Hondo's Bar

Persona thread - WE GOT NEW (old) GAMES!!!

Maldron

• 3 weeks later...

at this point i'd really just love a port of the PSP eternal punishment - i played innocent sin and the quality of life updates (map, etc) and updated graphics + the more demonic SMT vibes & world were so unique

i get that it feels like a hard sell when much of the persona fanbase expects social links, but so much of the work is already done...just port those and the PSP remake of 1 to switch/etc and bam, whole series is modernized. double dip on a physical set, charge $100+, watch how fast it sells

then show a screenshot and fuckall else for years like you did with the desk and chains one of 5

https://www.ign.com/articles/atlus-live-action-movie-tv-adaptations-sega-exclusive

Sega is looking to expand further into film and TV by exploring potential live-action adaptations for games developed by Atlus.

In an exclusive reveal to IGN, Sega says that expanding storytelling forms is a new and important part of Sega's overall business strategy. This is why Sega is opening up Atlus' critically-acclaimed library of games — which includes series like Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, and Catherine — to potential live-action film and TV adaptations.

• Wow! 1

• 2 months later...

Per IGN

• 3 weeks later...

nothing announced about physical editions yet from what i've seen, but i'm hopeful too! also

Atlus Dir./Prod. Kazuhisa Wada tells fans to look forward to future persona news. PCentral says Atlus 5 year plan from 2018 was disrupted by COVID

It is also with great sadness that we must bring an end to the everlasting momentum of

Persona's 25th anniversary. With the "Persona Super Live P-Sound Wish 2022: Crossing Journeys" live concert, we would like to conclude it. There are so many things I would like to tell you, but I deeply apologise for not being able to do so on this occasion. I would like to share them with you at the right time, so please look forward to more information about the Persona series in the future.

At the end of 2021, Wada implied that various changes had been going on behind the scenes into 2022 as the team worked on various projects all at once, but stated remaining optimistic would be important.

On 10/10/2022 at 12:47 PM, Visitant said:

Please look forward to future announcements, says announcement. 

Next announcement: "Here's our new line of plush toys. Wait, you wanted Persona 6 news? hahahahaha"

You will take what they drip-feed to us and you will like it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

watching now - yeah, he nails what's gonna happen here: they're using the PSP version, which means a lot of travel/detail is lost.  like dude says "it's almost like stretching 240p content onto a 40+ inch screen looks like shit" :LOL:

the models over the backgrounds do look a bit off putting at times here 

oh wow, the audio examples are a bummer too though. i'm gonna assume this is still the definitive way to play for most, if even just for QoL options (and honestly i love FES but the answer/epilogue isn't really a big loss, looking back)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...