Hondo's Bar

Yakuza

bishopcruz

oh, shit...did you get 4 and just jump right in?

if you're fighting him with Seajima, good luck! dont forget you prolly have a spinning lariat or charged knee attack by holding down triangle. don't bother trying to grab him, heh.

ps yakuza 4 =

eciekauhb.gif

oh, shit...did you get 4 and just jump right in?

if you're fighting him with Seajima, good luck! dont forget you prolly have a spinning lariat or charged knee attack by holding down triangle. don't bother trying to grab him, heh.

Beat part 3 like a week ago.

He was such a cheap little bitch when all you needed was a single hit to take him out.

• 3 months later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-yakuza-unlikely-on-xbox-360

Yakuza, SEGA's long-running open world series, is unlikely to ever be ported across to Microsoft's Xbox 360.

Having started in 2005 on PlayStation 2, the games - headed up by SEGA's Toshihiro Nagoshi - have stayed on Sony hardware, with recent iterations releasing on the PS3.

That's likely to stay the case, Nagoshi recently told Eurogamer.

"At the beginning of the project we spoke to all the platform holders including Sony and Microsoft," he said, "Every platform holder was negative about this prospect, but we kept on pushing because we believed in the potential, and as we kept going one platform holder that showed interest and saw the prospects of this title was Sony."

"That's how we started working with them, and that's probably not going to change

• 1 month later...

YakuzaDeadSoulsLogo.jpg

it's comin! plus, new control scheme, cause Nagoshi already commented that he knows a western crowd needs a better layout than the demo had (thank god! wish more devs did this). this is the EU name, but even if it somehow doesn't come stateside (i really can't see this), region-free means i can still get in on this. so awesome! even if no one else gives a shit, heh.

fKysx.jpg

Nice! I really enjoyed 3, and 4 was fun for what I did play in it, but it had this horrible bug where the voices during cutscenes was so low you couldn't even hear it. I know it was subtitled, but it's still nice hearing the dialogue.

I'm glad they are at least releasing this new one in EU, though given 4 was put out here, there shouldn't be any reason they can't bring this one stateside as well. If not, just import it like you said. Speaking of imports, are there any threads going of good Jap/EU PS3 games that never made it over here that are worth importing?

morti - do you get that problem in other games? maybe something with your disc? i never ran into that, never heard of others having it either. odd...but yeah 4 was great.

there's not really an import thread because this gen's largely been kind to us, of the stuff that didn't come over:

Kenzan! - it's been called the best of the Yakuza series, and takes the cast and puts them in the samurai era, with Kiryu essentially being Miyamoto Musashi, i believe. I grabbed this one & will play it likely next year, there's a good spoiler-free guide on gamefaqs & a youtube channel that fansubs all the cutscenes.

Siren: Blood Curse New Translation - it's on PSN, but newt grabbed the asian disc with all the episodes on it, good horror game that only lost me towards the end when i got lost & hated the enemy respawns.

Aquanaut's Holiday - Looks like Endless Ocean in HD, but sadly, the asian version with english subs had a low print run, so it's hard to find for less than like $100.

Tales of Vesperia - one of the better JRPGs this gen, and with a new character & added voicework, i wanna say some quests too! too bad Namco fucking hates you and isn't bringing it over, might as well play the 360 version.

there's others like Love+ but not much more i can think of, might splinter this off into another thread later with videos. also, if you mod your 360, ive read there's some really awesome shmups we never got.

• 2 months later...

Yes, that's the rare ingredient in the gaming industry. Zombie spinoffs.

This would have been funnier if I could have thought of more.

I will always gleefully take it, though. That Yakuza trailer looks a lot like Dead Rising, what with the wielding motorcycles as weapons and all.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Yakuza 5 screens! :ohface:

Kiryu

fFQg3.jpg

Kmjv6.jpg

photo-1dausb.jpg

Haruka

nTIUr.jpg

hopJK.jpg

eCzXt.jpg

Saejima

photo-11h57it.jpg

photo-016wui3.jpg

photo-21ip7ka.jpg

Akiyama

photo-236puke.jpg

photo-13st7ej.jpg

photo-03tj7ig.jpg

Shinada

photo-24pluz8.jpg

photo-04jfuma.jpg

photo-14uk7q0.jpg

Nagoya

nagoya-photo-1zn7e1.jpg

nagoya-photo-03f7q6.jpg

Fukuoka

fukuoka-photo-1fi7da.jpg

fukuoka-photo-0go7ce.jpg

Sapporo

sapporo-photo-15c7e2.jpg

sapporo-photo-032u2q.jpg

Osaka

osaka-photo-1p6uzk.jpg

osaka-photo-0q07x3.jpg

Tokyo

tokyo-photo-1h8ufd.jpg

tokyo-photo-0xt7mm.jpg

new engine is looking so good. new characters, new areas, new systems - cannot fucking wait. if this one isn't localized, i'll cry import and read a guide like i'm finally gonna have to do with Kenzan.

more info on minigames!

Kiryu

Your goal in the Race Battle is to avoid other cars and construction areas and get to the goal first. You'll be able to customize your taxi, adding tires, turbos, wheels, body decals, and other items. While driving, you can drift and make use of special moves like "Explosive Race Heat Action" and "Secret Explosive Acceleration."

Outside of the Race Battle, you'll also be able to drive passengers to and from their destination. Famitsu shows Kiryu in conversation with his passengers.

Saejima

Saejima's Another Drama is described as "hunting survival." Equipped with a hunting gun, you'll need to use stealth to approach and catch beasts. You'll also be able to make use of traps to catch your prey.

Haruka

You'll need to help Haruka out in her live performances by playing a rhythm game. This involves tapping circle, triangle, square and X buttons as they move across a cursor. Different from the Hatsune Miku series, the cursor stays in one position. Sokuho says that it looks more like the rhythm-based games in Dream Club.

Outside of the rhythm game, you'll need to take part in hand shake meetings, where you use the d-pad to determine Haruka's reaction. You'll also take part in simple quiz programs, respond to magazine interviews, and make talk show appearances. These will contribute to Haruka's idol knowledge.

Shinada

This, of course, is played like a batting mini game. As you bat, you'll learn skills, gaining the ability to make the ball slow down for instance. Shinada will also meet his former coach and will be able to strengthen his skills even further.

http://andriasang.co..._another_drama/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

hopeful at least this one makes it stateside, but SOA's not talking yet. Yakuza localization isn't typically announced at E3 but much of the fanbase is hopeful, the concern is that this one + 5 (biggest selling one yet, reviewing high too!) could get lost in the generational shift for sony, and unlike the sonic fanbase, those of us for this series really just wanna see it happen wherever.

a PSN release for PS3 is still possible, but i don't know how that'd work for PS4. either way, sony of japan supports the crap out of this series, so i don't see it fully migrating.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...