Hondo's Bar

The Epic, Awesome and Sad Meltdown of Charlie Sheen

charlie-sheen-boards-a-private-jet-with-his-2-girlfriends-and-ex-wife-brooke-mueller-pic-barcroft-41404011.jpg

I wish I was melting down like this.

Anyone in tune with celebrity current events all know what's going in the life of Charlie Sheen. The drugs, the women, THE QUOTES! While this is really nothing new with him, things are taking a turn for the awesome... or dangerous depending on where you're standing. The highest paid tv star is now without a job and all because of his antics. Trips to the Bahamas with multiple women. Drunk or high interviews. I don't wanna get all into it as I'm sure the YouTube videos, memes and pics are coming, but what do y'all think about this? Is this great entertainment? Is he ruining his career? Is his life in major trouble?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually don't think he's on drugs right now. i seriously think he might be bipolar and experiencing a manic episode. he has the classic symptoms.

He has the classic symptoms of speed user douchebaggery. Anyone who is "up" for an extended period of time has the residual asshole confidence trip for quite some time even after they stop. For some people it's permanent, although most seem to be tolerable after a few months as long as they haven't totally burnt out.

I will concede that a mind trying to adjust itself after heavy stimulant use may be indistinguishable from a manic episode, and may very well be the exact same thing. I don't know enough about psychology to comment, but I know a great deal about drugs.

Ma-Sheen up there seems like he's probably gotten past the point where his body is pure lethargy from having to relearn how to manufacture it's own energy (as opposed to getting it regularly from an outside source), and now he feels "normal" and has to show it, but he hasn't quite realized how incredibly abnormal he still is. I reckon he's been clean about 2 weeks, give or take.

Thelogan learned a lot in his "experimental" years.

it's kind of a chicken and egg argument. some people's drug use triggers mental illness and some people with mental illness use drugs to self-medicate. so i wouldn't necessarily categorize this as two separate things. most of the time, people with severe drug use are going to have mental health issues. he's more than likely co-occurring. but this is all speculation on my part of course. my point is that he needs help and the media encouraging him to go on like this when he is clearly experiencing multiple dysfunctions in his life due to his current state (whatever that may be) is just exploitative. i guess what bothers me the most is how his kids are experiencing this whole ordeal.

the funniest part was when his kids were taken away... haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa hahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! amiright?! and then when it turns out that his wife is also a recovering addict who recently relapsed? hilarious! those kids are going to have the best life EVAR!!!!

I think any child who never has to want for anything is inevitably going to grow up pretty fucked up. Rich kids are the most awful, deluded, obnoxious adults that I have ever met (not to mention that they're usually conservative because they can't relate to anyone of lesser means).

But honestly, do you think those kids are being raised by anyone except a paid professional? Their brain damaged parents and their step-goddesses are just playmates.

I support anything that gives Michael Kupperman fodder for hilarity.

the funniest part was when his kids were taken away... haaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaa hahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! amiright?! and then when it turns out that his wife is also a recovering addict who recently relapsed? hilarious! those kids are going to have the best life EVAR!!!!

This latest meltdown is just the tail end of a long and storied history of being an unapologetic drugged up scumbag for decades at this point. I honestly don't think that John Hughes realized what a prophetic statement he was making casting Sheen as a hood in Ferris Bueller. I am laughing now because this man is and has been gone for pretty much my entire childhood and all of my adult life and all I'm watching is an empty shell continue to dig a grave that was too deep to climb out of a long time ago. In the Mel Gibson thread I mentioned how Charlie Sheen's PR guy must be Satan or someone else with a ridiculous amount of influence because he's been worse off than this for years and still managed to stay at the top of the public's view of him. Those kids are better off without him or his wife as far as I'm concerned, it's not exactly like they sent them off into the woods with sharpened sticks and told them to figure shit out.

Archived