Hondo's Bar

No More Rehab for Amy Winehouse

Aartemys

From TMZ.com

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Amy Winehouse was found dead in her apartment in London today ... TMZ has confirmed.

A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.

On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.

Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."

Winehouse famously battled addiction to drugs and alcohol and was in and out of rehab several times throughout the years.

Last month, Winehouse canceled her European tour after a performance in Serbia where she seemed completely out of it.

Well its true, isn't it?

I find it sad that she is gone at such a young age, however, I am not surprised due to her lifestyle. What a wasted talent. I enjoyed her music and always hoped that she might turn around someday.

I think it takes a really talented artist to find inspiration outside of internal turmoil. Possibly why some musicians become shadows of themselves after they find fame, they have nothing to whine about anymore. No struggle. The easiest route for an artist afraid of that would be to embrace a problem that would only be exacerbated by piles of money, i.e. drug abuse.

And then there are people like Reznor, who just have a hard time being happy no matter what because there's something wrong with their brain.

And of course there are people who don't need problems at all to do something amazing. They are exceptionally rare in any artistic medium.

Is it wrong of me to be bothered by people who are talking bad about her? I mean, drugs or no drugs, she was a human being -- someone's daughter, someone's wife (?) -- that means something, at least to me.

Did I agree with the path she took? No. But how many other addicts do we worship all the same then badmouth when the inevitable happens?

I enjoyed her music. I jammed to her Back to Black CD for countless hours...I'm sure I even drunkenly sang, "Rehab" at Karaoke...do I like her less because she chose to slowly kill herself? No.

Unfortunately, I didn't hear about Oslo until after I heard of Amy Winehouse. It could very well be how the media works over here, but I get my news from my Google front page and I still haven't seen anything on it.

what's this have to do with oslo, though?

+1 to aarty, i hate that (mostly in other boards/circles), these things bring out the ugliest in people sometimes.

no, it's not entirely surprising when a drug addict OD's, but it's not a given - Courtney Love yet lives.

i wish we could trade them

Like I said, I wasn't even a fan, but she's still a human being. My Facebook was pretty retarded for about 6 hours after she kicked it. I lost a little respect for a few people.

And DoJ, how many Grammys did the people of Norway win? I rest my case. :troll:

Can't say fans and non-fans didn't see this coming. Wasn't it a month or so ago she went loopy on stage in Croatia or something? Anyway, hopefully she laid down some good tracks for a posthumous followup to Back In Black. Buried in Black?

Too soon, huh?

Unfortunately, I didn't hear about Oslo until after I heard of Amy Winehouse.

Ditto.

... it's not entirely surprising when a drug addict OD's, but it's not a given - Courtney Love yet lives.

i wish we could trade them

I would trade 'em as well.

Frank is good, though it's definitely a different sound than Back to Black. Here's a good track from that album w/ her in a rare coherent live performance.*

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

* stolen from senshik's blog!

Archived