Hondo's Bar

the fatass thread

gunsmithx

I think I have a weird sort of reverse anorexia. No matter how big I get, when I walk by a mirror naked I want to wink at the reflection and say "Lookin' good, Tiger".

For some reason this sort of thing is celebrated in society, but I'm pretty aware that I simply must be delusional. The numbers aren't lying and I now damn well I'm out of shape...but my perceptions are totally fucking with me.

It makes it hard for me to get motivated.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have a weird sort of reverse anorexia. No matter how big I get, when I walk by a mirror naked I want to wink at the reflection and say "Lookin' good, Tiger".

For some reason this sort of thing is celebrated in society, but I'm pretty aware that I simply must be delusional. The numbers aren't lying and I now damn well I'm out of shape...but my perceptions are totally fucking with me.

It makes it hard for me to get motivated.

Yeah Lindsay gave it a name like that I'm absolutely the same way. After spending 25 years skinny like Bale in the Machinist(proof is troof) and wanting to be bigger/fat, it's only when I expanded to the point that most of my wardrobe fits no more that I've gotten proactive about fixing it.

NZAZI- Boxing was sadly skipped this week but Megz & I are doing the exercises at home in the meantime. Plus I've upped the ante with my cardio AND fucked off the 10kgs I'd wanted to before my birthday.

3.5 miles done in under 50 minutes today. Jogging for longer distances and going till my legs are shot. Feeling stronger and loving that I have more endurance. Getting ready to kick back into my strict diet phase like I did this summer. No more bullshit. Lots of progress made, but still quite a ways to go.

I lost a stone in 7 days, 2 stone in 4 weeks, but now I'm 2 stone underweight so it's backfired.

You may as well tell me you lost a Purple in a week and then two Tuesdays in a month. I know nothing of these confounding units of measurement.

A least when JZA talks in terms of kg's, I can just envision his body as a giant bag of coke.

So apparently, diet and exercise can have negative effects also. Now, instead of having cholesterol that is flirting with high danger levels I have cholesterol that is TOO low. Both my overall cholesterol and the HDL part. Fuck! So now onto alter the diet yet again to include sources of good cholesterol and continue with the exercise. The frustration never seems to end.

• 1 month later...

Despite the holiday season creeping up am almost through the first week of my diet. No carbs/no oil/no sweets. Just lean proteins, green vegetables, and fruits. Water and green tea is it. Not only do I feel better, I feel better in my clothes. I think that non-healthy foods cause bloating or at least that's how I feel after I eat them, and I hate that.

It's been hard working in an elementary school, with all the lower grades having their "Holiday Culminating Activities". (Which my classes do not participate in. When you can read on a third grade level buster, then we have something to fuckin party about). However, other teachers want to send all their fat packed carbohydrated goodies my way and I pawn them off on the children. Learning A LOT about discipline.

Soooooo...Angel?! What the hell bro? Life settle down at all? How is your diet and exercise regiment working out? Or is it done-zo?

• 2 weeks later...

(STUDY) HIIT boosts endurance similar to steady state cardio, but only needs 10% of the volume!

High Intensity Interval Training basically means sprinting for 30 seconds, walking for 15 kinda workout. i'm gonna use this & switch up my regiment a bit, been wanting to work on anaerobic as well as see if i can get anywhere near that fitocracy achievement for a 6 minute mile.

I know a few others can attest to this, but my wife's mother said the best way to diet was to do meth on the weekend.

But come on, do you really want to be a health nut (not to anyone in particular)? All those runners and joggers and health people all die real early in life. No one that lives to be 105 or some shit ever says they constantly exercise or go to the gym or any of that. If you want to lose weight, go for it, but if you're gonna become a health nut think twice, you'll burn your body out a lot faster than just being what your "normal" body type should be, and face it, some of us are just bigger, learn to love it!

• 1 month later...

Who's got a good playlist worked out for 2012? ANGEL IT'S TIME TO GET BACK ON TRACK! COME ON!

I am working on mine. What I have so far is kind of an insane mix of things. But it makes the time go by fast for me.

What gets you moving?

Enjoy the Silence ~ Depeche Mode

Different People ~ No Doubt

I Just Had Sex ~ Lonely Island (also makes me start to crack up)

Jack Sparrow ~ Lonely Island (this one too)

Take Me Away ~ Mix Factory

Lights, Camera, Action! Remix ~ Missy Elliot, Mr. Cheeks, etc.

Super Bass ~ Nicki Minaj

Moves Like Jagger ~ Maroon 5

Give Me Everything ~ Pitbull

S&M ~ Rihanna

We Found Love ~ Rihanna

Another Night ~ Real McCoy

Cold ~ Shayda Gray

Good Life ~ One Republic

Blessings ~ Mr. Vegas

D'Yer Maker ~ Led Zeppelin

Sexy Silk ~ Jessica Cornish

Numba 1 ~ Kardinal Offishall