Hondo's Bar

Hondosbar Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods!

Newtype

Except still within the original era and no Versace Fury or edgelord Magneto*.

*Though Magneto has never been more badarse than talking about using humans for a mutant larder and having the Mutant Commandments tattooed on his back though. Also one of my favourite lines from a comic: "Humanity didn't die tonight, just Americans.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mwsOISU.jpg

Wasn't cheap, but these are all good quality and may increase in value. Camera didn't like the plastic sorry. This was a birthday present to myself (as one does).

After a bit of research picked this up. My history teacher had a lot of X-comics from the 90s, X-Factor, X-Force, Excalibur. I've always been fascinated by Marvel UK and old Excalibur and Captain Britain stuff are the last remnants of it really. Marvel UK would reprint a lot of US stuff, but also had a lot of original works by same of the bigger names of later years like Alan Moore and Grant Morrison.NuxI6wv.jpg

Edited by Lorelei
photos
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tumblr_p7zayfARxO1vndct2o1_540.jpg

^ Picked up all the 1930s 'Weird Tales' Conan stories - these 'Del Rey' Editions (3 Collections) are the first time the original Howard stories have ever been released unabridged n' unaltered.

Bunch of bonus material: notes, drafts, maps...in-universe world backstory - 4 posthumous stories and a few 'unfinished' ones.  Mega-bonus: sweet-ass art - accompanying the stories.

Also gotz me sum...

tumblr_p7zaz8rEyT1vndct2o1_540.jpg

HEEEELL YEEEAH!!!

safe_image.gif

1*GCUPpfUx49MhxuPPqqBpSw.gif

^ un-freakin-realz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

0sfjcvS.jpg

FK97sMF.jpg

My73Vjb.jpg

FJlK4PU.jpg

KJClHys.jpg

4oUHkHu.jpg

cPe6juS.jpg

Giant-sized thank you to Newtype for snagging this stuff for me. They have a good home and I promise to dig into the book and dvds soon. And while Thor and Bill are out of their boxes, rest assured I am keeping the boxes themselves, cause they are actually really cool. 

• Like 1
  • Really Like 1
  • Thanks 1