Hondo's Bar

Hondosbar Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods!

Newtype

How much did all that set you back?

While they're in print and readily available, the Hellboy Library Editions are incredibly reasonably priced. For vol. 2-5, they were all between $20-$30.

Vol. 1, however, I slept on and literally paid for it. I found an ebay listing selling vol. 1 & 2 together and I got them for a little over $100. So I have 2 copies of vol. 2, but I figure the supply will inevitably run dry there as well and I can eventually flip it for at least half of that.

So, all told, probably about $200 for 5 volumes + an extraneous vol. 2. They sure are purdy though.

Vol. 1, however, I slept on and literally paid for it. I found an ebay listing selling vol. 1 & 2 together and I got them for a little over $100.

Well I was gonna see about collecting those but fuck that noise

Not that it helps you now Logan, but if anyone else is interested Barnes & Noble's site has Volume one for $48, plus it qualifies for free shipping. I just ordered one and it came to $51 and change including tax. (I'm half expecting to get an email back saying it's backordered any minute now...) Every other source I've seen has it for $85 minimum!

I think you just lucked out.

zqFu7sk.jpg

Hopefully they'll eventually honor it. As soon as it got expensive, I went and bought it on Amazon UK for around $40. This was in mid-February. It has "yet to be dispatched", but they haven't canceled it on me yet.

i hear amazon UK's not as good as US' customer service, but you thought about emailing them your concerns?

I say this cause ive done that with fancy books on our amazon and they've bumped me up to next-day delivery for free, just to make me feel better. shit like that...i hear you on mom & pop shops Ly, but still

Nah, they clearly don't have any inventory of it. It went to "not available" right after I placed my order. My hope is that, eventually, they'll get some in stock, and I'll have been sitting there in limbo and the system will automatically sell it to me for a low price. I don't want to bring their attention to it, they'll probably just cancel it and say "sorry bout that".

I already have it at this point, but if I can get it for $40 I can just turn around and make a profit or bundle it with my extra Vol. 2 for a fine gift.

Edited by Thrizzle

I think you just lucked out.

zqFu7sk.jpg

Hopefully they'll eventually honor it. As soon as it got expensive, I went and bought it on Amazon UK for around $40. This was in mid-February. It has "yet to be dispatched", but they haven't canceled it on me yet.

I tried to reply last night, but Hondos was acting up. After seeing your post I was sure my order was going to be backordered/cancelled, but I checked the site again and this is what I see:

hellboy_zps759a4a78.jpg

Still there, and now it's a dollar cheaper to boot! Which Internet are you using again Logan? :wink:

I did recieve a confirmation email, and an email saying my order should be shipped out today, but I'm not going to uncross my fingers until it actually gets here.

I did recieve a confirmation email, and an email saying my order should be shipped out today, but I'm not going to uncross my fingers until it actually gets here.

Okay, got the shipping confirmation with tracking number. Package is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so unless it gets here and it's a big box of nothing, I managed to grab volume one for $48!

It looks like the price has dropped dramatically across the board. I guess another wave was released from some basement at Dark Horse.

So I expect to be getting my back ordered copy at some point in the near future, which I will likely sit on until this happens again. It is technically out of print from what I understand. Some googling revealed that this has happened a couple of times in the last few years. The supply runs dry, everyone assumes they're all out and the price spikes. Silly people, like myself, panic and over pay, assuming it will only get worse.

In my defense, there are some omnibuses I waited on and they've just become more and more prohibitively expensive as time goes on.

• 1 month later...