Hondo's Bar

Iron Man 3

• 2 months later...

Here it is!

That was very nice indeed. Surprised I haven't spotted this till now given I'm a Iron Man fanboy of the very worst variety.

I'm glad they chose to have Tony be kicked around a bit. The DKR parallels are justified. The glove flying onto his hand makes me very excited that this will indeed be Extremis with a smidgeon of Demon in a Bottle (they obviously couldn't do an entire movie about the latter). Given Ben Kingsleys pedigree there will be a lot of expectation on him to hit the right note with Mandarin. There's the possibility of it going too cartoony and moustache-twirling.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New TV spot w/ some new Mandarin footage.

http://youtu.be/VcZdrfDeJTo

I also unintentionally got an earful of spoilers about the film recently. You really don't want to click the spoiler there. Really.

I was watching a review on youtube of a LEGO set (Yup. I am that nerdy.) based on the film, apparently there are a few sets out already, and the sets come w/ comics that give the plot to most of the movie. The guy doing the review just nonchalantly mentions major plot spoilers in his review from the comic.

In the beach house destruction scene it's not Tony in the Iron Man suit; it's Pepper. Also, the extremis virus apparently "infects" other people and they're used as henchmen by the Guy Pearce character. The extremis LEGO mini-figs look like zombies. I'm not sure if that's what they'll be in the film, but likely so.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

How do people feel about IM3 beating the 3rd film curse? Seems to me that a lot of the third films that have suffered it were from series where the 2nd movie was a standout film, and I think the general concensus about IM2 was, whether you liked it or not, that it wasn't better than the first one. On the other hand, it looks like despite it looking great cut in 2 minute trailers, we are looking at a 2-hour plus movie with minimal cocky, witty, smirky, whimsical RDJ, or that side of him may possibly be completely absent. Can you really top previous IM films without that particular Tony Stark we all came to love?

Ah I'm sure there will be plenty of Downey cock to be thrown around. We're looking at footage where it is him vs the Mandarin. Don't forget there is third villain (Firepower) behind Pearce and Kingsley. We've seen nothing of that guy, and Iron Man's interactions/fights with him might be more of the lighthearted smarmy fare the trailers are missing. Then again, we've seen nothing of him and he could be just a throwaway villain dealt with in the first hour of the movie.