Hondo's Bar

Fitocracy

The NZA

No...I have petellar tendonitis, overuse injury. I just have to becareful how I space out my lifts and with what gymnastics I pair with. For cardio, running is pretty much out, so I row instead (no impact).

We were doing power cleans and it felt ok, 46 power cleans later @ 75lbs, not so much. I iced it, and gonna ice it tonight.

Hit a record today of 50 Deadlifts @ 135lbs, 40 box step ups in 8 minutes. And that was just the first station, there were 2 more. Needless to say, icing the knee tonight.

Note* I did however, wear my compression sleeves and my brace today. :)

• 5 months later...

yeah, i hit a slump when i got bored of the gym too - i used up all my groupons for parkour & crossfit, then jumped into P90x which is cool cause i can do it from the house, but it's long as fuck - Insanity was like 45 minutes, these run 1 hour 20 mins even in the first (of 3) months, x 6 days a week...i just setup my workout, it logs for about 4k points a week. shit's fun so far, but im sure ill hate it/want my time back by march when i finish.

after that i think ill pick up some gym again and start going back to tropical park to box, if my schedule allows.

ive totally youtube'd ghetto workouts - pull-ups on signs/playgrounds/fences etc, all kindsa shit.

when crossfit gyms out here want $100/month, you start getting creative. "Kettlebell? empty milk gallon filled with sand. squat/flip a heavy object? i know a guy with a big ass tire." panch's brother taught me to put my truck in neutral and push it in a parking lot to work accessory muscles. you can rig so much shit, and ive still never benched paint cans like in the movies yet.

yeah, when it's cold...i do indoor stuff, like stairs if a nearby building has it. both Insanity & P90X can be downloaded & done from home, but the latter requires a pull-up bar going over your door (was $25 at wal-mart) and some weights, the former is largely cardio and requires only a mat. there's lotsa routines on YT that use your chair and stuff like that for full regiments though, if you're down to try some shit.

we're here but you already found us

sen is way behind on logging, i dont know how active star or space are right now but im shooting to lap both of them by 100k at some point, heh

I've actually been keeping the same gym schedule, but since I started the new job (in August) I haven't logged anything because my computer at work hates fitocracy for some reason. Regardless of which browser I use, it won't let me log. It's like the plug-in's are messed up. And by the time I get home, I usually have forgetton the specifics of the day's workout and can't be bothered.

It doesn't help that I hate the new setup of the site. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seems I have to actively search out friends logs now, when before they would all show up in the feed. I thought the whole point of the site was to encourage friendly competition by flaunting accomplishments in each others faces.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY

ah, glad to hear you're still at it man. i'm on week 3 of P90, you're welcome to join anytime! tomorrow's some yoga shit, heh.

and yeah, the layout change...i think they had some good ideas but it's not as accessible. i hate having to click my profile, then groups, then hondos where once i just had a groups tab to keep up with our feed, for instance. it was around the same time they introduced "heroes" who paid for statuses, so there was a lot to not be hyped about there...but i'm still in the top 15 at GAF (@ 700 members) so i cant quit now!

ps welcome aboard DoJ - setup a routine if you've got one, makes logging mad easier. i can now do a week's worth of routines in seconds.

I hate the way it gives you less points for certain things than you'd expect. I swear I was close to bursting a blood vessel somewhere trying a one-arm pushup. I am becoming a bit of a points whore but I guess that's how it motivates us by making us think we're in a real life RPG. I'm totally gonna try a quest!

I hate the way it gives you less points for certain things than you'd expect. I swear I was close to bursting a blood vessel somewhere trying a one-arm pushup. I am becoming a bit of a points whore but I guess that's how it motivates us by making us think we're in a real life RPG. I'm totally gonna try a quest!

I explained it to a friend exactly as such earlier on. :shady: