Hondo's Bar

Cafe Racers

Jables

So were you the winning bidder @ $1600 or wha'?

I don't think I'd shown you guys this one, it's another I was considering in pretty good nick. Sadly the original bike was snapped up for a song as well. The good news is, if I get this job(will know tomorrow) I found out I can get something like this off of one monthly bonus. That particular bike I don't like the style of, but it's newer meaning there's less concern with things like chassis rust, engine cracks and any other serious structural worries(no expert, just figuring these would be key concerns for older bikes). Switching out the seat, tank, putting radial guages into the headlight or tank shouldn't be too difficult of undertakings... Having said that, I could get a Love project, and there's something of a novelty to that. Just gotta look into how much effort it takes to get something like that roadworthy.

"reserve not met". He hasn't answered my communications, so I'm assuming he worked out a deal with someone else.

I don't care for that second one. 70,000km (like 40k someodd miles) on a '99? I mean, it's not bad, by car standards it would be excellent, but when you're looking at bikes 4 times that old with like 25% of the miles and 2/3rds of the price...fuck that noise.

Motorcycles were only cool before they sold out and went all mainstream. I like 1979. You've probably never heard of it.

Archived