Hondo's Bar

The Epic, Awesome and Sad Meltdown of Charlie Sheen

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I uh... yeah I would say so. Though I don't think you think of yourself as a Ninja Vatican Assassin Warlock do you? Cause I think there are subtle differences, and by subtle I mean about as subtle as a brick hitting a child in the face.

I'm sure there's pools in Vegas that are betting when this guy is gonna kick the bucket, but I think Charlie endures this. I can understand why he feels the way that he does because he's been indestructible through everything his whole life. He's ultimately in charge of it all and he himself is making sure that his stock goes through the roof. And it is! It isn't people out there saying this or that. It's him! It's unfortunate that his kids have been taken away, but the one thing that I've noticed throughout this guy's life that's just as consistent as his debauchery is his devotion to his kids. Is it fair that his kids go through this? No. Will they probably get affected by all this? Yes. But do I think that Charlie eventually does the right thing? Yes, I think so.

it's a sad front that everyone is laughing at

why would you want this

I don't want this, I didn't want this back when I was a kid and I thought Charlie Sheen was pretty cool but it turned out he was a fucking mess. The thing is, my statute of limitations on feeling sorry for people goes out the window after a while. Gibson: I can forgive him for two incidents of being a dick that I think could easily be filed under "extenuating circumstances", Shia LaBeouf has a drinking problem but he doesn't seem to try and put himself in those positions, etc. But there are special cases like Andy Dick and Amy Winehouse where I just can't be arsed to feel sorry for them anymore (and as far as I know, Andy Dick's been clean for years.) Sheen's a piece of shit, has been for quite some time, and now he's just being out in the open about it. I do not feel sorry for him and if he's going to go on TV and ramble like Tony Montana because he thinks he's the fucking man then I'm going to laugh at him because it's laughable.

Should I be concerned for my mental health that I completely understand, not only, his outlook on life but his way of expressing himself as well?

I think Charlie Sheen is living the life a lot of people wish they could live on vacation or for a brief period of time if they felt they could get away with it. I know I'd love to visit that lifestyle, but I'm not sure if I could handle that much winning 24/7.

I think he sees himself as some modern day Bacchus, here to bring revelry to the lives of others (and most importantly, himself). However, the judging starts to come in when you factor in the abuse to his body via drugs and alcohol and then there's the whole, "Think about the children!" aspect so many judgmental people always rest their high horses on.

Relatively speaking, how much "damage" is Ma-Sheen really doing here? Is it anymore damaging than an upper-middle class stockbroker who's never home and his alcoholic wife that never gives any real attention to their kids? Or the deadbeat dad who leaves his wife and kids penniless? Or any number of other scenarios and situations that people get themselves in to every day. Is Charlie Sheen really that much worse than them? Why? Because he has money & fame? Ah, that's right. Those two things are the cure-all for ALL of life's problems according to the "American Dream." And there's something "WRONG!" anyone whom we perceive to not follow "The Plan" according to and as stipulated in what we've all identified as "The American Dream."

Someone brought up Andy Dick earlier, and I think he's a good foil for Sheen. The dark side of the same coin. Sheen is able to "party" and maintain his wealth, health (thus far), and career over decades of "partying." Andy Dick has not and now lives in a shed on his ex-wife's property. Yes, it's a fine line and a risky life Chalrie Sheen is leading, if it wasn't I'm sure many more people would be doing it. However, to quote the man himself--he's quite exquisitely WINNING at living the life he's chosen---and I'm not gonna hate on him for it.

haku uncharacteristically makes a few good points. :2T:

somewhat in the vein of tiger, there's a lotta people mad at charlie for doing what they'd want to do, and kinda like baytor, i don't pity those people one bit. lots of people play the game & desire the very same dream and get mad when they feel they played by the rules and it doesn't work out, because the scope of what they thought they could get was a lot higher, or that it'd feel more when they got there...so anyone who, by this twisted vision, is "cheating" (i.e. sheen might've had to pay dues in the day but he's clearly been enjoying himself more often than not) bothers people on a level a lot of us aren't happy with. Likewise, tiger got the life & a tremendous amount of tail based on what most people would be happier to assume was shit like genetics rather than hard work.

i can't stand this kind've person, personally. if you want your life to be all about hedonistic pleasure - if even for a time - you too can find parties and spend your (albeit more limited) resources on coke & hookers. it won't be on the scale sheen gets, sure, but it's not an experience denied to you based on anything past the rules you put on your own experience. you can likewise go puff up your chest & make an embarrassment of yourself, even if fewer people are going to listen or make barely-funny memes of you, if that's your desire. at best, sheen's reminding you that option's there.

...it's dude's business, i'm not going to pretend to know him cause that's the thing to do right now. but no, it's not a high horse™ to say if you have kids, you're kind've a piece of shit for doing this to both yourself and them, publicly and privately. there's analogies for neglect with any other half-ass parent, but gleefully playing with your life as their dependent will have consequences.

this entire LOL fiasco hasn't really bothered me much @ sheen himself though (granted it reminds me that i miss 2T), but honestly? any society that buys into the notion that a man can do it to death and lose his wife & kids and call that shit "winning" says a lot more about itself than the man.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="512" height="328"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf"><param'>http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf"><param name="flashvars" value="key=1c770340ee"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><embed flashvars="key=1c770340ee" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="328"></object>Jerry O'Connell Auditions for Two and a Half Men from Jerry O'Connell

Rough around the edges, a bit short, but still hilarious! My favorite lines:

Fuck the media / the truth is what they deprive you of

Y'all on that troll shit / I'm on that tiger blood

You in your little house / with your little chair

I'm making big bucks / "WHOOO!" Rick Flair

<object width="480" height="296" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">

<param name="flashvars" value="vid=13167959&autoplay=false"/>

<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>

<param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf"/>

<embed flashvars="vid=13167959&autoplay=false" width="480" height="296" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/viewer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

</object>

<br /><a href="http://www.ustream.tv/" style="padding: 2px 0px 4px; width: 400px; background: #ffffff; display: block; color: #000000; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; text-decoration: underline; text-align: center;" target="_blank">Video streaming by Ustream</a>

Archived