Hondo's Bar

The Darkness 2

Keth

I wonder if this one is going to start off in a 20-mile-long tunnel where you load a shotgun as slowly as possible. In all seriousness, this pleases me: I've barely cracked the case on the first one ($5 at Gamestop) but what I played was fun, if a bit overdone (then again it's based on something Garth Ennis created for Image, so...)

You have to be fucking with me. Awful, awful game. Poor level design, buggy as fuck, what is it you people were getting out of this thing? And that they're making a sequel?

Then again, Kane & Lynch got a sequel.

it was repetitive, sure, but wasnt this early for a 360 title or am i remembering it wrong?

i didnt meet many bugs, the level i recall going on forever (cause i was crazy lost) was hell, the 2nd trip. fun concept, awful map.

Eh. The only innovation it showed is the minion control thing, and even that just wasn't really my thing even when they expanded the concept out to a full game like Overlord. Otherwise the thing played like a shitty version of Prey(which preceded it). I wanted to like it for a darker comic adaption and tried to forgive a lot, but it just kept disappointing me. Two thumbs down.

two thumbs up, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and jay's opinion doesn't count cause he's Australian, hell they didn't even get the latest MK!

That said the first one had a lot of charm even with it's flaws and I thought it was rather fun(loved the darkness comics which makes me biased I admit). That said I hope this is better and not just some cheap cash in.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So... just finished this one. It was pretty darn short, but it was damn fun. the story isn't nearly as powerful as the first, but it is still enjoyable and leaves it open nicely for a part 3. The new cel shading takes some getting used to, at least for me cause I loved the art style of the first one. This one definitely goes for a more comic-booky feel, which isn't a bad thing in the end. Gameplay this time around is much better than part 1 (I can aim!) You feel like a badass from the first moments of the game and with the quad wielding aspect shit just gets crazier and never slows down. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet so I'll probably get on that later.

Archived