Hondo's Bar

X-Men: First Class

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russians don't make for compelling characters in my book. Rasputin only became interesting as a Mutant Martyr via the Legacy virus, and Whedon did some good stuff with him but everything since has been boring just as everything before. Ultimate Xmen applied him best as a silent, slightly tragic figure(even if the gay angle was handled kinda clumsily) but otherwise, Russians are only good as charicatures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm calling this one now as the sleeper fanboy hit of the summer. This film is getting such little hype and yet the trailers are looking better and better. The more I see of Fassbender's Magneto the more I'm like, McKellan who? Maybe it's just the fact that Fassbender's helmet is more true to the comics. Bottom line is these trailers along w/ Marvel comics ".1" initiative has gotten me back in to reading X-Men comics. Something I haven't done habitually in about a decade...

Anyway, I'm hoping if this film does well enough we get a whole series of "prequel" films ending w/ Hugh Jackman's Wolverine meeting McEvoy's Xavier; that'd be an awesome bridge between the Singer films and this one. Then I hope we get a full on reboot (a la Nolan & Bale's Batman) sometime around 2016.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq7Za1JnZg&feature=player_embedded

Saw a trailer for this when watching Thor and am genuinely getting interested. What I'm loving is that we're seeing Hank Mccoy pre-fur, and better than that it looks to go the right way about it and have him simply be that mad scientist trying shit out on himself instead of cop-out mutation.

There's gonna be a world, a fucking realm of distinction between Thor & GL. GL still looks like a monumental POS. That Trailer there's the one I saw pre-Thor which got me somewhat excited, so otherwise my forecast matches yours with the exception of GL rating somewhere below Fast & Furious 5. I'll be interested to see what the post-credit teaser for Xmen will be though...

I'm actually quite keen on the Fast Furious franchise, but if GL doesn't just fucking stink, I'll be pleasantly suprised

well, WB just plugged another $9million into the CGI on GL, so maybe that's a good sign. maybe.

and another thing i noticed in the new trailer--all of the costumes have zippers on the front of the thighs. wtf up w/ that?

i also just found out the hot chick w/ the dragonfly wings in the first class trailers is zoe kravitz, aka the daughter of lenny kravitz & lisa bonet (MILF!).

ymoviesblog-957355825-1303924779.jpg?ymrQe7EDPVANDpjn

so otherwise my forecast matches yours with the exception of GL rating somewhere below Fast & Furious 5. I'll be interested to see what the post-credit teaser for Xmen will be though...

I'm actually quite keen on the Fast Furious franchise, but if GL doesn't just fucking stink, I'll be pleasantly suprised

If you're a fan of the Fast Furious franchise, check out

Archived