Hondo's Bar

Marvel vs. DC

Iambaytor

Man-Thing can do that regrowing a body thing, he just isn't as omnipotent about it. Still yeah, I kinda got the impression it was a lost cause. And it would really only be if Man-Thing could somehow fuck him up menally which isn't outside the realm of possibility, but still unlikely.

To answer your question Jax, Slapstick would fight Ambush Bug, though who would win, how, or if either of them could even do anything to the other is the question.

Ra’s al Ghul vs. Dr. Doom (Victor Von Doom)

Ra's is an extremely skilled fighter, Doom is a very powerful sorcerer. He also can apparently survive being devoured by giant sharks several million years ago and rebuild his body in another dimension just out of anger. So lets just discard Millar's idiotic story and go with how Dr. Doom normally is, does Ra's stand a chance or am I just overestimating how kick-ass Doom is?

Parallax (Hal Jordan) vs. Dark Phoenix (Jean Gray)

Phoenix tried to destroy the universe, Parallax tried to destroy exisistence. Both have horrendous power levels and were enough to cause company crossovers in the day. I think Phoenix is one of the more over-rated cosmic badass in comics but I know a lot of people who feel the same way about Parallax. So discuss.

Doomsday vs. The Incredible Hulk (Bruce Banner)

I considered using The Juggernaut for this and I think that that fight has merit, but Doomsday and Hulk I think are more easily comparable. First of all they both inexplicably wear pants, secondly they both grow exponentially stronger (Doomsday from dying and Hulk from getting more and more pissed off), and third neither one seems to be able to stay dead. Of course this also comes into which version of the Hulk we're talking about, obviously Joe Fixit would get his ass handed to him, dumb Hulk could win, Proffessor Hulk is just a stupid idea, and The Green Scar is pretty much fucking unstoppable. (Also: Fuck Red Hulk) Neither one is going to be keen on stopping pretty much ever so I guess it just comes down to whoever takes out who first.

Lobo vs. Deadpool (Wade Wilson)

This is a fight I would sincerely like to see. Of course in the past, even Deadpool was annoyed by Lobo...er "Dirty Wulf." And who could blame him? Deadpool would most likely try and kill him just to stop him from talking any longer and unlike Wolverine, his healing factor is well within the parameters of Lobo so there wouldn't be any "Charles" paying him back for throwing a fight later. My money's on Deadpool if only because I hate Lobo more than I hate most things.

• Upvote 1

Ra's is dead clever, but Doom has fooled the best of them. can't seem him losing here.

Parallax vs Dark Phoenix...fuck, tough call. Parallax was handled once by Kyle Rayner (granted, Hal kinda let it happen...but then, Phoenix only died cause she let :wolvy: happen). i didnt read all of Final night or whatever it was, was no one in the JLA/DC cosmic able to touch him? Phoenix is off the charts, just wondering if evil Hal could box at her weight class.

Doomsday vs Hulk would also be awesome to see, but in the end, Supes beat Doomsday. Hulk (post-nearly infinite strength via madder/stronger) beat Onslaught into Jelly when Thor & the combined might of the Avengers/X-Men/FF couldn't make a dent. Planet Hulk kinda showed his upper tier of power isn't often even touched, so i dunno how this'd pan out on a long enough time span where Doomsday is immune to being punched/kicked/throw into the sun to death or whatever, but if this is measured in the space of 1 round, i think Hulk wins.

god, i wanna say I hate Lobo more than you (his ennis-assraping was a crossover highlight), but we're still talking about a guy who gives Superman a run for his money. much as i prefer Deadpool, he's gonna show up with a badass healing factor and bazookas and stuff and still get torn to bits by a lameass main man going on about some bastich bullshit.

good fights here. i could be wrong on most of these.

Deadpool would take a beating and likely get his ass smeared all over the multiverse, but I still think he'd figure out a way to permanantly take out Lobo well before Lobo would take out him. Because, unlike Lobo, Deadpool is smart enough to figure out that just blowing him up isn't working. I'm sure his plan would be more elaborate than Tommy Monaghan's and undoubtedly more non-sequitar but lets face it Lobo would just keep shooting him in the head and riding off on his bike to go be a douche somewhere else but Deadpool would keep trying new shit till he got it right. He's fucking weird, but the man isn't stupid.

Well, Wiki lists Etrigan...blahblah...he feels pain as pleasure.

I did not know this, quite cool. Granted, almost all of my Etrigan knowledge comes from his many and various Vertigo cameos.

Lobo Vs Deadpool - Knee jerk reaction, not the same league. I'm assuming this isn't asexual Lobo, cuz that shit really isn't fair for much anyone. Healing factor wise, Lobo can come back from being a puddle in a matter of seconds. But part of Deadpool's schtick is that he CAN'T die, right? I think Lobo is at least technically mortal (he's just banned from hell). I guess Deadpool gets it eventually out of sheer tenacity? That doesn't sit right with me.

Lobo's gone toe-to-toe with Superman, knocked people into orbit and casually strolled out of a nuclear explosion. I don't think he's as fast as Supes, but he still has high level superhuman speed. I think he should go up against a heavy hitter, but I'll be damned if I can think of a good one. :sad:

Wizard pitted him against Juggernaut back in the day, the knee-jerk reaction is "bullshit" but if you look at the history of the character Juggernaut is pretty much the fucking man. He tangled with D'spair once and got all the flesh stripped off his bones and that didn't stop him, which is worth some badass points right there. Plus there was a story back in the day where he was given the full power of Cyttorak and was capable of punching holes in the fabric of reality. Also he held his own against Hyperion recently in Thunderbolts. Wizard had him winning basically since he just couldn't be stopped and he was going to keep pounding on bloody bone fragments until they stopped regenerating into King Diamond frontmen.

Luckily, they had a Green Lantern for events just like these. It's basically Godzilla Swamp-Thing wrecking shit and the Lantern doesn't want to hurt him because he's made out of people. I don't remember how it ends, but it was a cool story.

Medphyll was the name of the Lantern. That's been bugging me. Excellent casting choice for the film as well.

.GREEN-LANTERN-carrot_top-2-MEDPHYLL-LEEE777.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Black Adam Black-Adam.png?t=1252503071 vs. John Bates (Kid Miracleman) 2rnedso.jpg

Toughy man. I don't really know how either one would come out on top, although it would be the first time Bates ever really faced someone on his level (Miracleman is just a joke, and the Warpsmiths saved his ass. Bates wasn't even breaking a sweat and MM was about ready to keel over). Adam's resistance to injury is basically Superman style tough skin, whereas Bates relies on a force field. That may give Bates the edge in the long run. Although if Adam were injured, I doubt he would be injured for very long.

This is the kind of fight that goes on for ages and causes accidental collateral genocides. At the end of the day, I think I'm gonna have to go with Black Adam. Mainly because Bates has proven that, although powerful, he's also over confident and he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. Adam also has experience on his side, and he's definitely got the tenacity. I don't know if the whole "spent 5,000 years nonstop flying across the universe to get back to earth" thing is still canon or not anymore, but...wow.

So I just found out that Marvel only acquired the PRE- Warrior Marvelman, which explains why they've only been reprinting that unreadable dogshit. I thought they were just sitting on it, but no. The Warrior/Eclipse/Miracleman/Moore rights are still up in limbo. So Marvel owns no Marvelman stories that will ever be remotely readable.

So to qualify to battle here, my last fight would really be Black Adam vs. earth260.jpg . Same results, only quicker and more gruesome.

From an arcane breadcrumb of links, fuck if I know. What I've been able to gather, is that McFarlane still owns the assets of Eclipse and that case still hasn't come to a conclusion. Marvel bought the rights from the creator, but Eclipse had originally used the character without his permission and then retroactively paid him royalties years later.

So it kind of created 2 different Marvelman/Miraclemans. Marvel bought the rights to the original character, everything he had to sell. They can do whatever they want with the character, but if they touch the Eclipse stuff they have to pay McFarlane and a bunch of other people,and probably get 'em to sign something. So it's really still up in Limbo until someone can ease off. McFarlane still thinks he has a legal claim to the character. Moore has stated that he'll donate a substantial portion of any royalties to the original creator and his family. It has Gaiman's blessing.

So, as of right now, they have no plans of releasing the Alan Moore run.

WORKS FOR ME, SUCKAS!

you're a goddamn monster, and i bootleg comics in your name

i think people throw around the word "hypocrite" without ever really thinking about its meaning half the time, but...god, Mcfarlane really does fit the bill.

1) leave evil corporate marvel for them shitting on creator's rights (as well as other factors)

2) help fellow artists create Image, talk about respecting creator rights

3) make a runaway hit book, even if it rips off a few other characters (it was fun though, i wont lie)

4) get Miller, Gaiman etc to help me on arc 2 cause im already kinda outta gas

5) dont pay them royalties

6) (...) < something something miracleman

7) PROFIT

• 2 months later...

Prince of Orphans is a public domain character that's appeared in Secret Avengers along with other public domain Captain America-alike John Steele.

Apparently he's actually Amazing Man which I guess is just Marvel's way of putting a stamp on a character that everyone owns and probably to distinguish him from the version of the same character in Project Superpowers over at that one shitty company that bought The Boys Dynamite.

He's not technically a Marvel character but I'll allow it seeing as I'm about to break that mould as well:

Sam & Max vs. Milk and Cheese

Hellboy vs. Savage Dragon

Marv (Sin City) vs. The Goon

The Tick vs. Megaton Man

I'll give my votes on those later, now just talk amongst yourselves.

Trying to follow the objective rules I've set for myself and not pick favorites:

Sam & Max vs. Milk and Cheese - Max has no doubt murdered somebody while laughing maniacally, but Sam is the voice of reason here. He keeps him in check, to an extent. If Max bit off someone's face, they probably deserved it. A certain sense of morality prevails with them (they are, after all, freelance law enforcement).

Milk & Cheese have no such boundaries. I have no doubt that they will not hesitate to cross any lines necessary.

Milk, Cheese & Max all seem to have the ability to conjure weapons out of thin air (no pockets...). S&M get the advantage of classically having guns, but I doubt their effectiveness here.

The fight goes to Milk & Cheese, and it would probably be gruesome.

Hellboy vs. Savage Dragon - So Savage Dragon basically has super strength, invulnurability/healing and a killer aim. I don't remember Hellboy demonstrating super strength, but he definitely has endurance to match and a pretty nasty arsenal most of the time, not to mention the stone hand. Long and nasty, but I think Hellboy comes out on top at the end of the day.

Marv (Sin City) vs. The Goon - Kinda tough. They're both badasses, no doubt, but both very human (I haven't read all of Goon, correct me if I'm wrong). Marv has shown that he's resourceful , intelligent and very hardy. The Goon has exhibited the same things, but he's gone up against much greater odds than Marv ever did (despite that Marv seems to have a limited resistance to electricity :P). Just based on what I've seen them do, I have to give it to Goon.

The Tick vs. Megaton Man - Basically the same damn character (and they're both ripoff's of The Cockroach). Megaton Man is strong and his goggles give him some Superman vision abilities. The Tick has the strength and is quite possibly immortal. They're both fantastically stupid, The Tick being the stupider of the two (possibly retarded).

Thing is, The Tick has a Hulk like Deus Ex ability where he gets stronger the more dramatic the situation is, and I have no doubt that their fight would be very dramatic.

So this one goes to The Tick, who will probably kill Megaton Man by accident.

Edited by Thelogan

• 10 months later...

i loved this thread.

since im lazy, did we ever do Taskmaster vs Deathstroke? i think that one'd be awesome, but i don't know enough about either. ive seen Deathstroke handle the JLA all by himself, but he's also meta-human, where what i recall of Taskmaster just has him as a tactical badass.

Spidermanthrow.jpg

2279314-GiantManKO.jpg

I thought meta meant superpowers. Being able to copy one's movements sounds like a superpower to me. For example, dude doesn't have to take a karate class for years to become an expert. He just has to watch one Bruce Lee movie and he's done. Echo has this power, too.

I would personally consider photographic reflexes a superhuman ability.

Is Taskmaster a mutant? His origin (as I recall from the handbook of the Marvel Universe from the 80s) was that he realized as a kid he could duplicate complicated rope tricks on TV. No meteorites or radioactive goo, just an innate ability.

Its entirely possible this has since been elaborated on/retconned.