Hondo's Bar

X-men Schism & Regensis

The NZA

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, if in fact you haven't read it.

I think the Lockheed/Kitty bond is still legit, the reveal was that he has other shit going on besides being her little puppy dog. It would be cool if he was elaborated on more, but I'll be honest: maybe he has been. My X reading has been sporadic at best the last couple of years.

Re-posting image for easier speculation:

5fnn9u.jpg

Wolvie team: I was puzzled about the first guy, but once I noticed the aura thing around the head I instantly thought Quire. That would be awesome.

Flying chick, I have no idea. Polaris?

Well that'd really only ideally be Madrox himself. He certainly doesn't fit into any of the other remaining sillouettes. Memory doesn't really serve cause I've not read a lot of old X factor but Alex being on-team doesn't look to be a cat among the pidgeons does it? Other than being a lightning rod for conflict with Cyclops' team if David's having a slow month or a tie-in.

Edit- and hey shit, WOlvie's team has Toad! I'll be damned... I didn't think he'd been culturally relevant since Ray Park.

It better be Madrox, because if it's Longshot...that's bad news. At least if Madrox dies you know it ain't lasting too long. He's probably one of the easiest characters to bring back to life "Oh yeah, I sent a duplicate to the himalayas a decade back to learn shoalin kung fu. Forgot about that."

The thing about killing off Longshot though, he kind of has to WANT to die, right? And somehow consciously override his probability field? I'm not really sure it works like that, but it's a hazy fuckin' power.

You know what might happen? Father John Madrox becomes the new prime. Gives value back to the rarity of Bishop's M tattoo/ anyone of that timeline, shock factor of well and truly killing prime even momentarily, and shakes up the status quo for a minute. The question'd be how long would it take Terry to put two and two together and think to go check in on him.

well, i was right on Bobby and Hank (though Hank was a given). This is what the teams look like now:

4e662ef010e73.jpg

so we know Psyloch is on two teams (X-Force and Jubilee's Merry Band of X's), and I'm guessing that's either Domino or X-23 to Betsy's Left. The interesting stuff comes on this panel:

4e67746c94f64.jpg

for you X-Factor guys, there is either a 3-headed person in front of Strong Guy, or that's THREE silhouettes there. One to the far right has a hood, the one on the far left looks to be Maddrox.

Now, for Nick to owe me more money, Hope could pull a Betsy, that's her flying up behind Wolvie :)

gotta say, Wolvie's team doesn't look too shabby, though Scott's Team is obviously the most powerful grouping of Muties on the screen.

Dunno. I get the impression Wolvie isn't so much recruiting as offering a place for anyone who disagrees with the (actual) X-Men.

Y'know...if that's Rachael flying back there he has 3 omegas. Doesn't really look like a costume I'm familiar with though, maybe Firestar?

If it is Rachael...poor fuckin' Cyclops. Your brother and your daughter taking sides against you. If Corsair, Cable, Vulcan and Jean suddenly show up and back Wolvie, Scott's just gonna kill himself (haha, like Emma would let him. He probably wouldn't even notice).

ahahaha, Bobby's an omega like the blob is. ya'll need to give up on that loose plotline, he's always been lame and no writer's fucked with him forever now for a reason. he'd have way more impact dying and staying dead.

Now, for Nick to owe me more money, Hope could pull a Betsy, that's her flying up behind Wolvie :)

i see it, you see it, shit's not official yet so keep your hand out my pocket

That ain't Hope, they're fucking with you. I'm convinced it's Firestar. What's your bet anyway? I thought it was that she was the Phoenix or somethin'?

NZA! Enough of your foolish disregard of Iceman! One a' these days he's going to do something awesome and I'll be all "I told you so! nyehnyahnyah!"

And actually, Blob at his peak can potentially aww fuck I can't even fake it...

avrn7p.gif

don't get me wrong, he too looked cool in AOA, and his ice-boulder-on-your-head attack in X-Men: Children of the Atom was halfway broken, and i loved it.

its just...i mean, cleremont in the day, grant on the return, so many good writers looked at bobby and said "pass", basically. bendis had fun in USM, but i just can't see him as anything but waiting to be the next funeral, for years now. i forget who said it, but a big part of the x-men are cool looking characters who seem interesting as a team, but very few of them would you ever read even a mini-series about. that said, morrison got me all interested in Xorn, so i guess anything's possible?

Just look at that shit up there! That's not even part of his mutant ability, he just knows how to juggle. He's not even looking. It's impressive is all I'm sayin'.

Also, serious question, have you ever tried to eat 3 chocolate chip icecream bars in a row? It's inhuman. It hurts your teeth, your body rejects the sweetness after two. Well, who can do such a thing? I'll tell ya who.

3486rex.png

4h5grr.jpg

kj;fhdghlasdSeriously? THAT FUCKING WORKS?!?

NO! No it doesn't fucking work, unless you're an omega level mutant or Bindy.

25zjbcw.jpg

WHAT! Superman coming to the cave? No problem. I have half a dozen ways to kick the shot out of him. Iceman coming to the cave? OH SHIT WE ARE FUCKING FUCKED!

The issue ended with Iceman making Batman watch while he fucked Vicki Vale, then he bent back one or Robin's pinkies until it hurt really bad, then he made Batman say "I am your bitch". Then, of course, he laughed dead hard right in their faces and slid away.

damn it, i maxed my quota!

Also, Nick, the funny thing is my two favorite X-Men were always Bobby and Warren...go fig.

that being said, things are finally done:

4e68c54927776.jpg

guess I was right about domino....

They still haven't revealed Wolvies side yet...

...c'mon Phoenix...

and we now have the full rosters:

4e6a221576c0b.jpg

ok...who the hell is that back there in Logan's group? Is it that little black girl that started the schism in the first place? THAT WOULDN'T MAKE ANY BLOODY SENSE!

The rest of you can relax: Jaime's right there, and so is Polaris. This should be an interesting read.

It kinda makes sense. She represents exactly what Wolvie is against, Cyclops basically turned her into a murderer. Wolverine has been very vocal about avoiding people having that on their conscience since the first issue of X-Force (probably before, I just recently re-read it and he spends half the goddamn issue talking about it).

Apparently she agrees, and it looks like she's dressed as a student.

So her and Rachael in Legacy are pretty much the only surprises for me.

Woo, Shatterstar's on Logan's team. (Yes, I like Shatterstar, shut up. In retrospect all of my favorite X-Men characters are the ones that aren't mutants: Juggernaut, Deadpool, Shatterstar, hell technically Wolverine and Nightcrawler)

And is Psylocke just a double agent or what?

Wolverine and Nightcrawler

Oh HELL naw, we are not acknowledging that Loeb shit. Wolverine must have an active X-gene or he wouldn't have been picked up on cerebro, and someone would have pointed it out a long time ago. "Hey brah, turns out you're a species of dog that evolved ape like characteristics. Oh, same for everyone else with body hair or pointy claws."

It's retarded. I'm shocked it hasn't been quietly retconned out of existence yet. If anything, lupines are just a type of mutant.

The Austen nonsense is almost as bad, but at least we've had it confirmed that Nightcrawler has no demonic heritage. Daddy just looked like a demon.

And is Psylocke just a double agent or what?

Y'know, why we're on it, the entire pure X-Men team on Scott's side is fishy.

Storm has vocally opposed Scott's methods more than once.

Jubilee was basically Wolverine's Robin.

Warpath and Domino from the X-Force days.

It's like the entire team is just full of spies.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived