Hondo's Bar

Terrible Rap

Thelogan

man, the last few cracked pieces on hip-hop have been such a mixed bag, i kinda wish they had more writers that followed it. they dig deep so someone knows their shit, but i never get some of their choices - ye's coldplay thing not only fits his M.O., it's like the least of his sins (prolly even on that track). take Drakes' "Headlines" one, mobbin like that isn't really a bad one to jump on, but you had to go right past "you gon make someone around me catch a body like that": yeah, it was halfway a meme and its mad obvious but how can you not jump on that weak shit? the very next verse he drops the "someone around me" and says it like he's pulling the trigger, which is just waiting for a degrassi meme, a la:

BU0l7.jpg

i don't mean to be nitpicky, it's just...cracked has been hitting it outta the park with a lotta these articles for a minute now, and they go all over for their hip-hop ones too which i love. i just hate seeing them either walk past a bigger target or spend their time really reaching on some others. that weezy one...they don't like rappers referencing comedies (they've used this on jigga a few times now), but honestly, they could easily do a whole top 15 worst lil wayne metaphors. it was started once on twitter, shit was hilarious - and they can do way better than twitter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doesn't really belong in this thread since it's probably the best video here, but I can't find a more relevant thread, so:

Gunshots?! What's harder than that?!?! Lmao

The definition of garbage commercial lyrics...

Yea I never saw deggrassi.. Ugh ...drake doesn't rap, he whines a lot. But hhis beats are fragging sik mcnasty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42GTZYaCz0A

Edited by IceManML
  • Downvote 1

I'm really thinking of hijacking this thread and making it all Degrassi all the time.

3886185:jpeg_preview_large.jpg

This is from when Manny became the school slut and stole Craig off of Ashley (total upgrade for Craig in my opinion). She had one of the strongest arcs that season, culminating in the infamous abortion episode. Her story lines never quite were as strong after that season but Manny remains one of my favorite characters from D:TNG.

Edited by Testes McManballs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you shouldnt insult the art of spoken word by mentioning 50cent (tho I still listen to his underground stuff from like 13 years ago)

Killer Mike is intense in his delivery, when I was talking about "bad rap" I was singling out that 1 track. I've heard the rest of his stuff briefly (which sounds similar throughout), but It sounds like he shoulda used a smoother approach for his messages. I mean, common (tho way more poetic) has just about the same message (sometimes) in his music. But its not being shoved in my face like "LOOK AT THESE PIGS! AND THEIR GERMAN SHEPHARDS!!!"

• 3 months later...