Hondo's Bar

Hondosbar Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods!

Newtype

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 10:44 PM, Newtype said:

1lyursy.jpg

^ Holy shit!  I wish they had that in a canister / capsule.  Like how the 'Metroid Amiibo' is comin' out of a busted cansister...like, a Metroid ^ that big - in a canister.  Could hold it up and check out 'the contents' 360.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:47 PM, Axels said:

5mQdGZY.jpg

^ God, he's scarier w/ the 'symbiote-face' peeled back.  Just like Brock is Venom:  Cletus is Carnage.

giphy.gif

Snagged some goodies tonight at work, but these were my favorites

MjLv1uc.jpg

Been on the lookout for Nightcrawler comics, but I never realized just how few series he has had. So that's kinda disappointing. I like hanging these up too as mini poster. They serve as a bit of inspiration for my drawing, add some color to the room and I cam easily read em when I want to. More to come!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, Iambaytor said:

Lemme guess: you're missing Monterray Jack, Hewie, Balloo, Gadget, and Webby?

Yeah...basically, every character that's on the display, that pulled me in...I didn't get.  LOL!!!

On 11/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, Iambaytor said:

Of all the villains they could have tossed into that series why did Morgana Macawber make the cut?  I mean at least give us a Don Carnage!

Shere Khan is in there...maybe it ended up being a toss between the 2 (him n' Don Carnage).  Magica DeSpell is in there, too...so is Negaduck.  But, yeah - that's about it for villains.

I think it's a solid selection, (all-star) but, I'd luv a 'Series 2' run - to round the whole thing out...but, honestly - I don't think Duckworth, Mrs. Beakley, the Beagle Boys, the Fearsome Five (SQUEEEELS - I'd love me sum Megavolt), Gizmoduck...Don Carnage...Fat Cat...on their own - have the draw to pull in casual passerby nostalgia fans on these blind packs.  I'd eat it up, tho.  They need sum Gummi Bears in there!

On 11/22/2017 at 1:24 AM, Da Cap'n 2099 said:

How much was that box?

Figs are $7 a pop - 'pre-ordered' a case of 12 for $60.  Saved $24 w/ that approach.

Morgana and Monterey Jack are the 2 'ultra-rare' figs of the set...1/72 odds of gettin' 'em.  I'm freakin' LUCKY I got as many as I did...I've seen sum postings of collectors who pulled horribly short straws w/ these case purchases...

The cheapest I've seen Monterey Jack online...is $30.  Heads. Freakin'. Up.  Gadget - $8...Baloo - $11.  Again, LOL - Heads. Up.

(sigh)  But, damn - are they wretchedly collectible...

tumblr_ozvjsqPGwf1vndct2o1_540.jpg

tumblr_ozvjure7Nl1vndct2o1_540.jpg

^ That's a quarter, he's on.  A freakin' quarter!

hqdefault.jpg

$7 a pop? *sigh* I wonder if I can trade some of my Infinity figures for these? Scrooge is the only one I really need. It’d also be nice to get the whole set of 4 Rescue Rangers, but with Monterey Jack going for $30 it just aint happenin’, cap’n.

I picked up some comics on Black Friday at my local shop. Found some gems in the discount bin and sprang for a few higher priced items. I’ll have to take some pics and post soon. 

Edited by Mr. Hakujin