Hondo's Bar

Transformers 3: Dark of The Moon

So, after seeing the 2nd Bayformers in the theater, I was pleased enough w/ it. It had too much more of the same busy, nearly impossible to follow fight scenes as in the first Bayformers film. However, after recently trying to watch it again on DVD, I found the film MUCH more difficult to sit through than my initial theater viewing years ago. The whole "robot heaven" and "Terminatrix" nano-bot assassin scenes were especially tough to re-watch.

So, I was kinda ready to write this franchise off. Then came the teaser trailer and I was kinda intrigued by it. Not the most original concept, but it could be cool to see where the plot goes w/ this.

But then the Super Bowl trailer came and it looked like more of the same Baysplosions. Annoying audio. Eh. A nice enough popcorn movie, but nothing to get jazzed about. Certianly not paying the extra $ for 3D.

However, from this latest trailer it looks like Bayformers 3 might actually be worth seeing in 3D. I cana ctually follow the action on screen--it makes sense! I can see Bumblebee scale the wall and save two humans and not just a giant yellow blur amidst exploading rubble.

I've read somewhere online Bay was learning to "slow down' his scenes while in post production b/c they worked better for 3D (which he shot most of the film w/ 3D cameras). Could we be in store for not only a "good" Bayformers film, but possibly the best film to use the 3D medium since Avatar?!?!? My expectations for this film have now rose from -1 to a 5 on a 10pt scale.

Two of those points are easily due tot he fact Leonard Nimoy will be voicing an Autobot.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 months later...

The thing with that topless robot FAQ (I read it before I saw the movie) is that almost all of those plot holes he mentions don't actually exist. I think he was just disappointed to find out it wasn't as monumentally retarded as the second one, then again the guy that runs that site is the tooliest of tools so I guess it's par for the course.

I haven't seen this, so it very well could be Blade Runner.

I've seen a lot of reviews that compare the movie to Michael Bay dangling his keys in front of the audience's face, as if they were babies that were easily distracted by shiny objects

That, right there, pretty much perfectly sums up how I felt about the first Transformers movie. It's patronizing.

It's also the only one I've seen, although I did play the video game adaptations of both, so I think I can say with some degree of certainty that the 2nd one is absolutely retarded.

In regards to the first one, my yardstick for adaptations is pretty much "is it as good as any other narrative form with these characters" and with the exception of maybe the first six episodes of the TV show Michael Bay's Transformers is far better than the show or the original movie. It's not even anywhere near the caliber of the comics but the day I see a comic/toy movie with Simon Furman level writing I will be shocked (I wonder if the script would ask the actors to yell the ranom bolded words.)

Just watched it and thought it fun. It showed me something I'd never seen on screen(which is always a plus) and wasn't pants on head like the second movie. Sadly Megz didn't blow a gasket like she did at the end of the second one, so swings and roundabouts.

It was definitely better than part 2, but that's not really saying much. I mean, the projector broke at the showing I went to and the time I spent staring at the blank movie screen for ten minutes while they tried to fix it was already better than part 2.

It felt like they spent more time on boring human stuff in this one than the previous two, but I admit it's been a while since I saw either of them.

There's a good movie in there somewhere. I was upset that this movie had BOTH a shuttle and a Learjet, both of which bear Autobot symbols and neither of them was Skylynx (or any other transformer for that matter).

The one thing that probably bothered me the most was

Murderbot Prime taking out Megatron and Sentinel Prime at the end. People were cheering in the theater while I had my mouth open in horror. Don't cheer for that. It was robo-snuff. I am certain there is a deleted scene where Optimus is dancing around while wearing Megatron's skin.

There's a good movie in there somewhere. I was upset that this movie had BOTH a shuttle and a Learjet, both of which bear Autobot symbols and neither of them was Skylynx (or any other transformer for that matter).

Agreed! I was so dissapointed we didn't see either of those transform. I was expecting the shuttle to either

to transform or blow up. Too bad it did the latter b/c a mid-flight shuttle transformation would've been awesome. It could've been an Autobot secret weapon Optimus was waiting to unleash. Eh.

The one thing that probably bothered me the most was

Murderbot Prime taking out Megatron and Sentinel Prime at the end. People were cheering in the theater while I had my mouth open in horror. Don't cheer for that. It was robo-snuff. I am certain there is a deleted scene where Optimus is dancing around while wearing Megatron's skin.

I know! But that didn't bother me so much as the slo-mo "blood" shots,

Lazerbeak's drooling (Drool? SRSLY?), and the shot of Megatron's spine removal. But the real disappointment for me was one simple line--when Optimus says "We'll kill them all." :blink: No! Fuck no! Optimus Prime does not say "kill" in that context. Is this a transformers movie or fucking Apocalypse Now ? I mean, I'd even be OK if he said "destroy them all" or "finish them all. But for him to say "kill them all" like that really fucked w/ my head for some reason. Not cool Michael Bay. Not cool at all. :mad:

Not to mention......

when Optimus is pleading for his life in his fight with Sentinel Prime. "No! PLEASE!!" as he clutches at Sentinel Prime. HELL. NO. Not MY Optimus Prime...

Also

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="id1=81631332" wmode="transparent" width="567" height="345" allowfullscreen="true" />

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Not to mention......

when Optimus is pleading for his life in his fight with Sentinel Prime. "No! PLEASE!!" as he clutches at Sentinel Prime. HELL. NO. Not MY Optimus Prime...

Damn. I totally blocked that from my memory. You're right, that is worse. Fucking hell.

G14EVA:transform:

this movie....

definitely not as bad as the last one, but still not good. I pretty much agree with most that's been said already. Why a movie about giant robots was the most fucking gruesome thing I've seen this summer is beyond me though.

Like it was said earlier, Optimus turning into some sorta Frank Castle/executioner at the end.... It would've been cool if it wasn't terrifying.

Also it needed more of these:

scaled.php?server=15&filename=dollhousetvseries1x11sc.jpg&res=mediummegatron11.jpg

Also the long ass fall through the leaning skyscraper provided one of the most unintentionally hilarious things in the movie. One of...

• 5 years later...

Michael Bay Says There Are 14 Transformers Movies Already Written

At CinemaCon last week, Michael Bay was asked if he was actually going to be leaving the Transformers franchise this time. He not only said that he’d like to do one more, but that there were already 14 stories ready to go in that universe.

Speaking with MTV’s Josh Horowitz, Bay answered the question about whether or not he was leaving by waffling a bit. He then said that there would be Easter eggs in The Last Knight that would connect to “different things to come.”

Bay’s most alarming response was to questions about the spinoffs planned to turn Transformers into a bona fide cinematic universe. The director said, “There are fourteen stories written. And there’s good stuff. So, I would like to do one of them, though.”

That is, to put it mildly, a lot of Transformers. It does make a little bit of sense, though. Transformers put together a writers room in order to churn out a bunch of new ideas. Presumably, they are going to pick the “best” ones to go forward and not just make, oh holy God, all fourteen. But who knows? They could all be gold! Or, at least, as good as the rest of this franchise.

Plus, at least one of them seems to be tempting Bay to stick around. Not that anyone believes he’s leaving for real anymore. Not since he goes around before every single movie saying it’s his last before jumping right back into the director’s chair.

fa6.gif

And how many of those 14, do you want to bet, will be sucking the dick of the Chinese government like the last one? That bit about the mainland will always protect hong kong almost made me walk out of the theater, it was pure, unsubtle propaganda for no reason!