Hondo's Bar

X-men Schism & Regensis

The NZA

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclops has really become more of the "by any means necessary" guy since Decimation. I'm out of the loop on what's been going on post-Second Coming, but I can't imagine a handful of mutant births is going to make him change his tune that quickly.

And there's this

1292350796912.jpg

Hmm, so it's more like:

Wolvie = will kill for a cause but mostly semi-Xavier-ish (for now)

Cyk = fuck the peaceful shit all together, let's go Magneto on 'em

Maaan, I have so much X-Men to catch up on... this is going to be so much harder than catching up on Ultimate Marvel and Thor.

Word. I'm in the process of catching up on the Bat-titles. I just got a torrent of all the X-titles. And now looking at the sheer number of all those issues, I don't even know if I want to bother w/ them. I've been going off posts here and wiki' for this long. :/

haku, post back if any bat-titles are good.

JZA - seeing as how a number of us dropped when things got vampy, i really do expect a catch-up page (at the least) to schism # 1, but i'm gonna try to check out this month's Uncanny/etc to see how far along shit is, before they go rebooting the book.

Here's an indication: Collossus makes a deal with whatever demon/entity governs the Cyttorak Gem to gain it's power so he can take Juggerthor. Inexplicably he gains the stupid headpiece in the process. Like so.

UNCANNY_XMEN_543_01.jpg

Much like with World War Hulk, this event's side-bars are far more interesting than the core junk: standouts so far are Deadpool (Written by Dr. Mcninja's Chris Hastings), Thunderbolts (they're handling this much better than they did Shadowland), and Frightful Four (any book with Man-Thing, She-Hulk, Frankenstein, and Howard the Duck can't be all bad can it?)

I think it's adorable that they still find things for Howard to do with super folk. Does he have a pistol that launches hellfire or Iron Duck armor or something? Quack-Fu and a overwhelming trans species sex appeal only gets you so far.

I guess when you have 3 heavy hitters around you at all times you can get away with being a mascot. I approve.

Though he had guns in Marvel Zombies uh.... 6 I think it was? (Worth checking out if you haven't already for Howard/Machine Man shenanigans) His big hook in this particular story is that he's about the only thing that can get through to Man-Thing who's rampaging about a fear-stricken New York wrecking shit up. But shit he's still more useful than Cypher and Rick Jones and those guys enjoyed some pretty heavy tenure for years.

Oh shit, I like that someone thought of the effect all that fear would have on poor Man-Thing. I may need to read this event now.

You've gotta admit though, Cypher and Jones only got by/remained recurring characters because they had similar relationships with incredibly powerful beings.

Did he actually have the power at any point though or are we just talking about him swapping mass occupancy with Genis?

ANd that transformation list is incomplete without Doomsday Jimmy Olsen. The big question is, could he beat Batman in a fight?

we got way the fuck o/t here

Jimmy Olsen gets new super powers like Panch gets STD's. But, like his welfare checks, they're quickly gone and he never does anything productive with them.

I had somehow completely forgotten that Rick Jones was (kind of) Mar-vell. It was more like he shared physical space in the universe with him. Almost identical to the Olsen/Supes relationship, really, only more literal.

"ZOMG, trouble! I better slap my wrist bands together/push a button on my watch and take a nap! Post-haste!"

Forgetting he was A-bomb (ugh) is forgivable, since I've only read maybe 3 Hulk issues since Planet Hulk.

Anyone else remember that issue of What If..? that had like 3 alternate Hulk stories? One was Rick Jones Hulk. The story should have just been called "What If The Hulk Had A Slightly Different Hairstyle?"

I see what you're saying, and the thought crossed my mind. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Billy Batson becomes Captain Marvel, no? Same with the Miracleman family. The new body may be mentally sharper and what not, but they're still in control of it.

With Mar-Vell it was a lot more like Firestorm. There were two people, and when one was in control the other one sat back and chilled in the negative zone. Jones didn't just get Mar-Vell's body to do as he pleased with, Mar-vell was his own person and he did whatever he wanted.

What the hell are we even talking about, anyway?

So yeah, I'm gonna read some X-Men and Frightful Four.

you read the second coming trilogy? You're good then.

I gotta compile Peter David's entire Captain Marvel run across the few volumes before I say it never happened(because part of what I love about Peter david on these sorta books is- it could), but I wanna see the story where Rick looks on helplessly as Genis nails Marlo.

• 1 month later...

Archived