Hondo's Bar

NBA Playoffs

gunsmithx

Ben has a man-crush on Rajon Rondo...if he had a cooter, I'd be done for!

But all joking aside, I do feel a bit of pride that they are going to the finals. I've never been a fan, even when I lived in Miami and I stick to my guns on not being a band-wagoner -- that's why I'm not hootin' & hollerin' over them. It'd be a lie.

We will watch the series because I have no other choice it's going to be a great matchup...

May the best team win! I'm not taking sides...

Actually, I didn't plan on watching either. My heart's not much in it. I'll be glad for Miami if they win, sure. Now the Stanley Cup? Definitely.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Finals, I'll be rooting for the Miami Heat. Why? Despite all the hate for Boston that's come from down there, (Not necessarily members of this board, just other FB friends) Miami's my number 2 city. It's my wife's hometown. And really thinking about it... the Heat had to copy Boston's recipe of teamwork to get this far. So the Heat are like a younger version of the Celtics, minus Rajon Rondo. I can't really hate on that. Lebron's antics still irk me a bit, but I know KG's antics irk non-Celts fans sometimes.

That being said.....

Let's go Heat!

Well said!

Anyway today is the day, should be a good series. There's been alot of ink wasted on how the heat guard dirk but how the fuck do the mavs guards james, wade, bosh? Also the mav's are facing their first real D all post season so Heat in 6, 2 at home, dal gets 1, heat get 1 dal gets 1, heal finish it off at home and are now only the 2nd team to not lose at home in the playoffs. I'd like heat in 5 for symmetry reasons but I think the mavs push it to 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Saving post for after tonight due to superstition... (And no, I'm not really going to talk smack. I just have fingers and toes crossed and don't want to tip the balance of Karma with a joke. (Yes I want the Stanley Cup that bad.))

Archived