Hondo's Bar

Hondosbar Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods!

Newtype

^what happened there?

LOL - um...

Ooooo - Spidey-Classic.

Referring to the Spidey essentials?

I don't know what it is, but - uh huh-huh..."Snatcher"...uh huh-huh.

My impression of Beavis n' Butt-head laughing @ the word 'Snatcher'. I'm brilliant, btw...th-there must've been an issue w/ my keyboard...as to why that didn't translate...

• 2 weeks later...

^what happened there?

Yikes! Did you mean the pic being all pixelated...? Yeah, that's new...I'm gonna check that.

Also note the articulated turtle penis!

Oh - veeery noted...

Reminds me - I wonder what the status is on those Henson 90s movie Turtles. Looking forward to more pics of that giant turtle package - it looks loaded.

What the hell? I haven't gotten my Mondo Luke Cage LP OR my You Are Now Earthbound backer rewards!

Did you do the $10 add on for the Legends of Localization Newt? I somehow missed the memo and they wouldn't honor it when I tried to add it on later.....bastards. I'll still try to pick it up eventually.

Also, no Backpack Newt?? Pfft! I am disappoint.

I love Out Run! Did you get your record player set up??

1mHQ6sZ.jpg

What the hell? I haven't gotten my Mondo Luke Cage LP OR my You Are Now Earthbound backer rewards!

Did you not get an email from Mondo or Fangamer about your stuff? Both somehow shipped out the same day (DEC 13) and arrived at the same time for me (DEC 20).

Did you do the $10 add on for the Legends of Localization Newt? I somehow missed the memo and they wouldn't honor it when I tried to add it on later.....bastards. I'll still try to pick it up eventually.

Didn't pay a thing. I think everybody is getting it.

Also, no Backpack Newt?? Pfft! I am disappoint.

Too busy reading both my earthbound books to care :P

• Upvote 1

Too busy reading both my earthbound books to care :P

ArnoldNoTeethDGDO_48f.gif

That is sum seriously sick-ass Earthbound swag. Those books look absolutely awesome - what are they? 'Travel Eagleland'? 'You are now Earthbound'? That is a thick-ass 'localization' book. An album for trading cards? How do those cards look? I mean, it's crazy-amazing they're still making stuff like this. That fanzine monthly...? I suppose I could just google - but...

That is sum seriously sick-ass Earthbound swag. Those books look absolutely awesome - what are they? 'Travel Eagleland'? 'You are now Earthbound'? That is a thick-ass 'localization' book. An album for trading cards? How do those cards look? I mean, it's crazy-amazing they're still making stuff like this. That fanzine monthly...? I suppose I could just google - but...

It was all part of a Kickstarter called 'You are Now Earthbound' from a couple of years ago.

Did you not get an email from Mondo or Fangamer about your stuff? Both somehow shipped out the same day (DEC 13) and arrived at the same time for me (DEC 20).

Yea, I got the email from both. Got my Luke Cage LP yesterday, but my YANEB stuff doesn't come in until the 27th tears.gif

Didn't pay a thing. I think everybody is getting it.

WHAT?? Man, I hope you're right! What backer tier where you? Was it listed on your email from Fangamer?? Double checked and it wasn't on mine. Maybe they are throwing it in as a surprise? (Hopes desperately)

YANEB_Redacted_zpseb4lxssd.jpg

So my boss likes to make everything a bigger production than it needs to be and our Secret Santa exchange lasts all week. You're supposed to give your person a small gift every day (less than $5), culminating in the big gift ($25 limit) at our employee dinner at the end of the week. I knew my Secret Santa had to be my boss because she was spending WAY more than the limits!

Monday I received a 1lb Snickers bar! Tuesday she got me Batman pajama pants with the classic "Jingle bells, Batman smells..." lyrics on them and a copy of The Killing Joke (which I already had, so I gave to NZA!). Wednesday she got me a 1-up mushroom tank top!

wPzrRU9.jpg?1

But at our dinner on Thursday, I could not BELIEVE what she got me for the big gift! Apparently she stayed up till 5am one night refreshing Amazon to get this for me:

ZDvyIv3.jpg?1

Cannot wait to (have NZA) set it up and check it out!! But man...I think it's safe to say my boss likes me! Or she knows how much my students suck and is trying to bribe me not to quit!

• Upvote 2

mmm yess..."set it up", not "keep forever"

this thing is impressively light, the cable's not got much reach but the build quality is more similar to the OG controllers than i'd expected. we're looking to try it out tomorrow, but the lineup of games + "NOW YOU'RE PLAYING WITH POWER! ...since 1985" poster it came with are both amazing, and i love the shit out of the box too. i'd be shocked if they didn't do an SNES one in the next year or two.

for real, look at this thing, next to the modded original courtesy of a Rio Comics™ sweepstakes i won back in like '04:

mVawstr.jpg

shit's adorable. i'm checking gamestop next week to see if they have that edge NES advantage thing, i read it's using real arcade parts which is awesome for the only stick i'd trust to pilot the statue of liberty

• Upvote 1