Hondo's Bar

Fitocracy

The NZA

zmi0k1.png

so yeah, this might just be what some of us needed.

basically, you join up & add friends, and log your daily/whatever workouts - theyve got almost everything that counts, from standard gym to crossfit stuff to run/swim/sports, whatever. there's quests (i unlocked one by running 3 miles, apparently), and a list of achievements based on say squatting 1/3 or 1/2 your bodyweight, and of course scaling up from there.

what's more is the leaderboards! we can compare who's where point-wise, give each other props, etc. so far its in closed beta, i got an invite from a buddy on another forum and caught Lipala on, invited Sen but i think i can invite more folks. who's down to step their shit up!?

Fuck you! I've been sitting on that image for MONTHS now! I'm still gonna use it somewhere, dammit.

I'll level with ya: I don't have time for working out. I feel perfectly healthy,and unless a doctor tells me otherwise or I decide to take up vigilante crime fighting (again, the cowl...she taunts me), I'm probably just going to keep doing what I'm doing. I walk around all goddamn day at work and it seems to stave off death.

That said, my 20's will be over soon and I'll probably start de-evolving into a pile of shit afterwards. Until then, my precious spare time is spent gaming, here and on artistic pursuits.

I'd still love to join and just make up ridiculous shit though! Sounds like a lark.

ahaha, my .gif list is in constant fear of being emptied out between you & axels. sometimes when im away a few days, i wake up in a cold sweat like "did one of those fucks post that lady gaga approves one? oh god maybe i can edit it out before others see it, and find a suitsble post of my own to use it in."

ah, its cool logans, not trying to sell you on it until you're feeling it. ive mostly pushed on here for a few locals who're needing the exercise more (reminds me, i should holla @ joel now that he's a regular in the gym). if you change your mind though, lemme know, should be fun doing the site's challenges & adding our own.

the "deadlift 2.8x your bodyweight one" is about as likely for me as "run 1000 miles in your lifetime" one, for instance.

hoping arch, star, JZA, gun & co see this sometime though. you can even just do at-home stuff like push-ups and the like.

i get it, hondo's. no one's trying to fit into those summer swimsuits anymore, eh? next year, then!

Level 5 in Fitocracy, moving along well! so pissy that my hand's not healed yet, i could really go for some of these benching ones - it'd be fun to push my max just to unlock shit, heh.

here's some achievements i'm likely never gonna get:

Monster Squat - 2.3x bodyweight. even if i drop down to 170, that's 391 lbs. fuck outta here! on a leg press, sure. on a squat, im trying to get back around 250. 4 plates on each side?! you know, im gonna try this on the smith machine one day just to say i did, at least i won't get hurt when it falls.

Bulldozer Back - 2.8x bodyweight on deadlift. to be honest, ive never gone heavy on these at all; too worried my form would fail & id fuck my back up. i much prefer bodyweight shit like pullups, is the thing, so that one achievement for 15 pullups in a row might be unachievable for some others, but i have that on lock once i'm back in.

Atlas (barbell) - shoulder press 1.5x bodyweight, or 255. i might have this wrong, i think they're talking about a military press...nah. id feel brave trying 2 plates on each side with a spotter, and that's still 235. i shouldve tried these when i came back from texas all emaciated and weighing 135.

Beast Mode Bench (dumbbell) - dumbbell bench .77% of your bodyweight, which for me means 65 lbs in each hand. i know i did 55's when i lived at the beach with Jax, so this might be doable, plus you only gotta do most of these 1 time to unlock.

The Shadow of Hermes - Run 1,000 miles in your lifetime. i run 3 miles about 2x a week on average, so that's...166 weeks if i keep at it regular-like (which i don't, because i get bored and switch running for stairs, swimming, or boxing when i can, just to make cardio interesting). this achievement will unlock if i stay logging shit for 3+ years.

that's it, i honestly think i can unlock all the rest (again when im cleared to lift weights with my left), the quests are cool but i just need to do stuff like cycle 6 miles, run a 9 minute mile (not hard), and work on my deadlift. gonna go look up proper form on the last one - still, these challenges look interesting.

Star - there's sports stuff, swimming, running, dancing, any kinda cardio you can imagine; the achievements have more to do with strength-training, but that's it. then again, if you're not trying to challenge those, or the quests, i guess the site's mostly for logging your workouts, checking leaderboards with your friends, and social networking site stuff - posting on that person's page, giving props for their accomplishments, etc.

and i just hope you're not drinking and driving anymore. also, remember to wear clean underwear.

Logans - i'm gonna do you a solid here & pretend Haku logged into your account. any man that can make that tattoo joke on me, comedically, i expect better.

zmi0k1.png

what's more is the leaderboards! we can compare who's where point-wise, give each other props, etc. so far its in closed beta, i got an invite from a buddy on another forum and caught Lipala on, invited Sen but i think i can invite more folks. who's down to step their shit up!?

Holy CRAP!! This is amazing Nick! LOL!!

Sign me up!!

• Upvote 1

well, he waited till i hit 7, but welcome to the Hondo's Leaderboards, space! :cheerleader:

i'm telling you, man - start knocking out those quests for power-leveling! hoping for less rain this week, i got 600 points coming if i can run 6 miles, and do 1 of them under 7 minutes.

oh yeah, another 500 for intermediate widowmaker - 20 squats at bodyweight, that should be fun! still salty that if idve just added 20lbs to the 225 squat last night, idve had the next tier achievement for that workout.

this swim 100 meters in one session...i need to calculate the pool here for this. there is no way to do this without looking ridiculous, but it's for POINTS

• 2 months later...

yeah star, it's basically me & Space Cowboy in our group - aarty sometimes tracks, yahve is dead weight and i don't know what happened to lipala.

PM me your email & i'll send an invite, i'm tracking religiously since i was in a few competitions on another board, plus they added more quests (god i need a fucking bike).