Hondo's Bar

Hondo's 10th Anniversary & you

The NZA

What would you like to see for our big 10 year thing?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

. . .The idea is, i'm gonna try - starting in October, unless i can get some stuff ready this month somehow - to have a sort've event or surprise for the board for each remaining month in 2011, so our anniversary builds up & goes out with a bang. Again, i appreciate the offers for assistance so far, if any of this sounds up your alley, reply or PM me!

Is this still gonna happen? I know you've been busy making Shenmue signs for the Occupy MIA/OWS movement, so I was just wonderin'.

background stuff is going down, but it's taken a lot more work than i'd envisioned doing solo - and much love to stilly but he's busier than ever.

the history segment, im scheduling with yahve for november. videocast goes down in december after the awards tie up, so i've got time to sort out equipment & such after i finish this first part.

you know there's no award for "most useless hondonian", right? you needn't try so hard, hakus

hey, some of you non-locals can maybe help me out here on the equipment end:

-know of any good webcams/etc for videocasts that can be had on the cheap? any particular recommendations? again, ive got a few locals offering to use their tablet-cams if they're included but im unsure of the quality.

-anyone know if the PS eye can be used as such, and if so, is it worth it? again, Los is offering to edit something together if we get multiple sources, but i'm not sure about our options. gunsmithx used a cam for his party a while back but i recall it wasn't great, and this is more for recorded use than streaming.

• 1 month later...

a series of updates!

• the upgrade and most of its surprises is, of course, done. there's a few remaining bugs, as far as quotes in the sports forum and our lack of a mobile skin, both of which i'm still working on. it looks like the way some threads were broken (hip-hop, CREEPY) due to HTML parsing with text has been fixed.
  • the podcast was mostly completed last weekend, i'm looking to start editing it tomorrow - i'll be honest, it was a blast but there were a few of us and we had way too much to drink, so i gotta go back and tidy it up a bit as well as quickly summarize stuff from the last 5 years to even it out. it's coming, but the software got choppy by the end so i'm trying to see how much of it we can use.
  • I was looking to start the awards this week, tie them up by the middle of next and have a local gathering/videocast in celebration by that weekend, but that's on delay due to a good friend of mine & fellow hondonian WhoDey (and Kara) being in town that weekend, so as to not overlap events, i'm looking to start them monday the 5th, end them the 15th and shooting for our gathering saturday the 17th, but i have to check with my job first.

so yeah, still on track, just trying to balance the festivities and various projects with holiday visits and overtime shifts, so bear with me. meantime, again, anyone that wants to be a part of all of this - vote in the ballot thread if you haven't (got a few extra days there), and lemme know if you're looking to be part of the videocast - we're hoping to get some non-locals to chime in via phone, skype and such!

Archived