Hondo's Bar

Luther

right, then, all caught up with the Sin Eater arc (just finished ep 3)

few cmon son moments for me:

1) hawkish guy going to talk to Luther's new chick was well out of line, and black detective chick should've pumped the brakes before then...there was nothing to gain from the investigation there, just pettiness

2) how didn't the chief see putting that victim in front of a mic like that would result in that very scenario? he was asking a victim/complete stranger some shit people go on Oprah to do for a lot more money, and even then it's asking quite a bit

as soon as DS Ripley took that walk the writing was on the wall, especially with all the seeds planted this very ep: Luther buddying up with him (after his show of loyalty), talking about him moving up in ranks etc. still tragic, i still held out hope it woudlnt go that way but yeah

if new chick bites it too, hawkish guy will have a point: pretty much anyone who's not the cute/psycho redhead or luther's boss bites it...kinda hoping it doesn't go that way, or we'll close out season 3 with the man having a worse survival rate of friends/lovers than wolverine & costantine combined

can't wait for tuesday night/weds morning when i can DL the finale.

Liked but didn't love the last episode...

I did like seeing that Irish copper who was threatening luther get his face and brains splattered all over the place, but felt the whole choice between Alice and Mary a bit of a cop out as I knew neither of them would get killed. Did like Alice coming back and generally being a psychopath and the switch at the end. A good season overall, but I will miss Ripley should the season continue. He was a great counterbalance to Luther.

yeah, im already missing Ripley.

it was a cool season finale but for me:

1) when Luther gets arrested i was like "what the hell, there's a crowd of (potential) witnesses who were half beating his ass while ripley ran ahead, also where the fuck is the shotgun"

2) i love Alice and her return was indeed awesome but im afraid she's growing into his Deus Ex that just bails him out of everything if they keep at it

obviously set the stage for the other detective chick to stay on his shit ten times harder next season is my guess, since Luther never tells anyone shit so she's just gonna assume he fed them to the vigilante or something. always bummed i won't see any more for like a year or more! i love you BBC format but you're a cruel mistress, now bring back Sherlock

Seemingly that may be the last season and they're planning on wrapping up the story altogether in a film. But its all talk for now. There's also talk for Alice to get her own series, which could be pretty nuts. Either way, while there are one or two things that didn't exactly do it for me, its still some of the best television I've seen recently

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...