Hondo's Bar

Should we get rid of Fight Club?

Benz

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where the hell did the link for the Fight Club rules go? Ah well, basically, back in the day, when the boards were formed from nothingness the rules for Fight Club were and are simple. RULE#1: IT'S ALL BS AND NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. RULE#2: IF IT GETS TOO SERIOUS FOR YOU, SEE RULE #1. It's mostly in good fun. Yeah, people in Fight Club are dicks to each other, but again, it's all part of the fun.

So let's put it to vote:

Keep Fight Club? Or get rid of it? Let's see which gets the majority vote...

Edited by the division of joy

My first action was to go add an option that just makes sense to me. Something like 'No, because it serves a completely valid but admittedly awkward purpose. Fuckatradition' but this is your poll and making changes might prove your point.

I don't think it should go because it DOES serve a dirty purpose. Admittedly it gets neglected 11 months out of the year, but I've come to realise that my ideas, while probably sound get lost in analogies and explanations that make sense only to me. I might take some of these to doj and with the aid of a whiteboard try and get him to understand, and from there we might see a little more action in this place.

No

the end

Said it best.

lipala said she didn't care for it, it's been a pile-on from the carnival of stupid since. really hoping we get all of these stunts out the same week, that'd be keen.

I didn't -1 that but that's only because I've used mine elsewhere...

I hope you're referring to more than just me in the 'carnival of stupid'. Lipala made a retarded fucking suggestion, Lipala got bopped on the nose with a newspaper. Hammer-out, Hamburger Time. I thought this was done with before Ben decided it was worth discussing.

i thought it was, too.

ya'll are well within your right to disagree with her - and it's clear i agree we need a place like this for recent shenanigans and many other reasons you illustrated. i simply think continuing the pile-on when the point was thoroughly made was pointless. don't get me wrong, ben's "there's room for stupid here too" is something i can get behind, but polls like this are silly enough before making the options like that - might as well be "I DONT LIKE LIPALA, WHO'S WITH ME?!". i don't see the point, no one else is really calling for this place to be dismantled.

I don't much see the point of this thread either (although I still voted). Like JZA said, she already got bopped on the nose.

She wasn't even harping on it, she mentioned it once as her preference. That shouldn't be some sort of unforgivable sin.

Shit's done. No need to rub it in. It just kinda seems mean now.

Edited by Thelogan