Hondo's Bar

2011 NFL season

gunsmithx

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scared? No. Nervous? A bit. Excited, hell yes. I'm glad we're facing the Giants. It's a chance to redeem ourselves. Somewhat. A chance to avenge the season that should have been. I don't know what the outcome will be. Especially with that sloppy performance. But I will be excited to watch. Here's hoping for another title for Titletown.

(null)

Knowing nothing of actual footballs, I have a system of picking games that's based entirely on the mascots and playing environment.

So, in this case, we have 11 Giants vs. 11 Patriots.

I'm going to be conservative with the giants, and peg them at 3 times the size of an average person, so roughly 15-18 ft tall, wielding clubs and wearing animal skins, if anything. Primary form if attack would be smashing things and throwing large objects.

I imagine patriots as being soldiers from the Revolutionary War era, which means they're armed with flintlock muskets with bayonets and tri corner hats. It seems more fitting that they would be marching in formation rather than on mounts.

The battlefield is Indianapolis, which is the home of the Colts. Who are baby horses. Their home would be a praire, or a pasture with long grass. Big, flat, and open.

As you can imagine, the Colts rarely see victory with my system. Unless they're playing at home against someone like the Dolphins. It's all very scientific.

Anyway, we have 11 dudes with muskets against 11 giants in an open field, one group on each end. Patriots would stand their ground, in formation, and fire simultaneously right off the bat, and probably drop a giant or two. Muskets quickly lose accuracy at range, so it's not like each patriot could just pop one in the eye or something.

With nothing laying around to hurl, the giants are going to be rushing them.

The average running speed for a normal person is about 7yds a second, so it would take roughly 17 seconds to sprint across a football field. The giants would have a greater stride, so it would take about 1/3 of that time, or about 5.7 seconds on average.

It takes at least 15 seconds to reload a flintlock musket, if you're a badass. Either way, there's no time for a second round before the smashing, gnashing and tearing begins. The patriots would be relying on their bayonets, which wouldn't be overy effective. There's also no places to hide, or employ guerilla tactics which take advantage of the increased bulk of their adversaries.

Now, it's possible, even likely, that the patriots would have foreseen this and organized their shots in waves, so that continous fire could be achieved, but I don't think that's going to solve the problem. Just possibly briefly delay the inevitable.

So this superbowl goes to the giants. Patriots score a little, but the giants end up wrecking shop.

Call your bookie.

Knowing nothing of actual footballs, I have a system of picking games that's based entirely on the mascots and playing environment.

So, in this case, we have 11 Giants vs. 11 Patriots.

I'm going to be conservative with the giants, and peg them at 3 times the size of an average person, so roughly 15-18 ft tall, wielding clubs and wearing animal skins, if anything. Primary form if attack would be smashing things and throwing large objects.

I imagine patriots as being soldiers from the Revolutionary War era, which means they're armed with flintlock muskets with bayonets and tri corner hats. It seems more fitting that they would be marching in formation rather than on mounts.

The battlefield is Indianapolis, which is the home of the Colts. Who are baby horses. Their home would be a praire, or a pasture with long grass. Big, flat, and open.

As you can imagine, the Colts rarely see victory with my system. Unless they're playing at home against someone like the Dolphins. It's all very scientific.

Anyway, we have 11 dudes with muskets against 11 giants in an open field, one group on each end. Patriots would stand their ground, in formation, and fire simultaneously right off the bat, and probably drop a giant or two. Muskets quickly lose accuracy at range, so it's not like each patriot could just pop one in the eye or something.

With nothing laying around to hurl, the giants are going to be rushing them.

The average running speed for a normal person is about 7yds a second, so it would take roughly 17 seconds to sprint across a football field. The giants would have a greater stride, so it would take about 1/3 of that time, or about 5.7 seconds on average.

It takes at least 15 seconds to reload a flintlock musket, if you're a badass. Either way, there's no time for a second round before the smashing, gnashing and tearing begins. The patriots would be relying on their bayonets, which wouldn't be overy effective. There's also no places to hide, or employ guerilla tactics which take advantage of the increased bulk of their adversaries.

Now, it's possible, even likely, that the patriots would have foreseen this and organized their shots in waves, so that continous fire could be achieved, but I don't think that's going to solve the problem. Just possibly briefly delay the inevitable.

So this superbowl goes to the giants. Patriots score a little, but the giants end up wrecking shop.

Call your bookie.

...you mean like this?:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Panch, but your girl is right. Super Bowl XLII, a game that New England still wakes up bathed in a cold sweat, screaming over. It's Brady's turn, dammit. Fuck Eli. Fuck the Giants. Most especially, fuck New York. It's time for revenge.

EDIT: Damn (null) keeps showing up when I post from my phone.

I can see your thought process, Panch. Rooting for New York, however, ALWAYS brings bad juju. Suppose Eli did win *shudders in disgust*. That would put Eli at 2 Super Bowls to Peyton's 1. Clearly, Peyton is the better of the 2 brothers. But the media would start to question Peyton's ability. Peyton would let those voices in. They would cloud his thoughts. He would over-think plays, try too hard instead of throwing the pigskin with confidence. You see? Rooting for Eli and New York is bad for you. But, hey, if that's what you want...

I'll take Payton with cloudy thoughts, a broken neck and NO legs. Even that is better than we've had down here since Dan Marino. Sorry Benny, but I want a Superbowl more than anything in the world. If that means rooting for Eli and the Giants than so be it. Besides... there's NO possible I can root for the Patriots. That should be a given.

Archived