Hondo's Bar

Activision takes the Axe to the Music Genre

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Link

Well, Activision finally pulled the plug on Guitar Hero. Can't say I'm too torn up about that. I mean, they did release 12 iterations of the game in the span of 5 years (and that's not counting the portable ones!!).

Then word comes down that DJ Hero 3, which was already in development, is getting the plug pulled on it too! WTF! I'm truly bummed by this news. Sure, DJ Hero and it's sequel weren't the party type games like Rockband, but they were the most fun I've had with a music game in a long time!!

Then poor True Crime gets the axe too!! And it doesn't even use an expensive peripheral! My take? Something strange is afoot in the halls of Activision.

shit. i still didnt get DJ hero 1/2 on sale yet, but it's comin'.

really is a victim of kotick's MO here, the poor first game came out during the twilight of the craze next to the awful skateboarding game, kinda barely had a chance. RB3 is also a victim here, as im told it's great at what it does and the lineup really looked like they put work in it...but like gun said, all that didnt save Harmonix. there's a lesson to be learned here, activision.

i dunno if infinity ward plays into this at all, really: sales on the genre have been in the shitter across the board, bobby was gonna do this soon enough.

Damn, 12 iterations in 5 years? Cray-zee. But it's still a popular group/famly game. You think they'll stop selling new songs for the older versiosn of the game?

Also, I'd think they'd have great potential in developing something w/ XBOX's Kinect --Air Guitar Hero. It really sells itself. :D

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater -1999

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 -2000

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X -2001

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 -2001

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 -2002

Tony Hawk's Underground -2003

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 -2004

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix -2005

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland -2005

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land -2005

Tony Hawk's Project 8 -2006

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam -2006

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground -2007

Tony Hawk's Motion -2008

Tony Hawk: Ride -2009

Tony Hawk: Shred -2010

Into the fucking ground was it? I wonder what the next series'll be

Damn, 12 iterations in 5 years? Cray-zee. But it's still a popular group/famly game. You think they'll stop selling new songs for the older versiosn of the game?

Also, I'd think they'd have great potential in developing something w/ XBOX's Kinect --Air Guitar Hero. It really sells itself. :D

no new DLC past feb.

Archived