

Warner Brothers has said they have nothing to do with Netflix dumping this and a bunch of this programing won't be on their service anyway. This is why piracy is a thing.

There's a lot of great (and hard to find) westerns, horror, and scifi movies in that list so yeah this bums me out at a little.

• 2 years later...

Netflix to actively block Proxy/DNS Users

If all of our content were globally available, there wouldn’t be a reason for members to use proxies or “unblockers” to fool our systems into thinking they’re in a different country than they’re actually in. We are making progress in licensing content across the world and, as of last week, now offer the Netflix service in 190 countries, but we have a ways to go before we can offer people the same films and TV series everywhere.

[...]

Some members use proxies or “unblockers” to access titles available outside their territory. To address this, we employ the same or similar measures other firms do. This technology continues to evolve and we are evolving with it. That means in coming weeks, those using proxies and unblockers will only be able to access the service in the country where they currently are. We are confident this change won’t impact members not using proxies.

It's not shit, just definitely pales in comparison to the US Netflix. We (Ireland/UK) have a few shows that ye don't, we also got Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul on Netflix the night after it aired in the US for the first time. But still so many shows and movies are missing.

My current workaround is PIA's VPN. Hopefully a solution will pop up soon.

• 1 month later...

Netflix is nearing a deal for Bright, a supernatural cop movie starring Will Smith

Netflix is close to securing its biggest movie deal yet with a top bid for Bright, a supernatural cop film co-starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton with Suicide Squad's David Ayer on board to direct. It would be Netflix's most ambitious project to date, with the company footing a rumored budget of between $80 and $100 million and an actor with as much star power as Smith already attached. The news was reported first today by The Hollywood Reporter.

Bright stars Smith as a human cop in a world where fantasy elements are an accepted part of society. Smith is tasked with tracking down a powerful wand and must team up with an orc (Joel Edgerton) to do so. The script is written by Max Landis, who penned the found footage superhero film Chronicle and stoner comedy American Ultra. Just days ago, The Wrap reported that Warner Bros. failed to close a deal for Bright, despite being the studio behind Ayer and Smith’s upcoming film Suicide Squad. If Netflix does close the deal, it could be a huge win for the streaming service and open the gateway for all types of mainstream Hollywood blockbusters.

One open question, however, is distribution. Netflix has run into troubles with major theater chains who have been reluctant to let the company's movies into theaters the same day they show up online. All four major chains in the US refused to screen last year's Beasts of No Nation, and did the same for the IMAX release of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Sword of Destiny. Amazon, on the contrary, has been happy to allow its films to have exclusive theatrical runs before they come to Prime Video, as it did last year with Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq. However, it's very unlikely Netflix nabbed Bright without first hammering out logistics for a theatrical release, as a Smith movie of this magnitude feels too big a project to risk a theater chain boycott.

Max Landis talks about making movies (how he would make other movies better) more than he actually makes movies. Good luck to him on this.

Yeah, your boy is a good talker, but other than Chronicle, he hasn't seen a script of his become a good movie. American Ultra had its moments, but it was ultimately disappointing. And I didn't see Victor Frankenstein, but I don't think I'm going out on a limb by skipping it due to it being poo. That being said, I still want to check out that Superman miniseries of his. Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, i know not everywhere out here has solid internet, always curious about the #'s on those still getting dvd's by mail - from what i've read though, the rights to that vs streaming media are treated differently (presumably how royalties or whatever work out, and of course some studios not being down with streaming/etc) so i can't say i think that block is holding them back

• 1 month later...

source

From September onwards, Netflix will become the exclusive US pay TV home of the latest films from Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar. And we’re excited to be bringing you new and exclusive Netflix Original movies including Mascots from the master of low-key comedy Christopher Guest (Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, A Mighty Wind) and War Machine, from acclaimed Australian director David Michod and starring Brad Pitt, in the serio-comic tale of the U.S. military adventure in Afghanistan.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a hot minute since I signed up but I think its done through the email address provided http://superchillin.net/premium.php, they basically set the account up for you. I'll dig through my old emails to see if I can remember how its all setup. Don't worry, shits legit. I've been using it for years.

Chromecast is an option and works nicely (least when we used it), we usually d/l whatever we want to binge and toss it on a 16gb flash drive, toss it in the xbox and go.