Hondo's Bar

Iron Man 3

• 2 months later...

That's about all I have to go on, so yeah, pretty much. I am a harsh mistress.

If it's actually decent, then Gaurdians of the Galaxy is the next one with a high probability of awful. It will either be a charming cult hit smash, or it will be an unwatchable pile of shit with a goofy ass talking raccoon as horrible comic relief. No in between.

also superman 3. . .

. . . had Richard Pryor, Smallville was introduced, and semi-bizarro Superman so it goes in the "win" column.*

*Last time I saw this film I was probably 11 or 12, so I'm leaning towards my nostalgic memories rather than a more modern, cynical take on the film.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 1 month later...

Teasers for teasers! that's fuckin mean

So true.

But is that Kingsley's Mandarin cocking a gun? I was kinda hoping w/ Thor and Avengers bringing the alien and "magical" into the Marvel Movie U they'd work in his rings. Meh. No biggie as long as the script is good and he's not reduced to a cackling, bearded baddie.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Iron Man 3 will be NO Avengers. I know this with complete certainty.

I didn't say that it would be. I'm saying if the important things are in place (a good script, good direction, good performances, good chemistry among the actors, good production overall), then the suit will not ruin the movie.

I didn't say that it would be. I'm saying if the important things are in place (a good script, good direction, good performances, good chemistry among the actors, good production overall), then the suit will not ruin the movie.

That plus at least one shot of Paltrow's Ms. Potts wearing daisy dukes and sauntering away from the camera.

Whedon knows his fanbase.

But it is a terrible suit

I think maybe they know this. I haven't heard anyone really praise it. It looks universally silly, and you know they focus grouped that shit.

So maybe they're revealing the silly suit so they can have a big reveal of a badass looking Extremis suit halfway through.

Maybe.

From what I understand most of the villains that aren't Mandarin are going to be cameos (Guy Pearce stated such of his character), and the movie will involve Stark controlling all of his suits (which will of course be badass as hell), he's probably going to use several different ones throughout the movie and a larger amount of yellow v. red doesn't make it terrible. It's going to be moving so much it wont matter anyway.

6Foz6.jpg

did he come from Asgard too...

2R4lN.jpg

I see no hint of another suit up there aside from our Creamy Caramello up there. Why I'm not as disgusted with the suit as others, it is annoying they decided to spoil the shit out of it if it is indeed the final version he'll be using.