Hondo's Bar

Silent Hill Downgraded Collection

Maldron

rejoice!

Yep, it's official.

Guy Cihi (James), Monica Horgan (Mary/Maria), Donna Burke (Angela), and David Schaufele (Eddie) have all signed waivers and their original VO will be available as an option for Silent Hill 2.

The guy you need to thank is Michael Ranja of Konami USA. He got this all rolling.

having the option is fantastic, and worth the delay.

im still gonna play through the first time again with the new VA, suck it purists

• 1 month later...

says Guy Cini:

Here is an update about the dinner in L.A. with Tomm and Devin of Konami.

At the dinner: Tomm and Devin were circumspect and reserved. Monica was mysterious and beautiful. Dave and I had been partying for two days so we were already in sync and tight. We talked about our families and other personal goings on. We had a good time! At some point I got the feeling that if I didn't ask, they weren't going to volunteer information. So I asked Tomm about the HD Collection voices and release date. Here is what he said:

The HD Collection is on schedule for Jan 2012 release. The deadline for releasing the masters to the duplicators is like, this week. All major actors for SH2 have signed releases and so the SH2 game will offer players both voices - original and new. One SH2 actor was unwilling to sign, or had unreasonably delayed signing, but he has only two lines in SH2, so Devin and Tomm decided to use the new voice for those two lines. SH3, however, is a problem. Konami people have been unable to locate/contact Heather Morris so they cannot get her to sign a rights release. I have tried to find Heather but I was unable. If you know her contact information, please tell me ASAP otherwise SH3 will not have the original voices.

I plan to do a podcast with Dena Natali at the end of this month. I will also do an interview with Luis Ricardo de Barros later this month for Brazilian fans. Please look forward to those. My next SH2 related project will be to record a Let's Play. Wish me luck!

THANK YOU ALL (even haters) for causing such a big stir about the SH2 voice actors. Twin Perfect's Rosseter and Twin Perfect's Fungo, you guys rock and deserve a special shout out. The voice comparison video definitely helped tip the scales! (Plus, my kids love it - they mimic it often.)

SH2 Fans, you have touched our hearts (Me, Dave, Monica and Donna.) You make us feel special and very happy.

We all did it together!

looks like the delay wasn't enough to get everyone on board - Heather apparently hasn't been seen or heard from since after SH3. I strangely can't blame Konami for this one.

• 3 months later...

Silent Hill 2 is, in my opinion, the best game ever made. Also, this is the saddest scene in a video game I think I've ever seen:

Seriously, that music. Jeez :(

3 was also pretty great. My favorite scene was:

You had to play it through twice in order to get it :)

al-bundy-at-first-I-was-like-but-then-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-158.gif

...wait when the fuck

ps sin - yeah, great call on that moment for 2, it really sheds light on what might be happening the whole time too!

and fuck, that zelda reference outta nowhere threw me for such a loop at the time, haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Me too, I have not played a single Silent Hill game ever, and I was waiting for this HD collection to make a jump into the series and see what it is all about. But since I still own a ps2 it looks like a better idea will be to just by the original ps2 versions of the games and play those.

It is sad when a ps2 version arguably looks better than a new HD upgraded version. The fog alone makes me want to play the ps2 versions instead.

• 5 months later...

i almost feel bad for the SH guy, but the point he's making about fans & spinoffs isn't really a good one. Persona Arena, Dissidia, etc all come from series with fans mostly happy with the product at the time.

it sucked that a good kart racer like Sonic All-Star Racing kinda bombed (as far as i saw) but after stuff like '06 you cant be surprised when fans are kinda burned. hopefully the seuqel does better after the last 2 quality releases.

Book of Memoris, as stump pointed out @ GAF, is collecting some of the very least favorite chapters of the game, after the HD collection butchered the fan-favorites. this is the very definition of an uphill battle - but if it somehow turns out good, ill be there, and a few others will too. still curious about Downpour, personally.