Hondo's Bar

Music Avoidance

Aartemys

You know how some songs remind you of certain things? I have the habit of placing songs with certain people and/or events and if these people are not in my life anymore, I tend to avoid the song so as to avoid the memory of said person.

This fact was apparent to me this morning while I was listening to my iPod while using the treadmill and a song that I related to "Hunny" (I'm sure some of the older folk remember that blip in time of my life) came on and I realized that I've been basically avoiding this song for close to six years!

Geez. Am I not all there in the head? Am I alone in this, or does anyone else do this?

You are not alone! I did the same thing. Then I realized "That person/memory doesn't own the rights to this song, and I enjoy this band/artist, I should be able to listen to it without any pain or hurt!" Then I felt good about myself, like I accomplished something, lol. <3 But you are definitely not alone. I know a ton of people that also do this. <3

I guess to get a little discussion I will post the song...Lord knows why this song in particular, but I guess it was being played out at the time!

Also, I can't hear this song which was playing on the radio when I was involved in my first car accident:

Archived