Hondo's Bar

Fear Itself

The NZA

Thoughts? They're trying to forge this epic nature of it, but it feels like that old Spiderman event where the Cyttorak Crystal had eight siblings that came to earth and took on avatars and fought over ownership of the world.

But killing who they did, guess it clears up that place-getter mess.

wow i don't remember that arc, but yeah, it sounds just as silly. juxtaposing it with somewhat real life politics/events is also odder for me than usual here.

i guess losing someone is par for the course of almost every proper event, right? It was Ares last time, and kids seem to've already forgotten about him past the whole Dark era anyway. looking at it, i was kinda enjoying the current status quo; i guess you're right and we'll see it revert back to the old one, but im more interested in seeing what, you know, the writer of said character for like years now thinks about this.

I'm just gonna go ahead and spoilertag this to avoid the vagueties...

That guy

being resurrected to begin with was this completely out of the blue stroke of awesome, and retooling everyone's perception of the guy took great strides toward making him a more compelling character than his 40's counterpart/persona, but he still wasn't a lasting character in his own right IMO. From the admittedly limited stuff I've read it always felt like he was going to be

that other guy's

understudy, so I'd submit that this was all part of the plan to begin with. Don't forget too, that

You know who's

whole attitude really depends on that tragic loss. He's had his chance to (kind of) reap the fruits of his labour, but to be the unique guy that he is,

If you're still reading these spoilers you have noone to blame but yourself: Bucky

needs to die again. Preferably as tragically as possible.

logans aint read winter soldier/dont know what he talkin bout, shoo

can't disagree too much; i loved Winter Soldier, and not to make the Nightwing comparison, but a few more years with Bru writing Bucky and i really think he'dve grown into his own, he was starting to anyway, showing personality/fighting/etc differences. but no, that hadn't happened yet; he'd had a few moments like Kyle Rayner in hero quest, but honestly, saddling him with the shield & lining him up against enemies like Syn kept him in Steve's shadow, so i guess maybe you're right & he wasn't meant to stay around?

I'm just gonna go ahead and spoilertag this to avoid the vagueties...

That guy

being resurrected to begin with was this completely out of the blue stroke of awesome, and retooling everyone's perception of the guy took great strides toward making him a more compelling character than his 40's counterpart/persona, but he still wasn't a lasting character in his own right IMO. From the admittedly limited stuff I've read it always felt like he was going to be

that other guy's

understudy, so I'd submit that this was all part of the plan to begin with. Don't forget too, that

You know who's

whole attitude really depends on that tragic loss. He's had his chance to (kind of) reap the fruits of his labour, but to be the unique guy that he is,

If you're still reading these spoilers you have noone to blame but yourself: Bucky

needs to die again. Preferably as tragically as possible.

Yeah, this whole thing is just Marvel's Editorial staff's way of getting

Steve back in the costume

and Fury back as director of SHIELD in the MU before the Avengers flick hits. :/

• 3 months later...

I wont lie...this cover looks pretty fun

4e78e2f1bbc96.jpg

it almost looks like Cap is yelling at Tony in the back there:

Tony, you asshole! You gave them all these cool Asgardian Weapons to play with and you left me here alone with a 12 gauge and a .380! Fuck you, Stark!

In case you're all wondering why they all look like Tron (Massively Cool but Huge Spoiler):

Since Dark Odin gave Hammers to a whole bunch of people, Stark decided he'd to to Asgard, borrow Odin's Workshop, and fashion weapons of his own for the Avengers to use to fight the Chosen before Odin Scorch Earthes...well...the Earth. Combining Stark Tech and Asgardian Technology (plus getting Odin's Blessing) these weapons transform the Avengers who use them into The Mighty. Here's an excerpt from some site:

This promo image for the lineup of "The Mighty" is a tease for the final issue of Fear Itself, as members of the Avengers get powered up by hybrid Starktech/Asgardian weapons, and get all swagged out in neon piping. I suspect that like the Serpent's hammers, the weapons will seek out the users, perhaps based on an emotion. Hope, maybe? No, the last thing Wolverine inspires in anyone is hope. But in that case, why doesn't Cap get one? Also, interestingly (to me) by contrast to the servants of the Serpent, the majority of the heroes get bladed weapons. That's kind of a cool mean of differentiation, although I have trouble buying Ms. Marvel cutting someone in two.

so it'll be The Worthy

Marvel_the_worthy.jpg

Versus The Mighty

BeholdTheMighty-600x464.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived