Hondo's Bar

Elizabeth Taylor dead at 79

Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor died Wednesday at the age of 79.

Her rep told FOX News she died in the early morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Taylor had been hospitalized for over a month at Cedars-Sinai, where she was being treated for symptoms of congestive heart failure.

Taylor announced her congestive heart failure diagnosis in 2004.

The Oscar-winning actress had been receiving friends in her hospital room, and watched the Academy Awards to celebrate her birthday last month.

Taylor first gained stardom as a child and appeared in more than 50 films. She won Oscars for her performances in "Butterfield 8" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

She was equally famous for extraordinary beauty and her stormy personal life, including eight marriages.

In later years, she was a spokeswoman for humanitarian causes, notably AIDS research. That work gained her a special Oscar in 1993.

Taylor is survived by her children, Michael and Christopher Wilding by her second marriage, Liza Todd by her third, and Maria Burton, who she adopted with Richard Burton, to whom she was twice married. She also had nine grandchildren.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/23/silver-screen-legend-elizabeth-taylor-dies-age-7/#ixzz1HQjPvibz

I saw this on my news alert like an hour ago. I just downloaded Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf last week. I think I'll watch it tonight.

So Thursday (last night) I got free advance screening passes to Win Win, so I watched Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf tonight, and it was pretty great. Great dialogue, acting, and twisted little characters.

I liked that movie. Taylor was totally upstaged by the dude from Just Shoot Me! though, whose voice has not changed in 40 years.

[2.Trade] [some Dude]: Elizabeth Taylor just died.

[2.Trade] [Me]: I bet she dropped a nice BoE blue.

[2.Trade] [some Other Dude With A Chick Name]: ur pretty fucked up

Archived