Hondo's Bar

Hondo's 10th Anniversary & you

The NZA

What would you like to see for our big 10 year thing?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Acalis%27%20banner.gif

Right, so...there's some question as to the exact date of our current inception (we lost most stuff from 2000 switching to ikonboard, natch) but close as we have here looks like december of this year makes our 10th anniversary! Since your admin's a hack, these ideas (plus a surprise or two) are all i have so far, wanted to see who else had ideas and if any of you'd like to be involved in what's on the table so far. We are so taking applications right now.

As said in the rules post, i'm trying to make awards happen at the year's end so it's a constant/people don't bitch/things don't get (as) overlooked for entries, and also making sure the host (that's me this year, i think) ensures banners for the winners. the video (more likely just with the words though) cast thing could follow & announce the winners, since we really dropped the ball with that a few years back. Additionally, i'd wanted to have some drinks with Yahve and talk about how this shit started, pre-Drunken Deities, post, about up to when i remade it as Hondo's in '03, since kids love chains history.

Also: surprises! Get hyped! Suggest ideas, so i can edit your post and pretend they were mine!

ヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)人(`Д´)ノ

10th anniversary hullabaloo!!!!!

I'm fuckin' psyched. I know I've only been around for a brief 30% of it's life, but I can at least see it grow up on Facebook evolving and subtly changing through old posts. Yourself especially.

To Hondos: The First Decade!

G9IGL.gif

I really like the History of Hondo's idea. I've been meaning to actually suggest a thread on it, giving newer members like me an idea of where others came from, inside jokes etc. The video thing would be grand though.

Happy 10th Hondys! :D

an edited, non-half-assed video podcast extravaganza would be so win.

Also, maybe we could use something like that site Angel used a few years ago to show the MIA crew on New Year's Eve to organize a web-cam party or something. I've never used Skype so I don't know if you can do multi-chats on that or what. It'd be cool if the Irtish, TX, MIA & OZ crews all got together in their respective areas on the same night and we all drank and mingled via web-cam and live-chat.

yeah, the history thing might just be early years, though i could run through uh, inside jokes and the like now that the wiki's gone too?

Also, maybe we could use something like that site Angel used a few years ago to show the MIA crew on New Year's Eve to organize a web-cam party or something. I've never used Skype so I don't know if you can do multi-chats on that or what. It'd be cool if the Irtish, TX, MIA & OZ crews all got together in their respective areas on the same night and we all drank and mingled via web-cam and live-chat.

kinda what i had in mind for the group thing, and yeah, phones & chat programs to get more people involved. working on a guest list for the event itself, having everything ready to go (and ideally, done) by december before the holidays is gonna be interesting.

an edited, non-half-assed

let's not get crazy, now.

Yesssssssss!

yeah, gonna be in touch with you regarding photoshoppery, appreciate the offer m'man. i'm a bit hesitant with you likely having a full plate from art school, so if anything, i'll try to hit you up & give adequate time for any requests you choose to undertake.

• 2 weeks later...

I got some RayRay love for my 6th Hondosversary and it made me feel like such a shithead for abandoning the place so here I am. 10 already? How time flies. Granted I've only seen 60% of that but y'know. I love each and every one of you like I love oatty biscuits! I love them quite a lot too.

I'll offer whatever abilities I appear to possess!

an update, as i'm getting into pre-planning mode here.

• tentatively looking to open up the award ballots for nominations in mid-november, to give everyone a reasonable chance to see their favorites listed. Awards would start right after thanksgiving, and last no more than 2 weeks.
  • this means they rap up after the first week of december, and either that weekend or the following (no later than mid-month, to allow time for the holiday dip), we'll do a taped/cam'd award session with locals (we need webcams/etc for this, if any locals can volunteer theirs). also, i'm going to be contacting a few non-locals to see if we can coordinate skype/video appearances, as well as acceptance speeches, once results are in, to try to include more people. behind-the-scenes hondonian Losifer has already volunteered to handle video editing & such, and he's quick on these projects so hopefully it'll look good, too!
  • towards this end, i should be contacting our photoshop ninjas soon to get a lock on award banners before the fact.
  • I'm reaching out to Yahven this week to get a day in november or so when he & I can meetup, drink & bullshit over the DD/Hondo's timeline, try to cover all sorts of bullshit minutia, easter eggs & the like - if there's anything you'd like some light shed on from our earlier days, let me know!

The idea is, i'm gonna try - starting in October, unless i can get some stuff ready this month somehow - to have a sort've event or surprise for the board for each remaining month in 2011, so our anniversary builds up & goes out with a bang. Again, i appreciate the offers for assistance so far, if any of this sounds up your alley, reply or PM me!

just got off the phone with ray-ray a while back, gonna see if we can time this to include her and, again, any non-locals on this project. long ways to go between here & december, but i when the time comes, i really dont wanna hear anyone whining that they got left out & didn't know about it.

Archived