Hondo's Bar

2011 NFL season

gunsmithx

maaaan, go back to our older shows - U2, MJ...we used to knock em outta the park. Cee-lo was a highlight for me though, cant help but wonder how many times he thought "how the fuck did i get from Goodie Mob to this shit?!" on the way to the stage, haha.

also, post-game tears are about as amusing as the commercials

tumblr_lyydmrDBJ91qjrv08o1_1280.png

r72An.png

YdoOZ.png

god, why can't american sports be more civilized like the rest of the world

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, I thought I was going to watch two conference winning teams play at the Super Bowl, not two junior varsity middle school teams coached by the remedial math teacher because no one else wanted to. How the hell did BOTH teams get a penalty for having 12 men on the field? Each of these teams have like 100 coaches, you'd think one of those coaches would be the 'make sure exactly 11 players are on the field for each play, dumbass' coach. They probably do each have a coach for whom that is their entire job, and they should both be fired.

To be fair (or unfair if you're the Pats), I totally think the Giants put 12 men on the field ON PURPOSE! And it was brilliant. Here listen:

A couple of dropped balls aside, the Patriots were still moving the ball on that final drive. Also, having Tom Brady means any type of heroics could happen at any time. I don't remember how much time was on the clock for the "too many men on the field" penalty, but there was enough time for two plays. I think Giants coach Tom Coughlin threw an extra guy out there just to assure the defence KNOWING that it would result in a penalty THAT DIDN'T BRING THE CLOCK BACK. Sure, they'd take the penalty of ten yards or whatever. It was better than a 30 yard strike to Wes Welker. What was important was the 9 seconds left on the clock. At that distance he knew that that would be the final play. A play that could ONLY be a Hail Mary. And everyone knows that the percentage of completing a Hail Mary are insanely slim. Call it cheating if you want, but I think it was brilliant.

First off: Congrats, Newt. Giants earned the win. It was a great close game.

Who to blame for the loss? Brady? Butterfingers Welker? Nah. I'll go with stupid little mistakes. Nothing big, but they added up to the loss. A missed catch. Missed opportunities to get a turnover. Oh well, life goes on.

This was totally me and Aarty watching the game:

Anyway, looking at the over all picture for Boston/New England, I feel better:

tumblr_lyyhbunopi1qli9bdo1_500.png

Boston remains Titletown, City of Champions. One Superbowl won't change that. 5 Super Bowl appearances with 3 wins? That's a winning record and pretty impressive. Getting to the Super Bowl alone is tough. 5 times in a decade? I remember not so long ago when the Pats were "just some team". Now they're the team to beat. Nothing to cry about there. They're my home team, and I'm damn proud of them.

While I don't completely agree with this statement, I dont completely disagree either. Yes, the city of Buffalo is in the state of New York, but what I think Jax is talking about is NY teams that are in the city itself. What separates NYC teams and the rest of the universe of sports is their fans. Yankees, Knicks, Mets, Jets have some of the most obnoxious fans on the planet. Giants fans fall in this category, as well (kinda). Buffalo, not so much. To be fair, second worse fanbase for obnoxiousness: Boston.

• 1 month later...

There isn't one, and I didn't fancy making it with the OP being about Tim Tebow. He's not that important. :2T:

Exactly. That being said... The most Christian player in NFL history goes to the least Christian team in NFL history? Well, now Rex will have someone to cry with each time they get eliminated.

Archived