Hondo's Bar

Dragon's Dogma

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

From the very first trailer I wasn't sure how to feel about this game. In the past I felt that Western developers were always playing catch up to their Japanese counterparts. This gen however, there been this strange role reversal, where Japan is trying it's best to emulate 'Western Style' games (often with disastrous results) in an effort to get a hold of the 'changing market' as they perceive it.

On the surface, Dragon's Dogma seems to be just that, Japan's Dragon Age.

But then I heard about THIS!!

• 6 months later...

FUCK I'M A GODDAMN HYPOCRITE BECAUSE I THINK THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST FUCKING THING EVER.

CHECK THIS SHIT OUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbyE-0Cg4yI

AND WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS SHIT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKGajLOYkN4

AND FUCK ME CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHjv0uNlg-M

THAT VOICEOVER IS SEXY AS FUCK AND MAKES ME WET.

• 2 weeks later...

There's just not a lot to it. Left me wanting more.

The Gryphon Battle thing after the prologue made me realize the potentially large gameplay differences with different characters, or builds or whatever.

I was shooting it with arrows while one guy was launching fireballs. I was tickled pink when one of my followers yelled "Here! I'll get you to him!" and the fastball-special'd me up into the air, where I grabbed the fucker by the neck and rode him down.

Damnit ppl... First this game wasn't good.. Now it's awesome...this is like watching Ross Perot run for pres. Lookin at gameplay/trailers so far I'm hatin it after skyrim spoilage.

Capcom seems desperate for a new classic to catch fire tho... Highly disappointed.

I think I'll like the full game better. Trying to play this I just didn't know what I was doing. I didn't like the minimal tutorials much. Hand holding is fine as long as it is early in the game. That may just be a demo thing. Gonna try more play throughs later though.

• 2 weeks later...

I Subconciously made the decision to purchase this game regardless of my opinion on the demo (which I thought was ok) after I walked in a gamestop and got a list of games scheduled for release throughout the year.

Doesn't look good imo.

• 3 weeks later...

This game requires alot of patience. Not because it is difficult, but because it takes forever to get anywhere. I don't mind that there isn't any fast travel system, but give me a horse or something! I'll take a Skyrim steed at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

You know I'm playing this game and every progression is pretty epic. It reminds me if the dungeons n dragons arcade but pawns are used as co op instead of waiting for a stranger to jump on the machine w you.

I like it. Now just waiting for the annoyances.,,

• 3 weeks later...

Dood.. Final battle

Most annoying unepic pos ever. How many times my ppl gotta get stuck n die?!

Patch glitches the fuk outta my pawns physics towards moving objects n environments as well. My main pawn no longer speaks unless we're in battle n stands still even when I move far away. They done fujed up.

Everything else is fukin awesome tho.. Especially post dragon.

Edited by IceManML

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...